We were at midnight screenings of Sex and the City 2 and we and audiences LOVED it! Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, and Samantha are back and causing more sextacular moments than ever!
From the moment the credits began scrolling during the midnight showing of Sex and the City 2 on May 26, in NYC, the audience literally started cheering and jumping up and down with each individual character’s introduction!
It was a crazy and exciting night, filled with some fashion flashbacks — including the appearance of Carrie Bradshaw’s [Sarah Jessica Parker] Dior newspaper dress. Of course, the glittery, gold shoes Carrie wears at the start of the film were also cause for loud shrieks and shouts.
Despite the crowd’s reaction to Carrie’s sparkling new wardrobe, some critics are saying that SATC 2 took their scandalous behavior too far. But from what we saw, the audience was more than satisfied with the cosmo moments shared with their favorite New York City characters.
Carrie and Co.’s personalities were definitely not lost within their foreign affairs. Samantha [Kim Cattrall] always looking for another orgasm, finds the cure to her desire to stay young. Charlotte [Kristin Davis] always dreaming big, learns to let go and realize that family struggles are ok. And Miranda [Cynthia Nixon] while learning Arabic, finds that she can be as fun and crazy as her best friends.
We won’t spoil what happens next, but lets just say there were A LOT of gasps.
- Haleigh Castino and Nicole Karlis
Here’s what the fans had to say!
- “It was very extravagant and really fun! The glam fashion was great as per usual, and it was a great girl’s night out.”
- “I’m here on vacation from Germany, and I’m a big fan of the series so seeing it in NYC was an almost surreal experience for me. It was excellent!”
- “I loved it. It’s just nice to have a girl’s night out, and this film is perfect for that. It’s a great break from NYC life. It was so cute, I can’t wait to go home and kiss my boyfriend.”
- “I thought it was pretty good. I liked when they found out that the Abu Dhabi hotel would cost $22.000/night. They depicted the attitudes of New Yorkers in a foreign country really well. That was hilarious.”
- “I hated that they weren’t in New York for most of the movie. It seemed just like they were trying to convince people to go to the Middle East. It was funny, but I wished that they had stayed in the states.”
CHECK OUT OUR SATC2 FAN REACTIONS VIDEO!
Check out this video of Russell Brand! (Moviefone)