Oh No Kristen Stewart! Natalie Is The Swedish Pick For 'Girl With The Dragon Tattoo!'

Thu, May 27, 2010 10:32am EDT by 6 Comments

Getty Images

Getty Images

Every hot young actress is being considered for the remake of the highly popular Swedish book and film, but it looks like the Swedes are pinning their hopes on Natalie Portman!

The Swedes have spoken, and it looks like it is Natalie Portman they want to see in the American remake of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo! A survey on popular film site LOVEFiLM.se found Natalie to be the front runner for the role, with other major stars hardly even registering.

In fact, the other actresses up for the role did not even manage to snag runner up positions to Natalie! The survey pegged “effortlessly cool Juliette Lewis and Academy Award winner Hillary (sic) Swank” as the second and third choice! Leading candidate Carey Mulligan “was surprisingly unpopular among Swedish Millennium fans.”

It was not just the female role that was voted on either. Actor Edward Norton was pegged as the most popular choice for the male lead, besting rumored front runner Brad Pitt!

What do you think about Natalie starring in Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

-Chris Spargo

anna

Posted at 4:08 PM on June 6, 2010

Please not Kristen Stewart, she can’t act! I think Natalie would be a good choice actually… Hilary and Juliette are way to old I think. But my choice would be Carey because she is not as famous as Natalie and I think an unknown actress would be the best choice.
Anyway no one can be as good as Noomi Rapace, so whoever gets the part will have to do a really good job to be better than Noomi, because she IS Liseth Salander!

infernarium

Posted at 8:17 PM on May 28, 2010

i wouldn’t*

Babs

Posted at 10:41 PM on May 27, 2010

Natalie could certainly carry this off Kristen and the others are too young thus Lewis and Swank as selections for the runner ups.
I don’t see Natalie wanting it because she has already played his character in “V for Vendetta” as well as “Leon” this is a combination of them both.

It would not surprise me if she turned it down.
I think an unknown is better.
And Yes Natalie is very busy …”Pride and Prejudice” and Zombies as well as “Best Buds” are just about ready to be filmed.

She has been there and done that with this type of character. All of her new films are diverse and different from any of her others.

That’s my opinion if she is asked and takes it I will support her as I do with all of her movies.

anna

Posted at 10:38 PM on May 27, 2010

i think isabella lucas would be perfect!

tnoa

Posted at 1:30 PM on May 27, 2010

kristen can’t even film that movie even if she wanted to do–production starts in October, and she’ll be tied up in BD filming at the same time.

anonymous

Posted at 11:15 AM on May 27, 2010

Unless Portman is Super Woman, I don’t see her taking this role. She’s been filming non-stop since last year and has a long list of projects yet to film. Unless she’s willing to put those films on hold, I would count her out.