Mama Sox was robbed last night – but even she had a feeling that her ‘musical crush’ Lee DeWyze was going to walk away with the top prize this season on American Idol
I am beyond disappointed by the American Idol season finale May 26, if only for the reason that my girl Crystal Bowersox lost by a 2% margin. TWO PERCENT. Highway robbery! That said, I suspected all along that Lee DeWyze might steal her glory and apparently, so did she.
“I knew Lee was going to win,” the 24-year-old Elliston, Ohio native confided post-show. She didn’t seem upset and explained that, throughout this whole experience, her attitude has always been laid-back and laissez-faire. Whatever will be, will be.
“I learned a lot about myself,” she continued. “I feel like I won because Lee won, and I respect him as an artist.”
AMAZING attitude, don’t you think?
Mama Sox totally rocked onstage last night as well. The joy on her face while performing “You Oughtta Know” with Alanis Morissette was evident and she was downright sexy while warbling Christina Aguilera’s “Fighter” with top five girls Katie Stevens, Didi Benami, Siobhan Magnus, Paige Miles and Lacey Brown.
Still, no matter how awesome Crystal was, how much more stage presence she had, votes were still in Lee’s favor. So I have three words for you, America: Al, Gore, Florida. ‘Nuff said.
Crystal, you will always be MY number one Idol!
Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!
- What You DIDN’T See On TV This Week!
- Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
- EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
- EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
- Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
- Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
- Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva