'DWTS' After Party! Erin Andrews & Partner Maksim Admit: 'We're Taking Name Choices For Future Kids!'

Wed, May 26, 2010 8:59am EDT by 13 Comments
Courtesy of ABC

Courtesy of ABC

OK, I’m pretty sure they were joking … but the DWTS cast did get pretty candid in their first big post-season interview!

Dancing with the Stars champ Nicole Scherzinger, along with runners-up Evan Lysacek and Erin Andrews, finally got to rest their dancin’ legs this morning when they sat down with their partners for a post-season interview May 26 on ABC’s Good Morning America. And along with their thoughts on the end of the season, they also shared backstage secrets, including that Kate Gosselin was the show’s biggest prankster!

But before they spilled the backstage beans, the three finalists were given special surprised video messages from their friends and family. Olympic figure skater (and former DWTS competitor) Kristi Yamaguchi told Evan he was a “true champion,” Nicole’s fellow Pussycat Dolls showered her with praise and well wishes, and Erin got messages from her proud family.

Here’s what each star had to say about their time on the show:

Nicole: Partner Derek Hough gave her the “best advice” for the show: “Just prepare yourself for the worst, so if anything really good happens, you’ll be surprised. … I had the most amazing people I was dancing up against.” She also took the time to plug her new single “Nobody Can Change Me,” which she described as a “very powerful and uplifting song.”

Erin: “I came to this show under really crummy circumstances. I just wanted to get my life back together, and get my smile back. And actually, [Maksim Chmerkovskiy] and I have a single coming out too!” [Editor's note: I kind of wish she wasn't joking.] “It sounds so cliché and corny, but it’s such a family.” In the Q&A session, a fan asked if she and Maks are dating, and Maks responded by saying: “We’re taking name choices for future kids!”

Evan: “I came right into Dancing with the Stars not knowing what to expect, and it’s been so much more than I could have anticipated. The bond we all shared as a cast, with the professionals and the crew, I think we all left last night with a new family. We walked out of that building hand in hand.

It’s so great to see that everybody really is as close as they seemed on the show. It really was the best season yet, and we’re all bummed to say goodbye to it.

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

affiliate marketing

Posted at 7:49 PM on July 5, 2012

I do not even understand how I ended up here, however I believed this put up used to be good. I don’t recognize who you’re however definitely you are going to a well-known blogger when you aren’t already. Cheers!

seo marketing companies

Posted at 12:28 AM on July 3, 2012

I do not even know the way I stopped up right here, however I thought this put up was once good. I don’t recognise who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you happen to aren’t already. Cheers!

captcha sucks

Posted at 2:14 PM on May 18, 2012

I was recommended this website via my cousin. I’m not certain whether or not this submit is written through him as no one else recognize such precise about my problem. You are incredible! Thank you!

Join CPA Networks

Posted at 6:50 PM on May 2, 2012

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality was a enjoyment account it. Glance advanced to more delivered agreeable from you! However, how can we keep up a correspondence?

Tyler Christian

Posted at 3:59 AM on August 10, 2011

Now I can say thank you for your full splendid site and hope it will always be attractive

MattFromGeorgia

Posted at 4:20 PM on May 29, 2010

Ok so Erin is hotter then h*ll and i don’t ever go for blondes. Her legs are ridiculous and she has a great rack and *zz. I’d hit that in a NewYork minute or just drool when she’s around. I can’t believe a girl that leggy has such a curvy body…her curves would cut me and i’d like it lol. I hope they aren’t dating because i’d like to think have a shot! Erin should do Playboy…my gawd i have never watched that show but i did for her!

Katia

Posted at 9:46 PM on May 26, 2010

I’ve never watched this show but i did for Erin and Maks! I’m addicted to them too! They should have won and i hope they are dating they are so hott together and the chemistry is off the charts!

Brittany

Posted at 9:18 PM on May 26, 2010

I’m actually a bigger fan of Erin than I am of Maks (a rarity on the ‘net, it seems), but I adore them together. Erin brings out the best in him, and he seems to think the world of her. (Actually, she seems to think the world of him, too!) If they aren’t dating now (I think they are, by the way), they ought to date in the future! <3

gale

Posted at 10:31 AM on May 26, 2010

Erin and Maks are made for each toher in every way-broke his heart and he deserves a great girl

MaksiMAZING!

Posted at 9:52 AM on May 26, 2010

Charismatically, Maksim is like the Brad Pitt of TV! YOWSA he’s HOT!…

…I really think he should be chosen for movies. I WANT MORE MAKSIM!!

Maksim FAN!

Posted at 9:43 AM on May 26, 2010

Erin should get her own show, …and Maksim should get a MAJOR salary bump. He is the only reason I watch DWTS.

I hope Maksim and Erin are dating. They are so cute together.

Maksim FAN!

Posted at 9:41 AM on May 26, 2010

MAKSIM, we love yooooooou! Mouah!!

Kay

Posted at 9:40 AM on May 26, 2010

I am sooooo sad that Erin and Maksim didn’t win! WAAAH!! I absolutely LOVED seeing them dance together and argue and make-up during the show. HOLLYWOOD, PLEEEEASE give them a show! I’m addicted to seeing them banter with each other! What am I going to do NOW???…

…I guess I will console myself with YOUTUBE fan videos of them together, but that really isn’t enough…LOL! I am FOREVER a fan of Maksim Chmerkovskiy now, and I really think Erin is fun and gorgeous! The only reason I watched the show was to see Maksim, but it’s not fair that Nicole (who dances and sings for a living) won the whole thing!