Bristol Palin Says She Never Got The Sex Talk! 'My Parents Just Assumed I Wasn't Doing Anything!'

Wed, May 26, 2010 12:02pm EDT by 9 Comments
Courtesy of Harper's Bazaar

Courtesy of Harper's Bazaar

Bristol says her mom, Sarah Palin, never gave her the “birds and the bees” talk. Do you think it’s important for parents to talk to their kids about sex?

Bristol Palin, 19, never had “the talk!” She became pregnant at 17 with her son Tripp, 17 months, but she tells the June issue of Harpers Bazaar she never had a sit-down convo with her mom, Sarah Palin, about sex. We’re shocked the former Governor of Alaska, who is famous for her outspoken ways, never talked to her daughter about the dangers of having unprotected sex!

“It’s not like we all sat down and were like, ‘Alright, here’s the birds and the bees.’ Truly, my parents just assumed that I wasn’t doing anything. And it was a shock for us all.”

In case you’re a teen thinking it’s time to settle down and have a baby you might want to think again. “I don’t have time for friends or anything like that,” she says. “It’s just like, right, crap, there is a hockey game that I want to go to but I can’t. Or, I do have to go to work today, because I’ve got bills to pay.”

Bristol also points out the pregnancy wasn’t all cravings and mommy glow. “It was kind of humiliating,” she tells Harpers. “Great, I’m 17-years-old, I’m 40 pounds overweight with a big belly on me, all my friends are at school watching this on the news. This kind of sucks.”

Bristol, who raises Tripp as a single mom since splitting with baby daddy Levi Johnston, works as a medical assistant, and as an ambassador for the Candie’s foundation. “I’m on my own. I’m really proud of it,” she says. “I’m a hard worker … I thought I would be somewhere warm at college with my friends, but that was definitely not possible with having Tripp.”

“We’re very proud of her for taking responsibility,” says mom, Sarah. “It’s not an easy road, but it’s the right road. Decisions were made and we can’t unwind those decisions. Consequences are being dealt with … I’m sincerely proud of her.”

As for trying to date? “I’m in no rush,” she says. “One day I’ll find a nice guy.”

And for Bonnie Fuller’s take on how Bristol is over-glamming teen pregnancy, click here!

-Chloe Melas

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

all of you are living in denial

Posted at 11:49 AM on July 15, 2010

All of you are living in denial if you think that if you don’t talk to your kids they wont have sex. All parents should be talking to their kids and then PROTECTING THEM by what ever means necessary. Birth control; condoms; IUD’s, abstinence, whatever the case may be. Don’t encourage sex but don’t be naive about it either.

YouGoBristol

Posted at 11:48 PM on July 14, 2010

My parents gave me the birds and the bees talk… and guess what?! I got pregnant at 17. It’s called nature and it’s called horomones! Kids will have sex before they’re mature enough to realize the consequences. The bottom line is that she is taking care of her beautiful baby boy, as I am mine. She’s lying in the bed she made and you loony libs want to make it seem that because her mom is republican and believes in abstinence that she is somehow a bad kid. She messed up. Big deal. She wasn’t doing anything that YOU or any other average kid of 17 was doing. The media wanted to turn Levi into some big superstar and degrade Bristol!! HYPOCRITES!! I wish you loony libs would go back to your pot smoking, war protesting, and tree hugging and leave the girl alone. She is obviously a strong person and deserves the best!

stupid fundie people here

Posted at 6:02 PM on September 24, 2010

spoken like a true fundie foolt, trying to justify her won slutty behavior in order to cover for bristol, (who by the way, is a complete stranger to you and I isn’t some child so we WON’T leave her alone, given that she is going to the press herself)

SplendidOne

Posted at 8:36 AM on May 27, 2010

Hey, doncha know, if you talk to your kids about sex it will make them want it more. That’s why righties don’t like sex education at school. They work hard not to mention sex to their kids and then the danged teachers starting talking about condoms :)

SplendidOne

Posted at 8:38 AM on May 27, 2010

Ahem – comment above from an apatheistic liberal whose three kids: 27, 25, and 21, did *not* get pregnant out of wedlock and who *did* get the talk, many times!

R G Miller

Posted at 5:34 PM on May 26, 2010

So Sarah never had “the talk” with her daughter? A Republican who (God help us) could have been a heartbeat away from being President didn’t have the brains to talk with her promiscuous daughter about not having unprotected sex? You Betcha! She was probably too busy on her VP Clothes Shopping Spree to notice her kid was giving it up. And all you “tea-Partiers”: This is what you call leadership? YOU’re all frickin’ psychos!

EA Johnson

Posted at 6:30 PM on May 26, 2010

no need to accuse anyone. I see too many kids today that didn’t get the birds and bees lecture. and probably most of the readers didn’t either. Work in public health for past 34 years and know that many many many teen didnt get the message since everyone thinks abstinence works guess what folks it doesn’t check with your kids and how many of them were moms before finishing school or before they got married how many of you adults were not married before you had sex?

Disgusted

Posted at 11:26 AM on July 14, 2010

What does her being a Republican have anything to do with it?????? And last time I checked it was not “illegal” not to have that talk and it doesn’t depict if someone will be a good president. Look at the moron in office now!!!!!!!!!!!

Tammie

Posted at 12:24 PM on July 14, 2010

I’d say 90% of the population did not have the sex talk. Parents do the best they can but when we have the liberals teaching our kindergarten kids how to put condoms on a banana we are in big trouble. And the way of the world today, what difference does it make how old a girl is. Back in the day young girls got married at 13. You always hear about the girls. Takes 2 to make a baby. Where are the dads. They got their excitement for the moment. Remember the saying dad’s “YOU PLAY YOU PAY.”