Bonnie Says:Stop Freaking Out Over Julie Bowen's Pic of Her Breastfeeding twins!

Wed, May 19, 2010 7:41pm EST by 10 Comments

Is it really offensive to see a woman breastfeeding?

Is it even more offensive for a celebrity to show herself breastfeeding her twins, on national TV?

Julie Bowen, who stars in ABC’s Modern Family made this controversial move on The George Lopez Show on Mon, May 17th. Not only did she voluntarily give George the photo of sons John and Gus, who just turned 1, she also demonstrated how you hold twins and breastfeed both at the same time — it’s called “the double football hold.”

Julie couldn’t have been more charmingly candid about revealing what is a beautiful photograph of herself doing what comes naturally — “I had the picture and I hope you are brave enough to show it,” she told George. “It’s the end of my career.” There has been a report that when Julie appeared  earlier on The View, she wasn’t allowed to show the pic.But she did talk hilariously  to ” the ladies” about breastpumping, while driving!

Strangely to me, when we put this photo up on HollywoodLife.com — we had some immediate emails — imploring us to take it down.

It’s offensive,” said one. “It’s too shocking,” said another.

But why? Why is a photo of a mom breastfeeding — something that has now been confirmed by numerous studies, as the healthiest way to feed your baby — either offensive or shocking?

Guess, those are the same people who want mom’s to get thrown out of restaurants for breastfeeding.

In the meantime, Julie, who also has a 3 year-old son, Oliver, looked AMAZING — in a short skirt — and honestly said what every working mom knows — working is a vacation. “Working is so much easier,” than being at home. Home is a constant onslought of tiny genitilia and poop,” she told George.

She spoke another truth — breastfeeding her twins has helped her lose weight. “It’s like two little liposuction machines on you. They suck the fat right out of you.. They’re doing God’s work right there helping me return to my birth weight,” she blabbed to George.

I say — thank you Julie. As a mom of four, your frankness and humor about breastfeeding, your boys poop and your inadequacy about remembering snacks and tushy wipes on a mom/kids hike, was highly welcome!

Ignore those breastfeeding phobics — I will too!

–Bonnie Fuller

Slig

Posted at 3:05 AM on May 22, 2010

If see my barther say me ok bay

Slig

Posted at 3:01 AM on May 22, 2010

Some here guy naat good yah some here

Slig

Posted at 2:59 AM on May 22, 2010

What happin people are you people freaking kidding me omg pleas stop

Slig

Posted at 2:56 AM on May 22, 2010

I foget somthing im child my mom never giv me milk

Slig

Posted at 2:52 AM on May 22, 2010

Twins soo cut mom milk ummm twins she big breast

Sue

Posted at 8:59 PM on May 21, 2010

I love the picture… I think it is a very precious moment!

mjhogan

Posted at 12:17 PM on May 21, 2010

The best way to un-sexualize women’s breasts is to have as many people as possible see them being used for what nature intended. I love Julie Bowen even more for he completely candid conversation and lets go ahead and get as many people to breast feed in public and not act like it is repulsive.

AG

Posted at 8:34 PM on May 20, 2010

She did nothing wrong. People who get offended by this kind of stuff need to grow up. By the way, I’m not a mother.

xxo

Posted at 11:50 AM on May 20, 2010

I will admit that as someone who hasn’t had babies those photos are intimidating/fascinating but also inspiring!!!
she should be proud of herself

NYCTim

Posted at 12:51 AM on May 20, 2010

It’s ONSLAUGHT.

The people who think breastfeeding is “offensive” are conservative morons. What could possibly be offensive about a mother feeding her child? And Julie looks even better than before now that she actually has breasts. She’ll never be Sofia Vergara, but only a handful can be in that stratosphere.