Is Jesse Dating Rachel Because His Choir Coach Is Making Him? This Is A Horrible Plot Device, 'Glee!'

Wed, May 19, 2010 3:11pm EDT by 7 Comments
Courtsey of Fox

Courtsey of Fox

We FINALLY learn who Rachel’s mother is last night, but what is the deal with Jesse?

Last night’s Glee with very special guest star Neil Patrick Harris playing Mr. Schuster’s (Matthew Morrison) foe, was pretty great, but really, really confusing. What is the deal with Jesse (Jonathan Groff)?! We find out that his Vocal Adrenaline coach Shelby Corcoran (Idina Menzel) is using him to get close to Rachel (Lea Michele) BECAUSE SHE’S HER MOTHER! No real surprise on the mother thing — most everyone thought Idina would be Lea’s mother when she joined the show — but pimping out a student? That’s a bit out there… even for Glee!

The pairing of Lea and Idina did lead to the best song of the evening, “I Dreamed a Dream,” and their version of “Poker Face” on next week’s Lady Gaga episode sounds amazing. But isn’t there a better plot device that could have been used to bring the two together? I mean, I thought I was watching Melrose Place for the better part of the episode. Not to mention the fact that instead of writing a letter, or telling her (I know, I know, she was sworn to secrecy) she made a tape. Really?!

This is far too ridiculous, Glee. Let’s try and get back to the music, where you thrive, and quit it with the over-the-top story lines.

Everything else in the episode was great, though no Brittany made me sad. What did everyone else think about Jesse?!

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

marques françaises

Posted at 8:43 PM on February 21, 2014

s pour intervenir sur des dommages plus importants, faisant pourtant l.
Ryan Lochte, des mesures concrètes pour prouver sa force,
Phelps n’a pas retourné à l’apogée, sacs hermes sa performance sera sans aucun doute jouer un rôle.
Je suis également plus optimiste à propos de Ryan Lochte, il est désormais plus mature, d’autre part, Phelps est toujours en recovey.

Posted at 12:24 AM on February 17, 2014

It’s Full of Vitamin C but interestingly low in caffeine.
BSB Culmine Mousee Cleansers compliments all skin types, such as combination and oily
skin, as well as, dry and sensitive skin. , sélectionner le blousons vendre
Boutique venant La suivante.

Alan A. Katz

Posted at 3:34 AM on May 28, 2010

I can’t believe what you wrote! Complaining about Glee going “over the top”??? If you want realism, there’s tons of shows out there for you. From day one, Glee has been as over the top as the broadway shows whose tunes it features. Kurt teaching dance to the football team? Fake pregnancy? Slushies in the face, dumpster dives? Jane Lynch, period? I mean, c’mon, theatrical over-the-top plots is what Glee is all about.

If you’re moaning about a lack of realism, trust me, you just really don’t get Glee.

Too bad.

Christian

Posted at 1:59 PM on May 23, 2010

*Snore* Are you serious? The portrait of Jesse as the manipulating infiltrator was painted and suggested in his very first episode on the show. Did this actually catch you by surprise? If anything, this new development (Shelby using him to get close to Rachel) is a hell of a lot less sinister than what was first suggested (Jesse getting close to Rachel to wreck her, along with any chances for the regionals title). Also, you think this is over the top? What show were you watching before? You must have missed the fake pregnancy and the limitless scheming.

Allison

Posted at 6:18 AM on May 20, 2010

I agree with Yuffie that Shelby isn’t pimping him out, I think Jesse really has feelings for Rachel and I think they make the best couple, they have really came together over the past few episodes. I really hope the writers make this happen, I would hate to see Rachel end up with Finn or anyone else for that matter! Did you not see the look in Jesse’s eyes at the end of that episode – he knew Rachel was hurting over this whole mum thing, and this also hurt him because he genuinely has feelings for her!

Yuffie

Posted at 2:55 AM on May 20, 2010

The vocal coach is not pimping him out. They even covered that.

Jesse: “I seduced her, just like you told me too!”
Shelby: “Befriend, was the word I used actually.”

Yes, she is using him to get close to Rachel, but having him date her wasn’t what she had in mind.

As for the tape, I get the cheesy part, but I thought it was actually so sweet! I mean, instead of writing a letter…she wanted her daughter to hear her voice! Honestly, I think that’s much better then a silly old letter. It has a lot more meaning to it.

Kim

Posted at 4:05 PM on May 19, 2010

Seriously, you pick this as over the top. Did you miss the getting pregnant in the hot tub or the fake baby story?

Please this isn’t Melrose place if the pregnancy stories weren’t.