EXCLUSIVE! Bye, Bye 'Smallville' — Tom Welling Confirms Season Ten Will Be The Show's Last!

Wed, May 19, 2010 1:50pm EDT by 46 Comments

051910_smallville

It seemed like Smallville was superhuman, but the long-running CW show has finally found it’s kryptonite in cancellation after ten seasons!

Despite the fact that he plays Superman, Tom Welling never expected his series, Smallville, to last as long as it has. Even so, he confirmed that it’s finally time to hang up his cape!

“Season 10 of Smallville will be the last season” Tom told HollywoodLife.com exclusively at a party for Jerry Weintraub’s new book, “When I Stop Talking You’ll Know I’m Dead” at Barneys New York in Beverly Hills, Calif. May 18.

The 33-year-old actor also revealed what super acting skills he’s had to learn in order to pull off his Clark Kent character for so long. “The real test is when you own it onscreen,” Tom told us. “Once you think you have perfected things, you’ve got to keep practicing. There is always something to learn! It works for me and it will work for others”

It’s definitely sad that Smallville is coming to an end, but at least we have one more season to see Tom morph from geeky-cute Clark into studly Superman, look super-hot in Spandex tights and watch him fall in love with Lois (Erica Durance).

– Russell Weakland

Do you think Ashley Greene is hotter than … (Starpulse)

The minute you talk superhero movies … (Moviefone)

Check out these horrible celeb pet deaths! (The Frisky)

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

cosme correia

Posted at 6:14 AM on September 23, 2010

je suis un grand fan des superman depuis George Reeves à tom welling et maintenant que tom welling a la possibilité faire des saison sans fin il décide de s’arrêter à la saison 10.Ce n’est pas juste pour les fans.

Anthony

Posted at 2:36 PM on August 26, 2010

Yeah,forgive me, I made a couple mess-ups but you know what I means:)

Anthony

Posted at 2:29 PM on August 26, 2010

It was a hell of a show and I have been watching it since I was in high school and as a true Superman fan, I have been faithful to it and I would like take my hat off to the cast and crew of Smallville for 10 long years, including Tom Welling, who has not only became a wonderful actor but also has developed the skill and ability to embody the character of Superman and he has spend ten years building his character and he has the most experience of being familiar with the character and I don’t what these Tom Welling/Superman haters say because their all full of ignorance. For those who made the 425 votes for “All done”, your wrong because at this point it’s anything but done and the storyline for Smallville has to move on from Smallville to Metropolis since Clark will finally become Superman in this final season. Tom Welling would make an excellent Superman for the today’s generation and even Tom himself said the he’s always been open to it. It make sense! Season after season, he has proven time and time again that not only he can act, but able to show the most potential for the Superman role.
Warner Bros. had better find a way to get him for the role and by all means, they cannot let Hollywood screw up the Superman movie in the future like they did with Dragonball Evolution – NO. They can’t do that again, not with Superman. After Superman Returns, they seriously need to made the reboted Superman movie far better than Superman Returns. At this point, it’s not good enough to have a “good” Superman movie. What we need is an AWSOME Superman movie and with not just with special effects but with a much better storyline, plot and able to have a good connection with audience and with the characters as well. And they need to make Clark stronger and faster since this is the last season and he’ll finally fly and eventually become Superman. Same for the new Superman movie for the future. And they have to keep true to the fact that closer he gets to the yellow sun, the more power he gain and all his abilities become more amplified – fact when Superman flies closer and closer towards or even into the yellow sun, he can absorb enormous amounts of the yellow sun’s energy, not only making him far more powerful but able to reach very god-like levels and becoming faster than the speed of light.

donna bennett

Posted at 8:34 PM on June 18, 2010

One more thing, Chloe and Clark deserve a chance to be together, before the last season runs it’s course…(Loophole)?!!

donna bennett

Posted at 8:22 PM on June 18, 2010

Since this is last season, Words to the wise…Should let Allison Mack stay…so much story to fill in….will leave a big gap……P. S..Clark and Chloe should get together)!!!!!

TW 4 Superman

Posted at 5:07 AM on June 15, 2010

Now what the WB needs to do is sign Tom Welling to play SUPERMAN on the big screen with Michael Rosenbaum as Lex, and get the movie series back in gear!

Tom Welling is this generations SUPERMAN!

nathan

Posted at 5:47 PM on June 13, 2010

i will greatly miss smallville and wish that it would go for a few more seasons. just hope the WB knows that they are going to lose alot of viewers because of this.

Yamila Barros

Posted at 4:39 PM on June 8, 2010

I love Allison Mack and Justin Hartley.They have such great chemistry on Smallville.I know we’ll have a wonderful 10th season, but I know will miss it when it ends.I spent my ten years with this show.Definetly this is the best show ever.Come on and go for season 11.I will miss you guys.

CML

Posted at 9:00 PM on June 2, 2010

Ten years isn’t long enough !!! The man barely flies. Let’s go for at least 12 seasons :)

JACOB

Posted at 8:14 PM on October 5, 2010

THEY SHOULD GO FOR 14 SEASONS

deniz

Posted at 12:39 PM on May 30, 2010

Of course,I will miss Smallville.I spent my ten years with this show.It would be really hard to get used to not see Smallville every week.I will miss Lois and Clark so much.Thank God we have season 10.

Deb

Posted at 5:57 PM on May 29, 2010

I love Tom Welling and Erica Durance. They have such great chemistry on Smallville. I don’t want it to end. There’s still so much that they can do with the characters. Also, I would love to see Lana come back and for Clark to profess his love for Lois because she’s his destiny and one true love. I truly hope it doesn’t end with Season 10.

Jane Smith

Posted at 12:53 PM on May 29, 2010

Like I’m going to believe a rag that bashes celebrities? ha!

Johanna Lopez

Posted at 10:42 AM on May 21, 2010

I’m going to miss Smallville so badly. I love that show!!

I’m going to miss Lois and Clark, they both are awesome and beautiful together.

brenda

Posted at 10:27 AM on May 21, 2010

I AM ABOUT TO CRY
O LOVE THIS SHOW
I DINDT USE 2 HAVE TIME 2 WATCH IT BUT KNOW I DO AND WHAT AM I GOING 2 DO
i love clark AKA tom welling he is really hot
AND I LOVE lois AKA erican durance
she is one of my favorites actressses
i love CLARK AND LOIS

but then i am kind of glad is the end
I LOVE EVERY ENDING SHOW
every one is going 2 be happy

LOIS AND CLARK WILL BE TOGETHER AND THAT IS REALLY GOOD
so i am kind of happy and sad
BUT I WILL MISS THIS SHOW

alex

Posted at 8:13 AM on May 30, 2010

i love sammville i hope clark starts to fly in sason 10. i really hope they go for a season 11 i would be ssoooo upset if they didnt i love sammville sience seaason 1 episode 1 pilot. i loved season 6 to and season 8 9 and i definetly will like season 10. and ( 11 )

mary gannon

Posted at 9:35 PM on November 7, 2010

geez, people. learn how to spell! to, two, too; their, they’re, there; season; smallville; and MANY MORE…GET IT RIGHT!

robert

Posted at 5:27 AM on May 21, 2010

OMG Omg OMG i LOVE THIS SHOW, SMALLVILLE IS THE EBST AND I WILL MISS IT I’M SO SAD WHY CAN’T THEY LET IT GO FOR 11 SEASONS

anjanie doolarsingh

Posted at 10:57 PM on May 20, 2010

smallville is the best show ever , i will miss you tom i wish you guys’ all the best the show was incredible you guys have done a marvelous job , once again i will definitely miss you guys on tv so best of luck

alex

Posted at 8:09 AM on May 30, 2010

i love smallville i rwally hope they go for season 11

BKK Fan

Posted at 7:19 PM on July 7, 2010

Truly love Smallville. Hope it goes on to Season 11 and so on.