Chad & Cheryl Kicked Off 'DWTS!' Can They Go Public With Their Love Now?

Wed, May 19, 2010 10:15am EST by 13 Comments
Courtesy of ABC

Courtesy of ABC

It’s tragic to see our favorite couple Chad & Cheryl leave DWTS – but now they might have the chance to become partners FOR REAL!

It’s now down to a battle of talent on Dancing With The Stars after Chad Ochocinco and partner Cheryl Burke were voted off May 18. Shortly after the show, Chad took to his Twitter to apologize to Cheryl for their loss: “baby girl I’m so sorry I let you down, I’m used to dancing in the endzone not the dance floor, my apologies :(” Was Chad more upset about losing a challenge or about disappointing his possible loved one?

Either way, Chad got pretty far in the competition for having no dance experience whatsoever. In an interview with ABC after he danced the Waltz, Chad admitted that his lack of experience, “makes me more competitive. That’s what this process is about … people with no dance experience at all.  Climbing those mountains, getting over those obstacles. I’ve enjoyed it all the way.”

The final three competitors — Evan LysacekErin Andrews and Nicole Scherzinger — will return next week for the final round. We can’t wait to see who will win!

So will Chad and Cheryl be able to go public with their secret romance now? Probably not, because Chad has his dating show, The Tournament coming out on VH1 in July. Looks like they’ll have to keep their relationship under wraps for a while longer.

For now, check out the videos below of Chad & Cheryl! At least they had Sarah McLachlan and Miley Cyrus perform live to serenade them goodbye. Miley even broke out singing her latest single, “Can’t Be Tamed,” from inside of a cage!

— Lindsey DiMattina

Chad & Cheryl’s Waltz & Samba:

Season 10 Week 9 Results Video:

Chad & Cheryl’s Rehearsal:

Wordpress SEO Steps

Posted at 2:26 PM on June 9, 2012

I was recommended this web site through my cousin. I am not certain whether this put up is written by means of him as nobody else realize such specific approximately my trouble. You are wonderful! Thanks!

chad and cheryl fan

Posted at 3:57 PM on May 31, 2010

I’m having DWTS withdrawal. Luckily we only have to wait til September for the new season. As for Chad and Cheryl, I think their days of doing the horizontal mambo jambo are probably over. They were definitely getting it in tho! We all know they are lying about that, but it’s none of our business anyway. It’s very understandable when two attractive single people are together all day long pressed up against each other. Darnit it’s a natural response, human nature especially if you have a genuine attraction towards one another like they do. Chad and Cheryl has amazing chemistry and looked absolutely adorable together, but I don’t believe he is her type. I just can’t see anything beyond DWTS for them. I’ll bet they parted on good terms and will always have a mutual friendship. They’re my all time favorite DWTS couple. Their short lived romance made for great tv! They had a mutual attraction but not true love. There is a difference. I would be shocked, yet very happy if they hooked up after his dating show, but I wouldn’t put no money on it.

KA

Posted at 8:42 AM on May 23, 2010

As chad said on Regis and Kelly, if it wasn’t for his dating show. Cheryl would have been the one.

To me, he doesnt seem as excitted about his show anymore.
Hopefully they’ll wait for each other, cause they are perfect together.

Unfortunately, that VH1 contract probably isn’t something easy to get out of, so hes stuck with the show :/

chad and cheryl fan

Posted at 4:06 PM on May 31, 2010

Cheryl is too practical to let loose and date someone with a dating show. She made that clear the entire time. Nobody can tell me that they didn’t have alot of ‘fun’ tho lol! I hope she made the right decision tho. Regrets is a b*tch!!

mimi

Posted at 11:31 AM on May 20, 2010

Yes they are really fantastic together….

Katie

Posted at 6:26 PM on May 19, 2010

I don’t think they’ll be dating….. Chad is going to have his own dating show on VH1… perhaps it was all part of the “promo”. Just google chad dwts dating show…

I was sorry to see them voted off last night.

Kizzie

Posted at 6:12 PM on May 19, 2010

The beautiful Chad and Cheryl surely will be Dancing with the Stars after the show because he’s not letting her go. lol. Good job DWTS producers for pairing these 2 up!!! It came especially at the right time for him

Kizzie

Posted at 6:10 PM on May 19, 2010

The beautiful haan Cheryl surely will be Dancing with the Stars after the show because he’s not letting her go. lol. Good job DWTS producers for pairing these 2 up!!! It came especially at the right time for him.

chat

Posted at 3:34 PM on May 19, 2010

I hope Chad will still go after Cheryl as I think they deserve each other even after his dating show is over.

Sarah

Posted at 2:54 PM on May 19, 2010

They are secretly dating. They are a sexy couple.

Hope

Posted at 2:03 PM on May 19, 2010

I would LOVE,LOVE to see Chad and Cheryl together. I didn’t know much about Chad if anything at all other than he had lost his friend, but after seeing him on DWTS, I fell in love with him. His personality is so amazing.

Becca

Posted at 12:04 PM on May 19, 2010

Those two go together like PB&J.

Rae