EXCLUSIVE! Adam Lambert Tells Us Who He’s Picking To Win ‘American Idol!'

Mon, May 17, 2010 12:11pm EDT by 16 Comments
Getty Images, Courtesy of Fox

Getty Images, Courtesy of Fox

Season 8’s runner-up is pulling for dreadlocked chanteuse Crystal Bowersox to take home the top prize!

With his heavy guyliner and crazy costumes, Adam Lambert was too controversial to appeal to EVERYONE on American Idol last season, which is why he became runner-up to corn-fed cutie Kris Allen. But Adam recognizes a similar spirit in one of this year’s contestants — dreadlocked mom Crystal Bowersox— and he says her uniqueness will make her a winner!

“I think Crystal is great,” Adam, 28, gushed to HollywoodLife.com exclusively at KIIS-FM’s Wango Tango concert in Los Angeles May 15 when asked who he’d love to see win Idol this season.  “I love her anti-establishment attitude.”

Crystal, otherwise known as Mama Sox, has been a crowd favorite all season (she hasn’t made it to the bottom 3 once!) and is one of the final three contestants, alongside rocker Lee Dewyze and sexy bluesman Casey James. This week the remaining contestants will compete for a spot in the final two. Do you agree with Adam that Crystal will make it all the way to #1?

–Kirstin Benson
–Reporting by Michaela Myers

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

mimi

Posted at 12:12 PM on May 19, 2010

Okay after last night, Lee is the winner …Casey not strong enough and Crystal no no……and Adam I would love to see you with a clean face??????

Foliar

Posted at 7:28 AM on May 19, 2010

no no no.I want Lee to win,but actually,L and C have done a great job.
STILL,I really really hope Lee win.
so I kind of disagree with the vote up there.

Sharlene Wilcox

Posted at 10:26 PM on May 18, 2010

I haven’t watched all season. The level of talent is really disappointing. Adam Lambert raised the level last season and I am afraid it will never get to that level again!

Carl

Posted at 5:02 AM on May 18, 2010

I appreciate Adam’s honesty. Honestly, I acknowledge that Crystal is the best singer but clearly not my favorite.
And Idol has many male years so far. To a great extent it’s due to the female voting thing. So I don’t hold much hope that Crystal would be the actual winner.

sanda nale

Posted at 11:59 PM on May 17, 2010

2 ganes goplin vi love you crystal

Hawk

Posted at 9:30 PM on May 17, 2010

I kinda liked Adam in the auditions last season, but the more theatrical he got, and the screeching, and the sticking out of the tongue, the more he lost me, and now I cannot stand him – neither his singing nor his made-up look!

I don’t think Crystal is like him at all. No, I don’t like her dreads, but that’s not why I’m not voting for her. It’s all in her attitude – like nobody is better than her, and that includes the judges and any superiors she may have (I guess). She has a lot to learn in that department! Every song she sings sounds the same – tho I admit she has a beautiful voice, if she could just learn a little diversity!

I’ll be voting for the 2 guys this week, and whichever guy is left in the finale. Both guys will be GREAT once they get off the Idol stage, IMO. GO CASEY & LEE!

Steve

Posted at 5:07 AM on May 18, 2010

Chill out. What you hate is actually what I love about Adam and what stands him out in music industry today. For me, the clean look is not a factor in judging music or a person (personality counts, though). Musically I’m open to any styles as long as I click with it.

I agree with you though, that Crystal is not very much Adam Lambert. Yeah, esp. the humble thing and the diversity thing. She’s very talented, just like the 2 other guys. I guess we’ll see what happens

kathleen

Posted at 8:12 PM on May 17, 2010

I hope it’s Lee & Casey for the Top 2 ! Crystal is good;
just not my favourite! (Adam really liked Toddrick Hall…
but he didn’t last long ..also Big Mike…he’s gone!) Both Casey & Lee have been good…So, we’ll just have to vote & see!!!!

goingyourway101

Posted at 6:21 PM on May 17, 2010

Lee Dewyze will win. I never was really fond of watching American Idol until I saw him the first time, he sang something like “you still the one”. From the time I can’t stop watching him. When he sings, his voice, his eyes, everything about him speaks right through my hearts!!! By the way I am 60 year old!!!

scarla

Posted at 3:37 PM on May 17, 2010

I hope Crystal wins. She’s been the best talent from the start, but I read an article a few days ago that said lots of people really HATE her dreads. I didn’t realize that her hairstyle was so controversial. I’m afraid she may have the same road to travel that Adam did.
Anyway, GOOD LUCK CRYSTAL !!!!!!

galey

Posted at 3:25 PM on May 17, 2010

Not EVERYONE loves Crystal….I don’t! She sounds the same and looks the same all the time. Even with costume changes she still looks the same and all her songs are alike.
And, she has a smart-ass attitude that turns me off. I vote for Lee but do like Casey too….regardless, all 3 will get contracts.

Freya77

Posted at 2:13 PM on May 17, 2010

If crystal doesn’t win…. I swear Idol voters are screwed up

Trish

Posted at 1:08 PM on May 17, 2010

Just keep counting Casey out, but he will be in the final two. AI wants Crystal to win, so I don’t think he will win it. Casey is humble, likeable and a crazy guitar player. I for one love his voice and he will get a recording contract either way. My favorites were Siobhan and Casey. Siobhan got some negative comments from Simon and unfortunately that sealed her doom for winning. Come on everybody, vote for Casey to win.

gbtw

Posted at 3:18 PM on May 17, 2010

i agree with most of your comments. love casey, but don’t think his voice has the most range- though i love it. love that sound. but, i also love crystal, and lee has grown on me. i’m okay with any of them winning, and hope all three have deals at the end of the day- which i expect. siobhan, i don’t think simon doomed her just b/c he noticed something he didn’t like. anybody that happens to agree with him, people think we’re just following simon… but that’s not the case. i liked her on aretha-like songs, but she was too all over the place to figure out. yes, it’s cool that she was original, but i don’t think you can build an audience when you go from chorus teacher, to aretha, to something else, etc. i loved her early stuff, but didn’t think she really had what it took to be an AI yet (something else, better/different- but not a pop singer… remember, you have to appeal to the masses, as many people as possible, to win that show. being as unique and undefinable as siobhan doesn’t really work.)

Cady

Posted at 12:47 PM on May 17, 2010

Love Adam! Love Crystal! Definitely both the best of their own seasons! I think both Kris Allen and Lee DeWyze are very talented but talent is not the reason why I think Kris won and why Lee will win this season. I hope good things for all of them, but whatever happens Adam and Crystal came out strong and consistently strong and amazing, so for me these two have earned the title.

wm

Posted at 10:57 AM on May 18, 2010

I hope Lee wins. I think Crystal is talented but very predictable and sounds the same every week. I also don’t care much for her attitude. Casey often sounds like a lamb but is a good guitarist. Never have been a fan of his. As for last year, I think Adam is talented but I didn’t care for his theatrical performances, screeching and tongue in most of his performances. I voted for Kris throughout the competition because I thought he was a genuine artist and felt each performance and his connection to the songs. He is all about the music and not theatrics or shock value. Everyone has different tastes in music and style and that’s great… I still like watching the Kradam (Kris & Adam) videos on youtube. Some fun, memorable moments.