Gwyneth Paltrow Is Cutting Back Her Career To Keep Her Family Together!

Sat, May 15, 2010 5:08pm EDT by 7 Comments
Splashnews.com (2)

Splashnews.com (2)

Even superstar actresses know when to say “enough is enough!” Gwyn is totally rearranging her priorities.

Gwyneth Paltrow, 37, may be slightly out of touch with the common woman (she apparently gives her kids Apple, 6, and Moses, 4, vegetarian sushi for lunch) but she does have one philosophy that a lot of women can respect: She’s making the conscious decision to put her family before her career. “I have these two beautiful kids and I just want to be home with them,” she tells the UK’s Daily Mail. “My kids are my priority. … I could throw myself into my career and then I’d probably lose my marriage.”

That’s a surprisingly healthy attitude for Gwyn to adopt — especially when you consider that she and rocker hubby Chris Martin are almost never photographed together. They’re both so busy!

As it turns out, Gwyn is applying her traditional values to every aspect of her home life:

“I’m the person who organises everyone’s schedule,” she says. “I feel like that’s a woman’s job anyway — it’s like you take care of your guy, you take care of your kids, you take care of the house, so I didn’t think it was very far from my life in a lot of ways.”

julie

Posted at 12:10 AM on May 16, 2010

I applaud Gwyneth,many actresses put everything into their careers and end up with nothing.What good is having a huge house if your never there to enjoy it,what good is having kids if you leave them to be raised by nannies,what good is being married if you can’t invest the time to make it work.I’m all for working women,but the reality is if a woman walked away from her marriage and left her kids behind she would be condemmed and black listed.

dingdong

Posted at 9:42 PM on May 15, 2010

qwewrt

Let's Keep It Real

Posted at 7:47 PM on May 15, 2010

Keep it real Gwynie! The only reason why she is saying this now is most likely due to the lack of (good) scripts/roles available to her. She is one Hollywood, out of touch, smug, self-righteous, snot I wish would go away.

Angeliz

Posted at 8:51 PM on May 15, 2010

totally agree …. theres Not that much space for her lately…. theres a lot of new and old actresses that r playing the game extremely good….and som of them dont really hav anything that hold them back afortunaly for them …. she should stay home…. she would be more useful !!!

mimi

Posted at 10:55 PM on May 15, 2010

WAUH , YOU HAVE VERY TOUGH WORDS TO SAY, I THINK SHE IS FILMING IN HAWAII MED JEN ANISTON, OR MAY BE SHE FINISH FILMING…..I am sure she can pick and choose whatever she wants………

karen

Posted at 11:54 PM on May 15, 2010

That is Nicole Kidman not Gwenny..

I think she could work if Chris supported her more. It seems like they are NEVER together. She did this after having her last child and got Iron man. Well she is not 20 something. She may not be able to afford to do this. Some Actresses have a partner that support their careers. Why does the woman have to stay home. Their children have 2 parents. not one.

I have to say I am not a fan of hers. It makes me sad because I used to like her so much..Emma..awwww.

mimi

Posted at 11:32 AM on May 16, 2010

Sorry Karen ….it was Kidman,You are right, but why don’t you like Gwyneth anymore?…( by the way her mother is fantastic)…..