UPDATE! Good News! 'One Tree Hill' May Not Be Ending This Season After All!

Thu, May 13, 2010 6:10pm EDT by 19 Comments
UPDATE! Good News! 'One Tree Hill' May Not Be Ending This Season After All!
Loading video...

Though the trailer for this Monday’s finale screams “last episode,” rumors are buzzing that One Tree Hill will get an eighth season!

It’s true, BFFs! There’s still hope that we’ll get to see more of Sophia Bush, Robert Buckley and the rest of the gang from Tree Hill this fall! According to Entertainment Weekly‘s Michael Ausiello, “The CW is said to be strongly considering renewing both One Tree Hill and Life Unexpected for 12 episodes apiece.” Half a season is better than no season at all, and it would give the show an opportunity to wrap up its story lines and give fans the ending they deserve.

But in case the show doesn’t get picked up, Sophia, who plays slutty cheerleader-turned-fashion designer Brooke Davis, is prepared for the worst. She joined the ABC comedy pilot for Southern Discomfort, which she’ll star in if One Tree Hill doesn’t live to see an eighth season.

Of course, it’s all speculation up to this point. An official announcement will be made at The CW’s annual up front presentation May 20, so keep your fingers crossed!

BFFs, if One Tree Hill does get picked up for an eighth season, what do you hope to see in the fall? A wedding for Brooke & Julian (Auston Nichols)? A second baby for Nathan (James Lafferty) & Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti)? A surprise visit from Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) & Peyton (Hilarie Burton)? Drop us a comment and let us know!

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Poetry

Posted at 11:38 AM on May 2, 2012

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts on this sort of house . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i am happy to exhibit that I’ve a very good uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I most for sure will make sure to don?t fail to remember this website and give it a look regularly.

marium

Posted at 7:03 PM on September 9, 2010

i really reallly want chad and hilarie to return on the show.I just love them , I also want clay and quinn to be alive, they both make such a cute couple :)

LizRochelle16

Posted at 9:04 PM on May 17, 2011

I want Clay and Quinn to get married (: And for Lucas & Peyton to Come back with Sawyer grown up !!

SHANNON

Posted at 10:55 AM on May 18, 2010

well the episode just watched the finale was shocking at the end…. I hope they get another season and would like to see peyton and lucas show up for brooke and jullian’s wedding and haley have a girl, and not for quinn and clay to die. As for the rest whatever but I have loved peyton and lucas since beginning a now I am haley and nathen so please if and when end let in be a good ending for those copule as you did for peyton and lucas….

bob

Posted at 10:27 PM on May 17, 2010

OMG! I spoke too soon!!! I just finished the last tonights show and I must say…the last five minutes rocked!!! Basically it worked like this…get rid of the stupid actors! YES! You know what the best part of having a DVR is? Fast forwarding past their part in the show! Course you know what this means now right…Haley is going to be sad…again… Still awesome ending! That was amazing!

bob

Posted at 9:59 PM on May 17, 2010

Oh geez let it go people. I too have been watching this show since the very beginning and man oh man did this last season take a turn for the worst. I can’t believe how many people said this was their best season. The people who said that have never seen the beginning. I mean look at the past…Haley has been through so much through the years and all of a sudden she wants to end it cause her mom pasted away? Dude wtf? And all these new people…the show just needs to end. Payton is gone. Lucas is gone. Just end the show.

Mindy Ling

Posted at 5:47 PM on May 17, 2010

I’ve been holding down OTH since it came out. All good things come to an end but if Peyton and Lucas can come back, it would be a the perfect series finale ever!

Bianca

Posted at 11:55 AM on May 16, 2010

ONE TREE HILL DON’T END!!!!!!! Best show in the world. My absolute favorite

Ashley

Posted at 1:40 PM on May 15, 2010

happiness for brooke :D

Emma-Rose

Posted at 10:04 AM on May 15, 2010

I totally agree with mbc0527. Also for haley and nathen to have a little girl. Peyton and Lucas returning would be a great finale. I <3 OTH!

loveLeyton

Posted at 7:33 AM on May 15, 2010

A surprise visit from Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) & Peyton (Hilarie Burton)!!! I love LEYTON!!

Margaret Haggai

Posted at 3:58 PM on May 14, 2010

I would love to see Peyton and Lucas.I Missed them in season 7, they can’t just leave please.

mbc0527

Posted at 11:00 AM on May 14, 2010

i want naley to have a second baby and a girl this time and for peyton to come back with their baby girl. i also want that they get a full 22 episodes and hopefully will be renewed until Season 10, just like the destiny of Smallville.

Sigrid : )

Posted at 10:37 AM on May 14, 2010

I love one tree hill !! and i hope there will be a season 8 Oh then Nathan and Haley have a baby:)) and Brooke and Julian is getting married:)

I LOVE ONE TREE HILL <3<3

OTH Fan

Posted at 9:45 AM on May 14, 2010

I love one tree hill and hope for an eighth season. I wanna see naley have a baby girl and lucas and peyton stop by for a surprise visit.

AYE

Posted at 9:34 AM on May 14, 2010

A surprise visit from Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) & Peyton (Hilarie Burton)

fan since he 7th grade

Posted at 5:06 AM on May 14, 2010

oh man im gonna b sAd when oNe tree hill ends specialy if iT has no real ending im rEaly hoping things lOok up for hailey and nathan soon i hope theres more kids in store for them as cute as jaime im also praYing to god that my 2 favorite Charactes peyton and lucas come bak for the last season an that brook gets that cute baby she wants and needs so bad and as for the nEw cast there good and cute and i hope they geT happy EndIngs tOo but its not a major issue as long as peyton and lucas come bak to join their friends for a GREAT ending to OTH….. please!!!!

fan since he 7th grade

Posted at 5:02 AM on May 14, 2010

oh man im gonna b sdwhen oe treehillends specialy if i has no realending im raly hoping things lok up for hailey and nathan soon i hope theres more kids in store for them as cute as jaime im also praing to god that my to favorite haractes peyton and lucas come bak for the last season an that brook getsthat cute baby she wants and needs so bad and as for the nw cast there good and cute and i hope they ge happy ndngs to but its not a major issue as long as peyton andlucas come bak to join therir friends for a rat ending o OTH…..

Brooke

Posted at 4:41 PM on May 13, 2010

I WILL MOST DEFINITELY BE CRUSHED IF OTH ENDED!!! and i would LOVE to see some naley moments and them get a baby girl…also i really want brooke to get a miracle and have a baby, like in the end of baby mama and in the sex and the city movie. PLEASE!!!!