Ouch. Sounds like someone is bitter at having to leave the American Idol building!
“It was not surprised and not expected,” Mike said of his elimination during a conference call May 13, while his newborn baby girl cried in the background. “America is a fickle creature and she’s shown that as the competition has gone on. You just never know. I think that I was consistent every week and always gave my heart when I sang.”
The 6’1, 300 lb. teddy bear who can bench press 505 lbs. continued, “The only thing with giving your heart is that it gets broken, but if it’s received well, it can be really magical and special. I think that the way that’s the way that the wind blows the votes — you just never know.”
But hey Mike, don’t be TOO unhappy — Chris Daughtry was #4 during his Idol experience, and look where he’s ended up! Judge Randy Jackson reminded the big guy of that fact during the show.
“He was pointing out that Chris Daughtry got number four, and said I’ve got a chance to be special if I keep going,” Mike said. “It’s not a bad place to be where I am.”
– Laura Schreffler
Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!
- What You DIDN’T See On TV This Week!
- Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
- EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
- EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
- Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
- Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
- Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva