Well Done, America! You Chose The Right Top 3 Idols!

Thu, May 13, 2010 11:40am EST by 10 Comments

So long, Big Mike! Sorry to see you go, but I’m glad Casey James is sticking around instead!

Hasta la vista, Big Mikey! I seriously thought Casey James was about to be given the boot on American Idol May 12, but thankfully America voted wisely, and the good-lookin’ Texan in still in the competition!

Elimination night was a little sleepy for me, dawg. The drama factor wasn’t there. No one seemed all that upset that the 26-year-old Floridian was leaving the Idol building, despite an emotional moment holding his baby girl – all captured on camera, natch.

Both Casey 27, and Crystal Bowersox, 24, were cool as cucumbers as they were saved. Maybe they were doing cartwheels inside, but I didn’t see it. But then, that’s what I like about both of them.

Lee DeWyze, of course, showed enough emotion for everyone involved. Homeboy is the new Ryan Seacrest! He soothed Big Mike, gave Crystal hugs, fist-pumped Casey AND still managed to make a young blond fan named Angela feel special when he singled her out of the audience and gave her a ‘Chicks dig Lee’ poster.

I’m still on the fence about Lee’s sex appeal, but I AM absolutely certain of one thing: that Crystal/Lee showdown you’ve all been predicting? It’s in the bag.

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!

1. What You DIDN’T See On TV This Week!
  2. Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
  3. EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
  4. EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
  5. Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
  6. Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
  7. Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

gbtw

Posted at 2:15 PM on May 13, 2010

i wanted casey to stick around b/c i like everything about him, but i actually did feel a bit sad for mike- and contrary to the judges, i thought his performance of michael jackson’s piece was the most genuine he had been in weeks. (and believe me, i haven’t said a sentence about mike that hasn’t included lounge in weeks.) his performance of that song almost made me not want to see him go… until i read his comments (on the piece that you have that won’t allow us to comment for some reason?). that he thinks america was “fickle” when they have consistently put him in the bottom for many weeks- did i miss something, or does this guy just refuse to see any need for improvement in himself? it’s america’s fault? well, i think he has a very nice voice, and a good persona (wish he’d tone down the arrogance and be able to take some criticism though), and is good looking— so, i think he’ll land on his feet and get a contract b/c there are huge openings in the market he would sell to (as ellen said, the luther vandross crowd). so, i wish him the best- BUT STOP BEING SO ARROGANT MIKE! LEARN TO TAKE CRITICISM AND NOT JUST THINK OTHERS ARE WRONG OR “FICKLE”! Confidence and arrogance are not the same thing.

Elisa

Posted at 2:06 PM on May 13, 2010

i AM SO GLAD CASEY IS IN THE TOP 3. He is in my opinion a better singer and musician the Lee. Casey and Crystal for the top 2 !!!!!!!

gbtw

Posted at 2:19 PM on May 13, 2010

i love casey, but i think his vocal range is limited- just sayin’. but, his guitar skills are, as randy said, better than any other contestant’s in idol history. i love his voice, it just definitely has limits. it has taken me a long time to warm up to lee, but what i am appreciating more and more is that the guy is improving like mad constantly. he listens to criticism, and really takes it to heart and tries to incorporate it into his next project. i really admire that. he didn’t crumble like siobhan, or get defensive like mike, he just absorbs it, and actually does something with it. so, i’m a fan of his now b/c i really do believe he’s only going to get better with time. i really believe in him. i’m not sure if casey can get any better, but i just love that sound of his voice, his personality, his guitar skills, and even his pretty face and hair.

Lindsay

Posted at 12:54 PM on May 13, 2010

Count me in on Team Blondes! I heart Crystal and Casey! Lee is very talented too I just don’t get his appeal.

Alana

Posted at 10:56 AM on May 13, 2010

I think Casey should have gone home. Mike should be top 3. The big winner should be Crystal, she’s the best.

gbtw

Posted at 2:22 PM on May 13, 2010

mike’s voice definitely has more range than casey’s, in my opinion, but i didn’t feel he connected with the audience (at least, not with this audience member), and he came across as very arrogant and disingenuine. also, just as a matter of taste, i prefer the sound of casey’s voice- but that’s just a style/taste thing. i agree that mike’s voice is technically better.

nicedone

Posted at 10:52 AM on May 13, 2010

yeah ,i love them 3,they all great !It has been 1 years alrealdy since i retired from the military. I’m 30 ,rich but
still single.It’s hard to get a girlfriend in my town ,most of them like my money
more than like me.Ijust want to find my true love.so i uploaded my hot photos on
agelover ~.~ c om under the name of sammy561.It’s the best club for seek ing
Army, lawyers ,stars and their admirers.if you girls see
this comment,i hope you will check my photos out there.maybe you are the one who
i’m looking for!!!

Alana

Posted at 11:07 AM on May 13, 2010

can i ask how r u retired out of the military at the age of 30????? i got fam that was in the military and retiring age is a lot older then 30

Andy Swift

Posted at 10:38 AM on May 13, 2010

Regardless of how terrible most of this season was, seeing Crystal, Casey and Lee as the top 3 Idols makes up for it. At least whoever wins will be good… even if Tim, Siobhan and all the others will probably still get albums.

gbtw

Posted at 2:25 PM on May 13, 2010

i don’t think siobhan will stay in the biz. she’s not tough skinned enough. i think she’ll fade into cape cod obscurity. which i don’t mean as a negative judgment, she just doesn’t seem to have the temperment for that tough world.