Kara wants someone funny and charming to take Simon’s spot next season — and she has her eye on one guy in particular!
Kara DioGuardi wasn’t sure who should fill Simon Cowell‘s huge shoes on American Idol next season — but after seeing him kick butt as a mentor on Frank Sinatra week, she now thinks Harry Connick Jr. is the perfect fit!
“It has to be somebody who is very well-versed in music,” Kara, 39, told the Boston Herald May 10. “And he has to be charming and funny – I don’t know if he has to be critical. And it would help if he were an artist so the contestants could relate. Somebody like a Harry Connick Jr. would be great.”
That’s the second vote for Harry we’ve heard lately! Recently departed contestant Aaron Kelly thought the crooner would be a perfect replacement for the caustic British judge!
And although she and Simon, 50, get on like a house on fire, when it comes to saying goodbye, don’t expect Kara to get all emotional.
“I don’t know if I’ll cry,” she said of Simon’s farewell. “But I’ll be sad to see him go.”
Get more on the hottest reality show in America!:
- EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
- EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
- Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
- Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
- Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva
Should Betty White host the Oscars? (The Frisky)
Did you catch DWTS last night? (AOL TV)