Simon Cowell’s American Idol replacement needs to be found fast! But Howie says he’s no match for cranky Cowell — he’s much more like kooky former judge Paula!
Simon Cowell’s American Idol seat is one of the most coveted jobs in Hollywood these days, but Howie Dorough, for one, doesn’t want the job: he could never be as tough as the British judge and considers himself to be more of a Paula Abdul-type!
“Simon’s shoes are pretty hard to fill, but I respect his honesty,” the 36-year-old Backstreet Boys singer told HollywoodLife.com exclusively at the Lupus LA Orange Ball May 6. “I respect the way he is very witty and wordy, but I don’t think I’m there. I don’t think I’d bring much comedy or excitement to the show. But as for Paula’s shoes…maybe so!” he laughed.
Sorry, Howie — that position has already been filled by Ellen DeGeneres! Play again.
As it turns out, the singer almost signed on to appear on a different reality show — ABC’s Dancing With the Stars.
“I actually got asked to do last season but unfortunately didn’t have the time,” he told us. “We were on tour and everything, but I think it’s a great show and I’m a big fan. My wife watches it all the time religiously, so I’ve really grown to like it.”
Ironically, it seems that a Backstreet Boy-backup was chosen for the show’s ninth season — band member Nick Carter’s baby bro, Aaron, was a contestant!
– Russ Weakland & Laura Schreffler
Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!
- What You DIDN’T See On TV This Week!
- Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
- EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
- EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
- Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
- Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
- Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva
Check out these famous movie locations! (Moviefone)