Sandra Bullock Joy! Actress Reveals She Adopted Baby Louis! AND Filed For Divorce From Jesse James!

Wed, April 28, 2010 9:50am EDT by 37 Comments

042810_PeopleCover051010

Congrats to Sandra Bullock! Finally some happy news! She secretly adopted a new baby boy in January … AND she’s FINALLY divorcing her cheating hubby!

Sandra Bullock, 45 reveals her “joyful secret” to People magazine today and it’s quite a shock! In January, Sandra adopted a baby boy named Louis, named after Louis Armstrong.

Sandra adopted Louis Bardo Bullock, a now 3½-month-old boy who was born in New Orleans, with her husband Jesse James, 41, in January. People magazine reveals they “began the adoption process four years ago and brought Louis home in January, but decided to keep the news to themselves until after the Oscars. Their close friends and family – including James’s children Sunny, 6, Jesse Jr., 12, and Chandler, 15 – were essential in keeping the adoption a secret.”

But plans changed when news broke that Jesse was cheating on her — Sandra is now moving forward with the adoption as a single mother — AND she is filing for divorce from Jesse!

“I really don’t now how our paths will intersect in the future,” Sandra told People of Jesse. “But the father I have known Jesse to be is one that I hope Louis can experience on e day, no matter how Jesse and I go on with our lives.”

Jesse confessed, “I know in my heart that I can be the best father possible to my four children and the mate Sandy deserves, and realize that this is an incredible mountain to climb. But I believe the steps I have taken in the last 30 days are the foundation to making this happen.”

CHECK OUT ALL OF THE DETAILS ON SANDRA’S ADOPTION AND HER NEW BABY LOUIS!

Jesse’s daughter Sunny gave Sandra the idea to adopt: “One day Sunny proclaimed to me that we shouldn’t have another baby, that we should adopt … because there are so many little babies that have no home, and we can share our things with them.”

Why she chose to adopt a baby from New Orleans: “New Orleans for both of us was a place that we loved, a place that had a lot of history for the both of us and a place I couldn’t let go of.”

What it was like to meet baby Louis for the first time: “It was like the whole outside world just got quiet. He was so small, so still … All I said when I met him was, ‘Oh, there you are.’ It was like he had always been a part of our lives.”

How Sandra picked his name: “It was one of the first names that came to mind. Louis Armstrong’s song ‘What A Wonderful World’ kept playing in my head when I looked at him, so Louis just seemed to stick.”

On how difficult it was to keep the adoption a secret: “I was being followed every day during awards season, so anything we did with Louis had to be pre-planned … like a CIA mission.”

She had no idea about Jesse’s infidelity: “I had no idea about anything until that day when I got the call. All I remember is thinking ‘I need to get Louis out of here before the vultures descend.'”

Sandra talks about filing for divorce: “I have filed for divorce. I don’t know what else to say. I’m sad and I am scared.”

Sandra wants to remain in Jesse’s children’s lives: “Jesse and I both know these kids are all that matter. In the healthiest way, we are going to be co-parenting. I know my role is not one that exists on paper, but Louis is their brother.”

The most surprising thing about being a new mommy: “I really only need three hours of sleep. I have learned that a little person screaming at the top of his lungs can mean six things: ‘I am hungry, I am wet, I am tired, I am uncomfortable, I am in pain, or I have gas.’ And I will figure out which one it is and fix it.”

What she has learned about herself: “To say I am changed is an understatement. But that might not be a bad thing. I have learned a lot about what I am and what I am not. But the most important thing to me was to protect and know my truth.”

Julie Donovan

Posted at 7:37 PM on May 1, 2010

She circumcised the poor baby! That is sooo wrong, its not her choice, it should have been the baby’s choice. Bet she would never pierce a baby girls ears until the girl could choose for herself… Very dissapointing that she isnt more informed in this day and age…

Adam

Posted at 12:05 PM on May 24, 2010

I agree Julie. She told People Magazine the baby was “perfect”…. If that was the case why did she feel the need to let someone cut off part of his genitals in a ceremony while people gather to watch it all??? Perverted!

Abosolutely

Posted at 2:09 PM on April 29, 2010

Think about this. Everyone is going crazy if a celebrity or singer gets pregnant . People run out and buy every magazine to get a picture of them. Who cares really, B and JayZ so what if they do have a child, Maraiah and Nick so what. All it means is they have sex just like the rest of us. Why is it such a shock. I’ll be shock if Oprah gets pregnant or adopts anything that does not have 4 legs. She is one black woman who is selfish when it comes to love for children. I do not care how many schools she opens and how many cars she gives away. It is all tax deductable. It’s called (Charity). She wants to impress me, give a child a home.

Abosolutely

Posted at 1:57 PM on April 29, 2010

I agree with every comment that was positive. I believe she is in her 40’s, why should she chance having a baby with disabilities. Some children are given to us that way because that is the Lord’s choice. Some children are born that way because of ignorance (Like some of the comments). She took a chance with a husband and wanted children with him. And he wanted a cartoon character. Her dreams are filled ( Money, Baby, Home, Career) and no headache from a loser, Be happy Sandra good luck to you and your baby boy.

Catalina

Posted at 10:06 AM on April 29, 2010

What I saw was a new mother and an absolutely beautiful baby! Nothing more. I wish them every happiness as I do all new mothers…regardless of skin color!

Amanda

Posted at 9:14 AM on April 29, 2010

The reason the majority of violent crimes are committed by African Americans is because as a race they are oppressed into poverty by people like you. Not everyone has the luxury of being brought up in a middle-class household and has access to quality education. They make due with what they have.

And you cant seriously believe that she kept her new child a secret just WAITING for her husband to cheat on her so she’d become front page news… or are you implying that this whole divorce is a sham?

In another interview Sandra stated that she made no requests on her adoption application for a specific race or gender… she just happened to be given a black child. There are NOT a lot of Caucasian infants up for adoption, because most white people who adopt request white babies. Sandra was willing to open her heart and home to whatever baby needed her most, and that is beautiful.

Lori

Posted at 6:38 AM on April 29, 2010

Where are the black people looking for babies to adopt? Time and again, white people adopt more than any other race, so if you don’t want a white person with a black baby, then get the black people to step it up with adopting!

lisa

Posted at 6:23 PM on May 11, 2010

Lori! You are a complete idiot! You are lucky no one knows who you are, because people like you, get hurt!

Roadwork

Posted at 1:49 AM on April 29, 2010

what does it matter to you, do something good with yourself already

Amanda

Posted at 1:48 AM on April 29, 2010

Wow…are we really playing the race card?? This baby has an amazing opportunity to succeed in life with loving parent(s)…PERIOD.

Roadwork

Posted at 1:45 AM on April 29, 2010

thats what happens when you begin a culture with oppression, ever heard of unintended consequences or ramifications, seriously grow up and educate yourself.

shahnaz

Posted at 5:23 PM on April 28, 2010

he is soo adorable.

linda temitope

Posted at 5:14 PM on April 28, 2010

am really happy for her,you are a great actress,and i know you are going to be a great mom too.we love you sandy

Heather

Posted at 4:55 PM on April 28, 2010

I agree, we can share our things and adopt. There are so many kid’s who need homes and families. She is 45 the risks of having an unhealthy child at the age of 45 is very high. I think she did the biggest thing in the world, she chose to love a child. They both look beautiful and happy together.

B

Posted at 4:23 PM on April 28, 2010

god damn why can’t they all have they’r own babys..

mimi

Posted at 10:55 AM on April 29, 2010

…B….what question is that?????THINK!

Barbara Bova

Posted at 3:33 PM on April 28, 2010

I am so glad you and yours are happy. Am so glad that a happy ending will bring your children together

Iza

Posted at 1:39 PM on April 29, 2010

OMG! I’m brazilian and I don’t speak english very well, but I’m glad to see that I UNDERSTAND quite enough what I read. Also, I didn’t missed any geography class cuz everybody knows New Orleans, Lousianna is in United States of America! Now, if your problem actually is PREJUDICE, get a life and stop judging nice people as Sandra!

K

Posted at 2:15 PM on April 28, 2010

I don’t get this latest trend in Hollywood “let’s adopt a child from Africa” They’ve become more of an accessory than anything else and that’s just wrong.

It’s sickening if anything.

Corynne

Posted at 3:03 PM on April 28, 2010

She adopted him from New Orleans …. America? But I don’t agree with your comment at all. I think it’s wonderful for anyone who is able to adopt a child in need to do it, no matter where the baby is born.

Merersu

Posted at 3:47 PM on April 28, 2010

The child is American! From New Orleans! Did you even read the article? And why don’t you say what you really mean, why do celebrities keep adopting BLACK children? That is what you meant, isn’t it?

Hannah

Posted at 4:06 PM on April 28, 2010

In case you didn’t read the article or can’t understand plain english it said that she adopted the baby from NEW ORLEANS…so sorry to burst you little bubble but that is in LOUISIANA which is in AMERICA.

Tam

Posted at 4:23 PM on April 28, 2010

Ummm, Louis is from New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.

nyango

Posted at 4:40 PM on April 28, 2010

K,
I think what’s sickening is your frame of mind. What’s wrong adopting a baby from Africa? For years Americans have adopted children from Eastern Europe and China(and continue to do so)without anyone raising an eyebrow, because these kids are white or closer to white (Asian kids). When stars like Angelina and Madonna dared to go against the convention suddenly there ‘s an outcry why American kids are not being adopted. When Katherine Heigle adopted her Korean daughter she didn’t received the same negative feedback as Angelina, or even worse Madonna. Sandra knows, like the character she played in the blindside, that what a child needs is a loving parent regardless of race. So if your racist mind can’t stand it, you can do yourself a favor and put a bullet in your head.

P.S. New Orleans is a town in America, not Africa

Lucky Louis

Posted at 11:50 PM on April 28, 2010

I love that she heard “It’s a Wonderful World” when she saw him and named him after Louis Armstrong. What’s more astounding than Sandy’s ability to keep this secret is the ignorant and heartless comments of anyone who would in any way criticize a human being for their willingness to want to love another – no matter the race. Children who are loved in a healthy manner (meaning taught to be loving toward others and be good human beings or you get Paris) thrive no matter the color of their parents. So what would these critics have people do – leave these babies to starve to death in Africa or starved of love and support in the American foster system? Yes, ideally people who are drug addicts or shown to be unfit parents should be sterilize. There’s actually a program to pay drug addicts to get sterilization, but as long as there are unwanted babies out there, shouldn’t they deserve to be adopted by people who do want them? They shouldn’t have to pay for their unlucky circumstaces of birth. Remember that for everything – we should all remember, “There go I for the grace of God.” Luck of the draw was how we all ended up in the family we are in – Louis to get such a loving parent in Sandy just won the jackpot and that’s all that matters.

geog

Posted at 10:28 AM on May 2, 2010

somebody been sleeping and failing the geography class. Idiot.

Ralph Lytle

Posted at 2:01 PM on April 28, 2010

What it was like to meet baby Louis for the first time: “It was like the whole outside world just got quiet_ He was so small, so still … All I said when I met him was, “Oh, there you are” it was like he had always be__ a part of our lives.”

Needs Corrected!

alina S

Posted at 1:24 PM on April 28, 2010

It’s funny how i can’t criticize people in these type of articles for this spelling anymore. As a communication major i understand now why the misspelling. It’s like every journalist, websites like this are trying to be the first to post this type of news. So the misspelling is really not a big deal. Who ever gets it first then that magazine or website practically wins.

disco

Posted at 11:19 AM on April 28, 2010

so freakin cute!

nyango

Posted at 4:47 PM on April 28, 2010

At least he has a mom and a home to call his own. It’s better to have one parent and a chance at a great future,than none at all had he remained in the orphanage.

Roadwork

Posted at 1:48 AM on April 29, 2010

and what do you look like a skinned snake

amy

Posted at 10:58 AM on April 28, 2010

AWWWWWWWWWW that is so cute. You both look so cute……….

Tia

Posted at 10:50 AM on April 28, 2010

Congrats Sandra! Your baby is beautiful.
Note to the editor: lungs, not longs.

manoli

Posted at 10:06 AM on April 28, 2010

Pls check spelling…… It is intolerable to read and find spelling mistakes…

ghostwriter

Posted at 9:34 AM on April 28, 2010

Who the hell cares what color the child is? What a strange question.

Kim

Posted at 9:01 AM on April 28, 2010

I think it’s so unfortunate that they are divorcing. I don’t think some grasp the depth of pain that one experiences when the marriage has been broken by infidelity. He made a selfish choice and dishonored his wife and for what? I’m sure he’s hurting now because of his loss. People should think about the consequences of these types of actions before committing them. There had been rumors that he cheated with other women as well. Whether or not it’s true may still be in question. She chose to divorce him and it is a choice he forced her to make. I applaud her for her strength and courage. I believe her strength will propel her in the direction of the man who will be faithful to her and good to both her and their son.

sylvia

Posted at 9:07 AM on April 28, 2010

WELL SAID KIM, WELL SAID…