Casey James, You Are Totally In Trouble This Week! How In The Heck Are You Going To Pull Off Shania Twain?

Tue, April 27, 2010 6:00pm EST by 20 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

It’s going to be a real challenge for American Idol’s sexy rocker to pull off Shania Twain’s brand of country pop — but I’m still pulling for him!

It is going to take a miracle for Casey James to pull off singing a Shania Twain song tonight on American Idol.

Don’t get me wrong, the 27-year-old Fort Worth, Texas native is great at singing the blues and rocking out onstage. But Shania’s music — while entertaining — is a hard sell for a real man. Her tunes are all about love, emotion and longing…and when I think of Casey all I think is: ‘sex’ (and you can’t confuse THAT with love)!

That said, I think Shania will be a brilliant mentor, and I HOPE Casey excels, as he’s one of the only watchable contestants left in the competition.

And hey, at least he’s got the style down! Who else but Casey could look as good as Shania, 44, in tight jeans and cowboy boots ?

But what should Casey — as well as the other Idol hopefuls —sing to survive?

Check out my picks here!

Casey James — You’ve Got A Way

Crystal Bowersox — Home Ain’t Where His Heart His (Anymore)

Aaron Kelly — Man! I Feel Like A Woman

Siobhan Magnus — If You’re Not In It For Love (I’m Outta Here)

Lee DeWyze — That Don’t Impress Me Much

Michael Lynche — From This Moment

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!

1. What You DIDN’T See On TV This Week!
  2. Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
  3. EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
  4. EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
  5. Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
  6. Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
  7. Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

kenowill

Posted at 6:35 PM on May 4, 2010

You are only a week late.I guarantee Casey is not in trouble.Tho he should have been.

Karen

Posted at 9:18 PM on May 1, 2010

@Scarla

You stupid bitch! Mike is the best!

ARNOLD55EASY

Posted at 7:41 PM on May 1, 2010

CASEY will pull ahead of MIKE and Aaron.CASEY does need a great showing a couple of weeks in a row. The teeny bops will keep Aaron around. It’s CASEY/LEE/CRYSTAL

SAVANNAH

Posted at 4:18 PM on May 1, 2010

Get on the “CASEY TRAIN”….Casey is the TOTAL PACKAGE….he is HOT, handsome and humble!!! We have to keep Casey on the show….he is the only HOT thing we have to look at….Paula would have loved him. I would love to see him do something like “Sweet Home Alabama” and show off his raw, husky voice with his great guitar playing…..I think he could really get into that and get the audience into that and put on a Bo Bice/Chris Daughtry performance….thats what Casey needs is a show stopping performance like Bo Bice or Chris Daughtry did…..why dont they bring one of the rockers back as a mentor and see what Casey can do??? It would be awesome!! I am worried about next week because Casey deserves to be in the finals with Crystal, but Im not real sure how he is going to pull off Sinatra??? Its 50/50, but if they vote him off I will quit watching because there is no other SEXY GUY to look at. Casey could be a CHIPPENDALE or a top Male Model!! He just breathes SEXINESS with a calm, cool demeaner and he is so HUMBLE and not stuck on himself….he is a REAL MAN!!! Also, why they keep they “dweep” Aaron on there above Casey, I have no idea unless all those little teeny boppers that like Justin Beiber are voting for him….they need to grow up and vote for a REAL MAN!! GET ON THE CASEY TRAIN!! Casey will be the one on the radio and on the awards shows!!! Just watch!! Glad Siobhan went, she was too weird, now Aaron needs to go!! GO CASEY GO!!

Grace

Posted at 7:07 AM on April 30, 2010

Well the only way Casey is going to be able to pull off Shania Twain is to put on a dress. I mean it’s bad enough he’s trying to be a BeeGees clone. He’s not bad looking and a decent singer, but Laura when you look at Casey all you think about is sex? You must have lower standards than people of my generation….

Donna B

Posted at 9:27 PM on April 29, 2010

Will someone PLEASE tell me how Aaron Kelly is coming in above Casey James??? You have got to be kidding me!!!!!?
He’s a kid with an ok voice but he has zero personality and NO star quality at all!!! Mike is just ok for me, Lee has a very good voice but to me he lacks the star quality. Casey has the voice and the looks–he is the total package guy wise…..Crystal is the total package girlwise. Both Casey and Crystal are total raw talents with great star power–so in my opinion it should boil down to the two of them….How Aron Kelly is coming in above Casey is just beyond me!!!

Karen

Posted at 9:20 PM on May 1, 2010

“lacks personality”? WTF? Just because Aaron doesn’t bounce around the stage doesn’t mean he shows no personality. You’re just too blind to see it.

NyCArole

Posted at 4:53 PM on April 29, 2010

Ahh.. Casey James… if he would look into the camera, (as David Cook did) and just let loose and “perform” he’s the next American Idol.. hands down! He is the only one left standing that I would buy a ticket for his concert.. or raise the volume on my radio for! Casey has what it takes to represent America as the talented singer/musician he is! Being handsome, humble and hot doen’t hurt either!! Hated to see him in the bottom three… the whole place belongs to Mike Lynch! Glad Sioban got the boot (weird is not a good American image), Aaron has to grow into his voice, Lee is overrated… it should be Casey and Crystal in the finale… let America decide~ as it should be! Seems like it was PAULA with the ears and eyes! Proof seaon9 without her!

Donna B

Posted at 9:36 PM on April 29, 2010

I agree with you— CASEY is totally hot, humble and amazingly talented. Its between him and Crystal—they BOTH deserve to win in my opinion… You have to look at the overall star quality potential there—and to me Casey is the ONLY GUY that has it!!!!

vickie

Posted at 2:22 PM on April 28, 2010

I don’t know what the judges see in Lee other than he would be the best on the radio????Does everyone feel this or what?

vickie

Posted at 2:19 PM on April 28, 2010

…yes…you got this wrong…he was terrific singing twain! This guy is going to be a star…and how about that little aaron…he has a great voice!

MAGOOS

Posted at 9:48 AM on April 28, 2010

Well, you got that one wrong. I watched Shania Twain work with these contestants and unlike the other so called celebrity mentors, she brought out the very best in them. Casey gave one of the best performances of the night and the best in his run; Siobhan wowed as usual. Lynche made a good job but did not do it for me and Crystal failed miserably – bad song for her hard edged voice. The other two males did well and overall, credit must go to the very talented Shania who we need to see more of.

Louis

Posted at 4:15 AM on April 28, 2010

I hate that they limit the song selections to what the mentors have recorded. I’m not a Shania Twain fan, so it was so tedious having to listen to the contestants taking on songs that I don’t even like by the original artist herself.

Casy james doesn’t have to sing a note. I just enjoy staring at him and drooling.

linda

Posted at 6:45 PM on April 27, 2010

Yuck! Did someone say Shania Twain? I guess we know why she was a guest judge during the auditions. My guess is that Big Mike will have the hardest time because he is basically a R&B singer not a damn country singer. And as for Lee, it doesn’t matter what he sings anymore, the judges want him in that final so they’ll give him his usual, “YO DOG THAT WAS HOT! Guess who?
I think I may be falling alseep before Ryan says, This….is….. American Idol.

Robyn

Posted at 3:53 PM on April 27, 2010

Boy, do I feel sorry for the guys this week! Shania Twain is great and all, but her songs are SO “female.” Her prettiest ballads are duets so those would be kinda hard to pull off. I love Casey and I’m going to vote for him no matter what song he gets stuck singing. I really want to see him back at least a few more weeks. I hope all his other fans do the same. VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! Go Team Casey!

Donna Baldino

Posted at 9:18 PM on April 29, 2010

I agree Robyn—Casey is my favorite singer as well !! I seriously don’t see why Aaron is in the top 3. He’s a kid with an ok voice but he has zero personality or star appeal. Katie Stevens also a kid had a better voice then Aaron and had a star quality. Lee is good, Mike is just ok for me…. but Casey is better then both of them and besides he has the whole package going on—the looks and the voice!!!! The way it SHOULD end up is between Casey and Crystal. How Aaron is coming in above Casey is beyond me—–

scarla

Posted at 3:46 PM on April 27, 2010

My only wish is that Big Mike would do “Man I Feel Like A Woman” and that he’d ‘cry like a baby’ when then send him packing tomorrow :)
I think it’s gonna be a real snooze fest tonight….Karaoke karaoke karaoke!

Karen

Posted at 9:21 PM on May 1, 2010

Well, they aint gonna send Mike home because he’s awesome.

Andy Swift

Posted at 2:57 PM on April 27, 2010

LOL @ Aaron Kelly doing “Man I Feel Like a Woman”

…I hope someone does “Getcha Good”

Kim

Posted at 2:42 PM on April 27, 2010

He’s going to put us all in a Swoon just wait!