It’s going to be a real challenge for American Idol’s sexy rocker to pull off Shania Twain’s brand of country pop — but I’m still pulling for him!
It is going to take a miracle for Casey James to pull off singing a Shania Twain song tonight on American Idol.
Don’t get me wrong, the 27-year-old Fort Worth, Texas native is great at singing the blues and rocking out onstage. But Shania’s music — while entertaining — is a hard sell for a real man. Her tunes are all about love, emotion and longing…and when I think of Casey all I think is: ‘sex’ (and you can’t confuse THAT with love)!
That said, I think Shania will be a brilliant mentor, and I HOPE Casey excels, as he’s one of the only watchable contestants left in the competition.
And hey, at least he’s got the style down! Who else but Casey could look as good as Shania, 44, in tight jeans and cowboy boots ?
But what should Casey — as well as the other Idol hopefuls —sing to survive?
Check out my picks here!
Casey James — You’ve Got A Way
Crystal Bowersox — Home Ain’t Where His Heart His (Anymore)
Aaron Kelly — Man! I Feel Like A Woman
Siobhan Magnus — If You’re Not In It For Love (I’m Outta Here)
Lee DeWyze — That Don’t Impress Me Much
Michael Lynche — From This Moment
Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!
- What You DIDN’T See On TV This Week!
- Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
- EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
- EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
- Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
- Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
- Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva
Do movie stars still make millions? (Moviefone)