BEHIND THE SCENES! Fergie Gets Emotional Watching Sick Children At 'Idol Gives Back!'

Thu, April 22, 2010 12:24pm EDT by 7 Comments
Loading video...

I was IN PERSON at the Idol Gives Back concert last night — here is what you DIDN’T see on TV!

Words cannot describe how touching it was to see some of the most successful musicians of our day — Carrie Underwood, The Black Eyed Peas and ELTON JOHN! — perform live at the Idol Gives Back concert April 21 to raise money to save children’s lives across the world…but I’m going to try!

I was in the second row, smack dab in the center of the balcony in the Pasadena Civic Auditorium and want to tell you about everything you DIDN’T see while you were watching the show at home.  Before her performance, Fergie hugged it out with Queen Latifah. Normally she’s wild and crazy, but she was more subdued and seemed touched by the Idol Gives Back movement. Check out my video to hear about the audience’s crazy reaction to Queen Latifah, why we got in trouble by the American Idol producers — and what made a middle-age man next to me cry!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!

1. What You DIDN’T See On TV This Week!
  2. Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
  3. EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
  4. EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
  5. Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
  6. Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
  7. Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva

NANLU

Posted at 11:56 AM on April 23, 2010

what a nite i have been to shows and felt the same way when i see an artist and know why they made it….. they do have that special something just as simon says he is looking for……. that it factor……what a good cause as idol gives back

vanessa courville

Posted at 10:13 AM on April 23, 2010

Well Kirstin you are right, that was an amazing show. I love getting all the info on the things that we are unable to see from home. Fergies emotional response was nice to read about, it really shows that it touches everybody. I am sad to say that I didn’t enjoy the format of the show as much as I have had the past few years. There were segments that were really good but others that were hard to watch. Its Idol though and I always enjoy it. Idol gives back, such a wonderful cause!

scarla

Posted at 5:53 PM on April 22, 2010

Wow Kirstin….sounds like a really memorable experience!
ELTON is always amazing….saw him live for the first time in April 1971….I was a ‘tweener’. YOUR SONG made me cry then and it still did last night.

xoxocardinal

Posted at 3:27 PM on April 22, 2010

What an amazing lineup. Truly inspiring to see those high-powered celebs doing something for a great cause. It was also Tim’s time to go – such a cutie though!

DPK

Posted at 2:00 PM on April 22, 2010

Fantastic to see Annie , Elton, Mary J, and Queen Latifah on one show!!!

Maddie

Posted at 1:55 PM on April 22, 2010

I agree on all counts!! The show was so moving and emotional. I had it taped and at some points I wanted to fast forward but I couldn’t! I found myself in my living room in tears.It is so great that Idol has this event every year. The number of viewers that they have every week it would be a shame not to take advantage of this platform to reach out for something good. The entertainment was amazing and so great to see their humanity.
Also great to see smiling Tim go home!!

josie

Posted at 1:38 PM on April 22, 2010

You’re so lucky to there live! I loved the show! Thanks for the blow by blow.