NJ Housewife Teresa Fires Back on Premiere-Night Shockers! My 9-Year-Old Is Not Anti-Semitic And My Hubby's Not a Drunk!

Tue, April 20, 2010 4:27pm EST by 12 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

Don’t mess with NJ Housewife Teresa Giudice’s family! She’s setting the record straight right here at HollywoodLife.com on a couple of the most insane moments from the season premiere of The Real Housewives of New Jersey — her daughter’s apparent anti-Semitism and her husband’s alleged DUI arrest!

On the May 3 premiere of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Teresa’s daughter Gia, 9, says she’d never marry a Jewish guy and makes a gesture mocking Hasidic Jews’ long, curly hair when referring to Jewish people. But Teresa shoots back in a conference call with her co-star Dina Manzo today, Apr. 20, : “I can’t control what my daughter says. Kids say dumb things … what, am I going to be crucified for it?”

By the way, Teresa: We definitely think Gia, who was eight, at the time was old enough to know not to say something like that AND she must have learned this behavior somewhere … we’re not saying Teresa taught her these things but seriously, Teresa. What’s that about apples falling near the tree?

Also, Teresa addressed her husband’s alleged DUI arrest Jan. 14 when he crashed into a pole in his hometown of Montville Township, N.J., after having dinner in NYC with his wife and friends. He was charged with driving while intoxicated, reckless driving, careless driving, and failure to maintain his traffic lane.

“He was two seconds from home and he closed his eyes for two seconds and yawned when he was turning the bend,” she says. “It’s pretty sad you can’t have one drink … everybody does it. I know he was not drunk at all.”

Is she embarrassed about the car crash? “Thank God no one got hurt … Joe addresses it on the show. But he’s not ashamed of it and I’m not ashamed of it.”

Teresa also has three other daughters Gabriella, 6, Milania, 4, and Audriana, 7 months.

-Chloe Melas

JENSPAL

Posted at 12:12 AM on May 18, 2010

For those believing Gia is making “horn gestures” when talking about why she doesn’t want to marry a “jewish person”….Go back and watch it again and this time turn your volume UP because her daughter, Gia, said that “they make their kids wear their hair like this” while making the curly hair gesture with her left finger! For Gods sake, she’s 8 years old! Get a grip and adjust the volume on your hearing aid before watching tv next time! Kids say exactly what they think and I remember when I was a kid, seeing young jewish boys with very short hair and long curls on either side of their head, not understanding why (since I’m not Jewish) and thinking “dang, who cut that kids’ hair?!”

Mary Eva

Posted at 9:52 PM on May 4, 2010

Gia’s not mocking anyone, she’s imitating an adult she saw saying something (probably mocking) an Hasidic Jew curl. But Gia doesn’t know what she was talking about: She’s 8.
What I always wonder, though, is where this family gets money. It doesn’t add up for me.

Lori Aronoff

Posted at 7:47 PM on May 4, 2010

sorry, Teresa’s kid wouldn’t know a Hasidic Jew from a fire hydrant. She stuck her finger at the side of her head as to show horns. I watched it 3 or 4 times because I could not believe my eyes, and the grandparents laughter was certainly loud and clear that they were amused by their grandchild’s disgusting behavior. I will not watch this show again and Teresa needs to apologize to her Jewish audience especially if she wants to sell her book.

obgyn

Posted at 8:59 AM on April 21, 2010

Her daughter was not born anti-semitic and racist, she learned it from her parents, both of them. Who can’t see they are both racist. What they say behind closed doors is what the child is repeating. N.J. Housewives are a bunch of loud mouth racist women who do not know the meaning of Lady.

Suzee

Posted at 7:40 AM on April 21, 2010

This woman is an idiot! As a parent, it’s her job to guide her children. Unfortunately, this woman is bringing up these children to be materialistic little brats. She should correct her child, for making such a remark. It’s not the norm for a child that age to speak like that. Therefore, she’s spends most of her time with Mommy – most likely, she heard it from her parents.

js

Posted at 1:09 AM on April 21, 2010

Anyone defending this moron is also a moron. She is clearly not fully evolved, look at her hairline. Guaranteed no one in this family has an IQ over 100. Pathetic, every last one of them.

loyseattle

Posted at 12:06 AM on April 21, 2010

Oops, sorry. That was supposed to be stupid. I’m tired. Sorry for all the typos

loyseattle

Posted at 12:03 AM on April 21, 2010

Ok Theresa, let’s face it, your little girl will always blurt out without thinking because this is what we have seen you do. In your families defense, All of you accusing this girl or any of this family of being anti-semitic just for saying she would never marry a Jewish person…is stipid! I am assuming you are Catholic Theresa. This makes perfect sense to me! I woulld never marry a Jewish man either and I love the Jewish people! I am a Christian and could never be with a man that would deny Jesus was Christ. I don’t condemn anyone else. This is just the way I feel for me. Gia may not have been thoughtful in her gesture or way she said it, but she’s very young! I’m sure mom went over it with her later. Give Theresa some fricking credit!

js

Posted at 7:19 PM on April 20, 2010

She’s really an idiot.

James

Posted at 6:33 PM on April 20, 2010

Really? “what, am I going to be crucified for it?” And she is trying to convince people she is not an anti-Semite. Please, anyone else see the irony?

Rae

Posted at 5:07 PM on April 20, 2010

i love teresa!

gbtw

Posted at 4:37 PM on April 20, 2010

preface all of what i say with the fact that i liked teresa on the show and think she would be a great friend who would really be loyal and have your back and be honest with you and all that. i also love that she has so much love for her family. that said, yah, it’s a little bit scarey and anybody should question where that little girl heard that from- to spin it in the most favorable light, she could’ve heard it from any number of people that do not reflect teresa’s ideals: construction workers, peripheral friends, parents of friends, racist family members that are ancient and you have given up on changing them, or any other number of people in gia’s life. i want to believe that her mother corrected her and took steps to dispell this notion… want to believe it, want to believe it (yes, i have my doubts!). am i the only one that has no problem picturing joe doing this exact same thing? sorry teresa… love you, but… that’s B A D.