You all saw last night’s double elimination and Adam Lambert’s laser show — but I was there for the Idol taping and can dish everything you missed!
April 14 was a HUGE night for American Idol – double elimination night – and I was there to catch all the action! So get ready, BFF’s — here’s what you definitely didn’t see on TV!
• Put all those Simon Cowell/Ellen DeGeneres enemy stories to rest: these two judges actually like each other! In fact, when Simon, 50, came on stage, he hugged Ellen, 52, and wrapped his arm around her until the show started!
• Simon literally BOOKS it every time there’s a commercial break. Why? As host Ryan Seacrest says, it’s so Simon can take a much-needed cigarette break. I counted six ciggies in the hour-long show alone!
• Ellen DeGeneres is really the most lovely human being on television. She took the time to console both Katie Stevens AND Andrew Garcia for a lengthy time after they got the boot last night. What a sweetheart. I’m obsessed.
• Casey James is a loner. Surprised? The super-tall (and super sexy) 27-year-old singer kept mostly to himself and looked broody. So hot – in a very Robert Pattinson kind of way.
• Lee DeWyze was so upset that BFF Andrew Garcia was kicked off the show that he literally didn’t speak – and sat there during commercial breaks looking emotional.
• Yes, Tim Urban DOES stop smiling – sometimes. But only when he’s really, really focusing.
• Adam Lambert and Crystal Bowersox seem like besties already. After his kick-butt performance of “What Do You Want From Me” (with lasers!) the two reunited like long lost lovers. But who wouldn’t like Mama Sox?
• Former Idol Elliot Yamin wore sunglasses. Throughout THE ENTIRE PERFORMANCE. Er – so rock star? Or not.
• The Idol stage is SMALL. You’d be surprised at how intimate the performances can be — not at all the huge set-up you see on TV!
• Siobhan Magnus REALLY thought she was getting kicked off last night! After being announced as ‘safe’, she ran over to the couches and put her head in her hands to collect herself.
• Adam Lambert , 28, was wearing bejeweled ear pieces. For real. But who’s really all that surprised?
Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!
- Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
- EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
- EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
- Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
- Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
- Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva