Terrible News! Preemie Baby Josie Duggar Is Rushed To The Hospital Less Than A Week After Coming Home!

Mon, April 12, 2010 4:13pm EDT by 8 Comments
Courtesy of Discovery.com

Courtesy of Discovery.com

After four months in hospital, Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar FINALLY got to take their daughter, Josie, home last week – but she may just be too sick to go home for good!

We spoke too soon! After Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar happily brought their micropreemie baby girl home April 6, the sick little girl was rushed back to Arkansas Children’s Hospital April 12 when her vital signs dropped!

“Dr. Arrington told us to never trust a preemie,” Jim Bob told People today, April 12, adding that the problem was probably caused by enhancements added to Josie’s breast milk (which were meant to help her grow), which then destabilized her vital signs.

Luckily, the Duggars’ 19th child (who was born Dec. 10) is – at last report – doing well. “She’s doing fine now,” the 44-year-old 19 Kids and Counting dad reported. “They will watch her for a few days to make sure she’s safe.” He added, “It seems like she will do great for a few days and then have challenges. It’s amazing how she’s filling out.”

We hope this is the last scare for baby Josie!

–Allison McNamara

Get more on one of the biggest and exciting families in America!

1. Congrats Duggars! You Finally Get To Take Your Baby Home!
  2. Are The Duggars Ready To Shell Out $250K For Their 19th Kid?
  3. Congratulations On Your 19th Baby, Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar!

Poetry

Posted at 12:00 PM on May 1, 2012

I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this kind of space . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i’m glad to convey that I have a very excellent uncanny feeling I came upon just what I needed. I such a lot indisputably will make certain to don?t overlook this website and give it a glance regularly.

Jebidibiah Digger

Posted at 1:46 PM on May 7, 2010

These people remind me of rats or cockroaches.

Cecilia

Posted at 3:48 AM on April 13, 2010

My prayers are with you guy’s I had a baby with the same problems! You are good people and great parents! You Kid’s are beautiful and very loved and well behaved. We should all take some parenting lessons from you guys! I sure don’t see your kid’s running the streets doing drugs having sex etc. You are wonderful people and I pray for that tiny miracle to have a long and healthy life! AND FOR ALL THE NEGATIVE PEOPLE PUTTING OUT NEGATIVE THINGS, ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS KARMA! YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT OUT REMEMBER THAT!

jensen

Posted at 6:49 PM on April 12, 2010

these people are insane and parasites

they are not doing their children a favor by reproducing like cockroaches.

taxpayers, wake up! you are paying for this

we should have laws that prohibit funding for any more than 2 children…after that, use birth control!!!

they disgust me and are no better than selfish thieves stealing from hard working people.

Cecilia

Posted at 3:41 AM on April 13, 2010

You are a moron! They don’t get no government help! They are a hard working family! They have there own medical insurance and jobs! They don’t get food-stamps or nothing like that! Do your research before posting a idiotic statement you fool! Let people live there own lives! Our tax dollars go for aliens and now Mr. Obama’s new health law so SHUT THE HELL UP!

Pam

Posted at 3:24 PM on April 14, 2010

U need to check your facts the Duggar family is not on any type of government assistance and they are debt free. Obviously you do not read much.

Mandy

Posted at 6:32 PM on April 12, 2010

You should not be congratulating such irresponsible people. I don’t care how nice they are as parents or if they have good intentions. Having 19 kids is irresponsible and dangerous. There is no way 2 parents can effectively care for all the physical and emotional needs of 19 kids. The older kids end up having to spend their childhood raising the younger ones. And clearly having 19 kids has taken its toll. That poor baby is so tiny and having health problems as a result. Maybe they should love the kids they have instead of always wanting more.

Cecilia

Posted at 3:44 AM on April 13, 2010

I have only had two kids and my second baby was a preemie do your research it is a like playing the lottery when having babies! Plus look at all their kid’s they are all well behaved smart Children. I never see them out making a fool of them selves like all the other stars out there! I think Jim Bob and Michelle are doing a wonderful Job! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUY’S!