Wow! Madonna Achieves The Near Impossible — A Public Kiss From Her Tween, Lourdes!

Wed, April 7, 2010 7:53pm EDT by 10 Comments
Splashnews.com

Splashnews.com

Hey Madonna, I’m a mom of four and I’m impressed by this public display of affection in Malawi from your 13-year-old daughter!

Anyone who has a tween girl living in their material world, knows that they are the MOST IMPOSSIBLE human beings.

They also DO NOT EVER think their moms are cool — even if their mom is a rock star. In other words — Lourdes probably eyeballs her mom, Madonna, and thinks — freak — just like any tween girl does!

So next time I happen to see Madonna, I’m high-fiving her for her superior daughter-raising skills!

—Bonnie Fuller

William Dwyer

Posted at 8:57 AM on April 9, 2010

Most tween girls do not have a mega-star mom, with a gazillion dollars. That being said, this “kiss” could have been anything. Maybe a PR set up. Maybe the kid is whispering in Madonna’s ear. Maybe she is saying hey mom, see those guys with the cameras? I’ll make a scene if you don’t get me the new iPad. All kidding aside. This article sounds like all mom’s just suck at raising their kids, and Madonna has performed some kind of miracle. Hey Bonnie! Remove your head from Madonna’s fanny!

Kayla

Posted at 4:09 PM on April 10, 2010

Lourdes hugs and kisses her mom OFTEN- there are plenty of pictures and accounts of it happening. You sound like a cynical, jaded prick.

Kayla

Posted at 11:07 PM on April 8, 2010

Lourdes kisses her mom often and Madonna kisses and hugs her children too. I really think she’s doing a great job with her children. I hope Madonna continues whatever she’s been doing and her children continue being good children.

Victoria

Posted at 10:12 PM on April 8, 2010

What I have seen over and over since Madonna became a mother is the time she spends with them. It is obvious that she spends a lot of time in the mom role, and she does it well. I give her all the credit she deserves. To have a seemingly well-adjusted tween who has been in the public eye all her life, is quiet the feat.
Material Girl it seems can do it all!

Victoria
facebook: thriving student

wren

Posted at 12:48 AM on April 8, 2010

I may like Madonna’s music, and still not be a fan of her public image…but I have to admit that when it comes to her parenting skills, she is tops. To have a child (especially a tween/teen) who is not in the spotlight for lewd pictures, boyfriends at an early age, or drinking or partying before their time is miraculous in Hollywood and entertainment (much less real life). So kudos to Madonna for shielding her daughter and putting rules in place. Lourdes seems to come across as a respectable, responsible young lady who is an individual, not trying to imitate or ride her mother’s coat tails into a life she is not ready for. Madonna may not be a role model for young girls, but she has somehow kept her pubic persona from spilling over into her personal persona as a mother.

Sy

Posted at 11:20 PM on April 7, 2010

dude,i am 21 and i’d love to give a hug and a kiss to my mom!doesn’t matter anywhere place!

sam

Posted at 10:36 PM on April 7, 2010

This is not as rare as reported here, in fact, it’s normal. That being said, yeah, kudos to Madonna!

Danielle

Posted at 8:50 PM on April 7, 2010

last time i checked at ThirTEEN you are considered a teen and not a “tween” but whatever.

average father...

Posted at 8:43 PM on April 7, 2010

Bonnie Fuller must not only has her priorities totally reversed, as is evident by all the unintelligible reporting she pukes out on this page, …but she obviously is also a lousy mother but not providing an environment for her children to feel safe to show her affection, …what a loser!!!

SC Mother

Posted at 10:12 PM on April 7, 2010

I have a two sons and a 13 year old daughter. My sons definitely show me affection without hesitation. My daughter on the other hand is moody, selfish, judgemental, opinionated and irritated by most everything I say or do. Affection toward me? Not possible. BUT, I see thru it all as a raging case of puberty in a girl who will eventually come out of it and level out…I often remind her of it.