Kate Tells Her Kids: 'I've Hurt You!' What Do You Think Of Her Controversial New Book?

Wed, April 7, 2010 2:01pm EDT by 5 Comments
INFphoto.com

INFphoto.com

Excerpts from Kate Gosselin’s new book have leaked — and some say the reality mom’s personal letters to her children are exploitative and humiliating!  Read the details and decide for yourself: Is Kate being cruel or kind?

Kate Gosselin‘s third book, I Just Want You to Know: Letters to My Kids on Love, Faith and Family, is filled with highly personal letters, written by  the reality mom to each of her eight children.

Individually, Kate details how she feels about each of her children, and how they’ve been hurt by her split from the kids’ father, Jon Gosselin. And Life & Style has the excerpts from the tell-all!

In the new tome, she apologizes to son Aaden, 5, for taking away his dad. “I do not posses the skills to father you,” she writes. “But I will do everything I can to show you the way.”

To Alexis, 5, she owns up to the fact that her torturous split from husband Jon has been “confusing and upsetting to you.”

It seems more to me like she’s using it as a guilt confessional. She beats up herself in her letter to Hannah, 5 — “much of what I said to Jon is unwarranted, I could have watched what I said better, I could have guarded my tongue better.”

To son Collin, 5, Kate promises, “I will never leave you. I know that all the recent events in our family structure have greatly upset you … when I leave for work I will always come back.”

It does seem personal … but also very loving and affection. I’m torn on this one! Is Kate just a loving mother … or an insensitive money grubber willing to humiliate her kids for cash? You tell me! Vote!

- Bonnie Fuller

anon

Posted at 12:25 PM on April 23, 2010

why doesn’t she write a book about how mean she was doing the Jon and Kate plus 8? Or maybe a book titled, It is all about Kate and what she can get? Come on, she doesn’t have the best interest of the children in mind, all she cares about is a career!! I hope she doesn’t think appearing on tv shows and book signings are a career.
She could continue to write books and then she could do it from home and spend more time with the kids, Oh, wait, she wasn’t always home with the kids when she did Jon and Kate plus 8.
She would never have Jon appear on a show, he would have to be paid and she would never allow that. She is the only person who is allowed to make money by exploiting her kids.
If she goes to the West Coast, the kids will be more confused than ever. They will have an absentee mom and no friends.
She stated her brother should be home with his children. Kate, don’t you get it? You are a mother and should be home with the kids. There faces are so sad, Jon please spend more time with them. At least they have smiles when you are around.

Lauren

Posted at 6:09 PM on April 7, 2010

I don’t think a 5 year old little girl (Hannah) will even know what the word “unwarranted” means.

Next thing she will be doing is talking about the kids’ bowel movements…Oh wait…she already did that on their show.

Kate sees her children as chattel.

Sugar

Posted at 3:35 PM on April 7, 2010

This book isn’t for her kids, it is a way to make money for her and the publisher. The book is most-likely written by a ghost writer based on input from Kate. Let’s face it, she has to make money somehow for the present and future financial security of her large family. That stupid ex-husband keeps draining the family finances by going to court. Instead of getting a job to provide for the kids he created, he wants custody so he can get spousal support. What a loser. They both need to save their money for when their 15 minutes expire and the have to put food on the table for their kids.

getbacktowork

Posted at 3:23 PM on April 7, 2010

i think this is kate just trying to put her feelings on paper. she’s not a professional writer (or, wasn’t, at least), and is just doing a gig she’s getting paid to do. i would guess from these excerpts that her writing is as much about making herself feel better about her mistakes, and trying to get people to like her, as it is a letter to her children. i’m not sure that i see this as humiliating her children. their entire lives have been too public, and i can’t imagine that, but to them, they really don’t know the difference. especially right now. it’s not like they’re going to go buy it and read it. when they get older, they may spew a whole lot of anger and resentment on both of those parents for choosing the path they chose in these kids’ lives though… we’ll be hearing goslin stories for the rest of our lives, once the kids get to tell their sides as adults. the whole thing is just a mess that all started from the singular decision to film the kids. at this point, with that fact, it’s all just a mine field and i wish them all luck getting through it- even loser jon.

Lindsey

Posted at 3:07 PM on April 7, 2010

Or are you an insensitive money grubber willing to humiliate anyone, just so to have a story to write.