Jessica Simpson Goes Au Naturale For The May Cover Of Marie Claire!

Wed, April 7, 2010 10:23am EDT by 9 Comments

040710_jessica_simpson_no_makeup_post

Would you ever be as brave as Jessica Simpson and pose with no makeup for a magazine?

For all you girls who won’t step outside without makeup on, get inspired by Jessica Simpson who not only posed for Marie Claire‘s May cover without a stitch of makeup, but also didn’t get ANY retouching! I didn’t believe it either, until I zoomed into the image and what did I find? Pores! And Lines! Jessica is a real, and totally gorgeous gal! No need for her to hide behind layers of professionally applied makeup, blown out hair and computer tricks.
“I don’t have anything to prove anymore,” Jessica tells the magazine. “What other people think of me is not my business.” Jessica decided to pose as she really is to help promote her new initiative, “A Beautiful Me” that helps encourage women to love themselves and be comfortable in their own skin. So, what does Jess do when she does feel like glamming it up? “If I’m in a mood to go out and feel hot and sexy, I want long hair that I can feel on my back,” Jess says. “But I also like bed head.” Sounds hot to us, Jess. But, as you’ve proven, you look totally gorgeous without doing anything! So, would you ever pose without makeup like Jess? - Marta Topran

For more on Jessica’s cover story, check out MarieClaire.com!

Janel

Posted at 5:30 PM on April 7, 2010

umn, doesn’t look makeup free to me… could she have at least worn a bra????

sophia

Posted at 4:22 PM on April 7, 2010

Please define no makeup for me.Because she’s clearly wearing eyeline,Mascara,eye shadow and her eye brows have been darkened(brow pencil,shadow etc).So again someone out there PLEASE DEFINE what it means to not wear a scrap of makeup.

MTHollywoodlife

Posted at 10:35 AM on April 8, 2010

Hi Sophia, I didn’t believe the whole “no makeup” line myself. So, I had our photo editor super zoom in on all areas of her face before I ran this story. And, trust me, she’s NOT wearing makeup. I was shocked. Sure, she’s probably curled her lashes and groomed her brows, but not with any color cosmetics. No makeup for sure. But, a LOT can be done with really great lighting and an expensive and talented photographer. Sorry to say, she really is this pretty! – Marta

getbacktowork

Posted at 1:53 PM on April 7, 2010

what jess lacks in intelligence, she more than makes up for in her faith and spirituality and character. if she goes back to that, there will be no stopping her. i actually would like to see her put a gospel album out. and, of course, the girl is a world class beauty- especially when she’s on the plumper side, but even when she’s on the thinner side. love her with or without makeup.

Corynne

Posted at 12:57 PM on April 7, 2010

she proves her natural beauty when she doesn’t wear a ton of make-up. I HATE how I look w. out make-up and I’m even younger than Jess! She obviously has great skin and takes care of herself.

mimi

Posted at 12:34 PM on April 7, 2010

No make up – no retouching – no regrets = okay

bryanbcool

Posted at 11:43 AM on April 7, 2010

like em both, au nat is what I would see at least as much as made up, and I like a ‘sleeper’ napalm girl!

Grizzie

Posted at 11:27 AM on April 7, 2010

I think she looks great here au naturale. Many of us men appreciate the natural beauty of a woman. Makeup should only enhance the natural beauty and not cover it. Confident and smart women go without extra makeup. I prefer the confident look, just enough to enhance the features she has.

Niles

Posted at 11:17 AM on April 7, 2010

i’ve never thought jessica simpson was attractive, but she looks great w/o make up! good job girl