EXCLUSIVE! 'Desperate' Insider Slams Nicollette's Assault Claims: 'I've Never Seen Marc Cherry Be Violent'

Tue, April 6, 2010 1:45pm EDT by 5 Comments

Courtesy Of ABC, Getty Images

Courtesy Of ABC, Getty Images

A source who’s very familiar with the inner workings of ‘Desperate Housewives’ doubts Nicollette Sheridan’s claim that show creator Marc Cherry slapped her over a disagreement: ‘Marc can err on the side of brusque … but I’ve never seen him be violent.’

A Desperate Housewives insider tells HollywoodLife.com that Nicollette Sheridan‘s lawsuit accusation that show creator Marc Cherry physically assaulted her when she disagreed with him is far from the truth: “I’ve never seen him be violent … there has never been an incident,” we’re told. Sheridan alleged in a $20 million suit filed Monday, April 5, that Cherry hit her “across the face and head,” fired her when she complained about the alleged assault, and that he even wished Teri Hatcher would get “hit by a car” for griping to Cherry’s bosses at ABC.

The source acknowledges that Cherry can be an intense boss. “Marc can err on the side of brusque when advising scenes,” reports the source, who has been associated with the show for several seasons. “He can just be curt.”

But the problem might be as much Nicollette’s as Cherry’s, explains our source: “As far as Nicollette is concerned, there were problems with her tardiness and coming unprepared.”

We’ve contacted reps for Cherry and for Sheridan, but have yet to hear back. ABC Studios issued the following statement: “While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit.”

Check out Ministry of Gossip for more on the lawsuit!

pat

Posted at 9:22 AM on April 7, 2010

Unfortunately, there are bad bosses everywhere. The best way to avoid hostile workplaces is by doing research about potential bosses on sites like eBossWatch.

Alice

Posted at 4:55 PM on April 6, 2010

This lawsuit has definitely got her in the spotlight, hasn’t it? I can’t believe she’s 47 and she still has a hot body. I read here (http:www.diets24h.com) about her diet and it now makes sense.

getbacktowork

Posted at 3:53 PM on April 6, 2010

Team Sheridan. I was not a fan of hers on the show or in life, but I do not see a hardass like her making any of this stuff up. I just hope other people aren’t too afraid of power to tell the truth.

Andy Swift

Posted at 3:16 PM on April 6, 2010

I’m sorry, but I refuse to believe anyone who had a hand in the Golden Girls could threaten violence against a beautiful senior citizen like Terri Hatcher. Team Cherry!

getbacktowork

Posted at 3:58 PM on April 6, 2010

LOL… Andy! I can’t believe you just called Teri a senior citizen! (Is she? I’m getting old…) LOL… Seriously though- you don’t believe someone who has so much power b/c of things like Golden Girls and Desperate Housewives and whatever else he has made a lot of people rich on, would abuse that power and get full of themselves and think they could do whatever they wanted b/c THEY ARE MARC CHERRY! I have no inside information, and don’t know if he did or didn’t, but c’mon, haven’t you read Animal Farm? You know- absolute power corrupts absolutely? I’m sure if ABC were put in the position of choosing Nicole or Marc, Nicole’s arse would be sold down the road… oh wait, it was!