After Getting A Sneak Peek Of 'Prince Of Persia', I Can't Wait To See It (And Not Just For Jake G's Hot Body, Either)!

Mon, April 5, 2010 1:31pm EST by 10 Comments

After checking out the Prince of Persia at WonderCon over the weekend, I have to wonder whether you’ll be watching it for the action, or just to get a glimpse of Jake’s six-pack!

Six pack. Body. Yum. These were the quite unexpected words I heard being bandied about at WonderCon, San Francisco’s comic book and science fiction festival over the weekend. They were, of course, in reference to Jake Gyllenhaal’s new film, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. And I’ve got to say: Reese Witherspoon, you are some kind of fool for giving this boy up!

Myself, along with the Darth Vader and Pokemon-loving fanboys and gamers of WonderCon, waited impatiently for Jake, 29, director Mike Newell and super-producer Jerry Bruckheimer to take the stage for a Persia panel at San Fran’s Moscone Center South April 3. When Jake finally arrived, the screaming was deafening. Seriously, my ears are still ringing two days later! The Brokeback Mountain star just waved at his audience shyly, looking shocked that so many people would show up just to see him.

After we all calmed down and started breathing again, we were treated to a sneak peek of the film – which looks amazing (and NOT just because of Jake’s rippling muscles and killer abs, thank you very much). After the clip aired, Jake, dressed in a basic black pullover sweater and dark-wash designer denim, confided that he did most of his own stunts, and had to spend a lot of time in the gym, especially for his heavy-duty gymnastics training. He said, “Yeah, I look pretty cool doing that.”

I agree, Jake…All of the training really paid off – and your film looks just as good as you do! I can’t wait until the film premieres on May 28!

- Annika Heinle

Get More on Jake & Reese’s Sad Split:

1. WATCH! Reese Witherspoon Goes On Another Date With Her New Boyfriend Jim Toth!
  2. Is Jake Gyllenhaal Moving On With A New Woman?
  3. The Real Reason Reese Witherspoon Dumped Jake Gyllenhaal!
  4. Do You Think Reese Could Play Pioneer Woman?

mylipsareforyoujake

Posted at 3:18 AM on April 6, 2010

Ok, Annika, loved your article, but I gotta tell you: BACK OFF MY BOY.
Don’t even act like you want those muscles; go hang out with Sandra B while I introduce my tongue to Jake’s bod.

jobrosslut22

Posted at 10:55 PM on April 5, 2010

O.M.G. Jake Gyllenhaal is the cutest!!1 I can’t wait for this to come out!!!!! <3

cindi

Posted at 7:47 PM on April 5, 2010

Love me some Jake! Thanks for the info.

sohotrightnow

Posted at 5:37 PM on April 5, 2010

seriousllyyyyy you’re so lucky you got to see jake in the fleshhhh ughhh im so jealous! but thanks at least for the teaser of prince of persia–good to know i should be getttinn excitedddd for may 28th… putting it on my calendar NOW!!

qt4lyfe

Posted at 5:17 PM on April 5, 2010

certainly not a gamer (so obviously interested in the 6 pack), but really looking fwd to seeing this movie! jake is so cute (although i could do without the long hair).

sassycutegurlie

Posted at 3:51 PM on April 5, 2010

oMG yESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
HE’S SO HOT!
Reese, you are a fool.

jobrosslut22

Posted at 10:56 PM on April 5, 2010

I know, Reese is such a bitch

sassycutegurlie

Posted at 1:43 AM on April 6, 2010

Hahha ya, jobro. You know what I am talking about ;)

xoxocardinal

Posted at 3:35 PM on April 5, 2010

This movie looks just ok. I love Prince of Persia, the video game, and I love Jake (DONNIE DARKO FOREVER!) but I was at WonderCon, and the preview sort of sucked.

lovejakey

Posted at 1:55 PM on April 5, 2010

AHHHHHHHHHH! You’re so lucky you got see Jake in person! I cannot wait for this movie to come out!