Jen’s yoga instructor, Mandy Ingber, shares her secrets on how to get Jen’s fabulous The Bounty Hunter figure!
Jennifer Aniston has been looking like a million bucks while promoting her new romantic comedy with Gerard Butler The Bounty Hunter around Europe this week. Case in point: the 41-year-old actress displayed nary an INCH of overspill in the skintight white sheath dress she wore to a press photocall in Madrid, Spain on March 30. Naturally, we want to look like Jen. Who wouldn’t?
The real question is: how CAN we get her fierce figure? HollywoodLife.com has the answer! Jen’s yoga instructor. Mandy Ingber, tells us how YOU can get a hot bod just like Jen’s in just five simple ways!
1) Get great gams! “For overall great legs, I recommend a cardio workout first to bring your heart rate up,” says Mandy. “Work out for 20-30 minutes. Jen does some version of elliptical, walking, running or spinning to warm up. Cardio is a great way to work out because you’re burning fat while developing great muscles. Sweating gets your body warm and gives you that great, lean look.”
2) Try a chair pose. “I intermix yoga poses and toning exercises to mix it up a little bit,” says Mandy, who recommends the chair pose for great legs and a bootylicious butt. “Sink down as if you’re sinking into a chair. Feet perfectly aligned, rock back slightly under your heels and shift your hips back. Put your knee over heels, butt back, and peel your belly off your thighs by extending your arms overhead. It’s like sitting in a chair. Do 1-3 sets of 8 reps. If you really want to tone up, you can also do squats. Jen and I intersperse squats with our workouts.”
3) Amp up your arms with a sun salute. “The point of the sun salute is to match your breath with the movement,” Mandy explains. “It’s an expansion on the inhale and contraction on the exhale. On the inhale, sweep your arms over your head and then on the exhale dive forward – a swan dive with down-hinging hips. Put your hands on the floor and extend your chest forward. Stay connected to your abs. Step back to the top of a push-up and put palms directly below your shoulders. Firm your thighs and make sure your hips and shoulders are aligned. Scoop your chest up and arch into an upward facing dog keeping thighs on the floor. This creates length, lengthening hamstrings and your back. It’s a total body workout.”
4) Try a tree pose. “This is a core-strengthening move for focus and inner peace – and inner thighs!” jokes Mandy. “Stand straight shifting your body weight on to your right foot with your knee up to your chest. Turn you knee to the side and press the sole of your foot to your inner thigh or calf, depending on your flexibility. Put your palms together, extending to the crown of your head. This is great for your core. Hold it for 5-10 breaths. This is actually one of Jen’s favorite poses – it has a lot of balance.”
5) Be a bird with the reclining pigeon. “You can do this by yourself or with another person,” Mandy tells us. “I usually assist Jen. You lie back with knees bent and the soles of your feet on the floor. Cross your left ankle over your right knee and flex your foot, then draw your right knee in towards your chest. Wrap around your hamstring and gently draw your knee towards the chest. You’ll feel the stretch of your left hip.”
And there you have it, friends! Good luck in your pursuit of Jen’s fabulous figure!
— Laura Schreffler
Get More on the fabulous Jennifer Aniston:
- EXCLUSIVE! Jen Aniston Goes On A $1,000+ Shoe Shopping Spree – While Filming A Movie!
- See Why Jen Aniston Hearts Gerard Butler!
- Love It or Loathe It? Jennifer Aniston’s Pink Mess of a Dress!
CLASH OF THE TITANS … Where Are They Now? (Moviefone)
SPLIT RUMORS! Is Sandra Bullock really ready for divorce? (PopEater’s Rob Shuter