Shiloh's Got A New Boyfriend Blazer! Is It Totally Trendy, Or Still Too Boyish?

Mon, March 29, 2010 9:50am EST by 24 Comments
Splashnews.com

Splashnews.com

While boyfriend blazers are in for the ladies this spring, Shiloh’s still looking like a total tomboy in this get-up.

Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, 3, looks totally cute in her boyfriend blazer… but like most of her recent outfits, it also seems to be lacking a feminine flair. Angelina‘s little tomboy was spotted March 28 in Venice, Italy, with her mom, sister Zahara, 5, and brother Pax, 6.

Shiloh, if you want to make the blazer look more girly, try pairing it with fun brights or feminine florals. We know you’re a tomboy at heart, but a little pair of plaid shorts and flats would really help the look. Just take a cue from your big sis! Zahara went girly in metallic flats, while you opted for white velcro sneaks.

Read more on why Angie is the best mom here!

Read More on Angie & the Little Ones:

1. Peekaboo Knox & Shiloh Jolie-Pitt — We See You!
  2. Would You Let Your Man Film ‘A Passionate Love Scene’ With Angelina Jolie?
  3. Aww! Baby Vivienne Cries For Her Mommy, Angelina Jolie!
  4. Do You Think Angelina Would Make A Good Disney Villain?

Follow HollywoodLife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

เสื้อคู่รัก

Posted at 5:30 AM on May 23, 2014

great post, very informative. I ponder why the other experts of this sector don’t realize this.
You should proceed your writing. I’m sure,
you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

tony

Posted at 2:18 AM on July 15, 2010

I think she is the cutest thing on earth. The one thing we are all not taking into consideration-If this child is going to grow up and be different from most of us there is nothing Angie can do about it. Trying to put her in frilly little girly dresses will not change anything. If there in any kind of harmone imbalance in this child, she just gonna be who she is, and we wont know until she finally grows up. I had a childhood friend just like her, a boy, never would play with the other boys, always wanted to hang with us the girls, he was just like one of us. He just never wore girls clothing. There was nothing his parents could do to get him to play with the boys or act like a boy. Sure enough by the time we hit our twenties (even as a teen) he was one of our gay buddies. He was accepted by us all, we grew up together and saw he was just different. (Lets hope Shiloh is just going thru a childhood faze)

w00dsii

Posted at 7:17 PM on July 16, 2010

you moron. “harmone [sic.] imbalance”? “let’s hope” it’s a “childhood phase”? (i’m sorry, i had to correct your awful punctuation and spelling.) who cares if she grows up to be gay? good for her.

Tiffanie

Posted at 5:38 PM on July 14, 2010

I am glad that Angie and Brad are smart enough to not pin stereo types on their kids..
Society will harm her enough when she is older.. can’t you people lay off a poor kid? She is 4! What did you dress yourself in when you were 4? I know my kids used to come out of their rooms in some pretty funky looking outfits! But you must let them explore, create and express who they are..

Diane

Posted at 9:02 AM on July 13, 2010

Too boyish for whom? Why can’t a four year old girl wear what she likes? (Or for that matter, why can’t a 40 year-old woman?)

I’m sure you’ll laugh at this comment and say you’re just having fun, talking fashion, but you’re actually doing something much more harmful: trying to reinforce gender stereotypes onto the youngest of children. That’s not just distasteful, it’s misogynistic. It perpetuates the tired idea that there’s only one acceptable way to be “feminine”. And that’s just wrong.

ange

Posted at 8:34 AM on July 13, 2010

i think she’s adorable!. I can’t believe you paparazzi are making a big deal out of this. Leave the kid alone and let her be herself. So what do you want? Get Angelina to force her kids to dress exactly what Hollywood would accept? I hope when she learns how to read, her parents will not let her read your writings. Trash!!!

Meg

Posted at 8:28 AM on July 13, 2010

WTF!? The kid is 3yrs old. Leave her alone and let her dress how she likes. Believe it or not, there is more to life than conforming to some narrow (narrow minded) view of what is beautiful or fashionable.

Its hard enough growing up as a girl in our society as it is, I pity this poor kid who has to grow up subjected to this kind of absurd commentary.

Clo

Posted at 5:49 AM on July 13, 2010

If the kid refused to wear any clothes all the time, THAT might be a problem! LOL!
Back off and let the kid play ‘dress up’ and express herself
There’s no harm. Kids play at being lots of things; that is normal development. They do not define male and female as adults do, nor should they. Forcing narrowly defined gender roles on to children is stifling and may make them very unhappy. Apprx. age 5 is typical for girls to start wanting to be like mommy and boys like daddy -that oedipal thing. She’s a cutie no matter how she dresses-and she does have style! This public obsession with how people must look, especially females,is really kinda sick-and at age3-4, yet! How would you like to be a Jolie-Pitt creation, judged by your every childhood act? Talk about pressure!It’s all the critics & inappropriate expectations that will warp the child,not the attire! You go Shiloh!

bunny

Posted at 11:36 PM on July 12, 2010

did you really just write an article directed toward this child? Shiloh, do this.
SHE WILL NOT READ THIS. like, her mom’s not going to read this even, but she’s CERTAINLY not going to read it. also, she looks cute and i really don’t get what the big deal is. she’s a CHILD. why can’t she wear what she wants?

Dr. Mike

Posted at 1:32 PM on July 12, 2010

I am a Behavior Scientist who has specialized in adolescent and post-adolescent development over the past 20 years. I have significant experience working with diverse children across the country and I am a single father of a 12-year old son.

There is no cause for alarm that a 4-year old girl dresses like a boy, most likely she will grow out of it. If she doesn’t, it’s not the end of the world. It would do more harm to her self-development and self-image if her parents made her feel ashamed and rejected For further insight, explore Jean Piaget’s classic research on the Preoperational Stage of Development which takes place between the ages of 2 to 7. During this stage, egocentricism is strong and “magical” and imaginative thinking predominates, thus shedding light on Shiloh’s behavior.

Karen

Posted at 8:03 PM on March 29, 2010

It’s such a shame the way Brad and Angie are dressing Shilo as a boy, getting her a boy’s haircut, etc. They’re saying it’s her choice, but I don’t believe it for a second. Since when does a toddler request a certain hair style? I do believe it’s merely for the publicity/attention. Little girls love to dress up, play princess, and try to be like Mommy. Shilo is being robbed of all this. Heck, maybe I’m just too old fashion, but I think it’s horrible.

Cassidy

Posted at 12:44 AM on March 30, 2010

toddlers request a lot of things…. and you know its strange to me that of all the bad parenting and suffering kids in the world THIS is what strikes you as horrible. a little girl with shorter-than-”normal” hair and a blazer. who’s to say she’s not playing princess, her own way? brad and angie don’t need or want attention, they happen to hate it, so your theory doesn’t make much sense.

Lori

Posted at 2:25 PM on July 12, 2010

She may just have sibling rivalry.

Liz

Posted at 7:57 PM on July 12, 2010

“Toddler?” At four, she’s hardly a toddler anymore. She’s more of a preschooler. As a mom of a 4 and 6-year-old, I can tell you that they do have lots of preference about what they wear and what they look like.

I have one child who will only wear pink. She also doesn’t eat meat, because “I love animals too much to do that.” So wait…does that mean we pushed it on her? NO. I dressed her in green and yellow and eat meat.

Don’t assume children don’t have opinions or personalities. if my daughter started wanting to dress like Shiloh tomorrow, sure, whatever.

This is clothing, people. Clothes. This isn’t exactly rocket science.

ange

Posted at 8:42 AM on July 13, 2010

Karen,
i dont think you are too old fashion i think you are closed minded. Don’t imposed what you desire on a 3 yr old. I would never wish to be your kid. You are very narrow minded. News for you oldie, kids are human and can have desires for how they look and feel. ! i think you are horrible but definitely not Shiloh!

Badger

Posted at 11:30 AM on July 13, 2010

ummmm, not ALL little girls want to dress up. Jeez why is everyone so stereo typical. I am a girl, and NEVER ever wanted to dress up. I certainly did not want to play princess. I wanted to play with robots. And no,it did not “turn” me gay either. Old fashioned and narrow minded I would say.

Crystal

Posted at 4:48 PM on July 14, 2010

Obviously You have never had children of your own, or worked around children at that age or any age for that matter. Not ALL girls love to play princess or dress up, in fact some boys like doing that. I liked playing Pirates and cowboys and bandits when I was Shiloh’s age. I wanted to be just like my DAD, not my Mom when I was little. I Liked my hair cut shorter because it was easier to take care of. Children’s Shiloh’s age are very opinionated about a lot of things, and clothing and hair preference are usually one of those things. Especailly if their parents give them FREE WILL to make some of their own choices like Angelina and Brad do. So No you are not “Old Fashioned” just close minded.

anon

Posted at 7:44 PM on March 29, 2010

it really irritates me that i keep seeing stories like this. you should draw the line at criticizing children no matter how innocuously you try to word it. she’s a toddler, and she looks happy, and in a world where women are given ridiculous standards and pressure to look a certain way, i think the last thing a little girl (with the prettiest mom on the planet no less) needs is someone telling her that what she likes to wear doesn’t suit her. she’s beautiful, she dresses differently than her siblings which means she probably has some say in it, and if this little kid chooses comfort over fashion then she’s years ahed of her time. go shiloh.

Sugar

Posted at 3:12 PM on March 29, 2010

She looks cute. I don’t think your average mom dolls up their little girl in frilly stuff everyday. It more about practical choices and what the kid finds comfortable and wants to wear. Frankly, the clothes choices for them have to be the least of their worries. The constant travelling and changing schools and outside friends has got to be tought for all the kids.

Village

Posted at 2:32 PM on March 29, 2010

She wants to dress like a boy. So what? She may be a boy inside. So what? She is who she is. As long as she is loved and accepted for whoever she is, that’s all that matters.

And boy can that girl dress. That is a great outfit. Buttoned tee with an open oxford shirt under a blue blazer, with cargo pants and tennis shoes. Some of the male Hollywood stars should dress so well.

Sam

Posted at 11:58 AM on March 29, 2010

Leave the kid alone. It’s creepy that you’re so obsessed over a child being a tomboy. To each their own.

What?

Posted at 11:33 AM on March 29, 2010

Do you know what a tomboy means? A tomboy does not wear ANYTHING girly. My sister was one because she wanted to be like our dad. She would not even touch a “fun brights” shirt as you described. So annoying. It’s a phase and if it isn’t who cares? She looks very cute and very much like her father.

mimi

Posted at 10:52 AM on March 29, 2010

but maybe angelina have a hell to get her dressed?

marrie

Posted at 5:20 AM on September 6, 2012

I like the parental choice to let a child enjoy her childhood for i too used to dress like a boy.