Do You Think Paige Miles Should Have Been Voted Off 'American Idol' This Week?

Thu, March 25, 2010 4:59pm EDT by 5 Comments
Courtesy of Fox

Courtesy of Fox

Bye-bye Paige, your time on the Idol stage is officially up! But was it your time to go?

I’ve been on the fence about Paige Miles for awhile now, but after her truly horrific rendition of “Against All Odds” on March 23, I truly believe she deserved to be sent home from American Idol.

The 24-year-old Houston, Texas resident missed out on breaking the top 10 this season, which means she won’t be appearing on the Idol tour this summer, which is a pity because that means the completely tone deaf Tim Urban will be breaking ear drums around America in her place!

Tim, 20, was – quite naturally – in the bottom three AGAIN this week. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: his pretty face has kept him in the contest. Which just sucks, given that American Idol is a singing competition (lest Simon Cowell remind you again) and not a beauty pageant.

Katie Stevens
rounded out the bottom three, and I’m glad she didn’t go the way of the gun. Although she’s young – just 17 – the girl has potential. She just needs to figure out “what kind of artist she’s going to be” (or so says every single Idol judge).

My thought: Paige had the better voice, and should have been the person to go on tour. Sorry to all you Tim fans, but next week that boy HAS TO GO!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Get the scoop on the hottest reality show in America here!

1. Blake Lewis Loves Michael Lynche!
  2. EXCLUSIVE! American Idol Vocal Coach Dorian Holley Gives Inside Look At Top 24
  3. EXCLUSIVE! Former ‘American Idol’ Jason Castro Gives Advice To American Idol Top 24
  4. Watch Ellen’s First Night On American Idol
  5. Simon Cowell To Be Replaced By Howard Stern?
  6. Carrie Underwood: I Could Never Be A Diva

uggh

Posted at 8:44 PM on March 25, 2010

I’m sorry, but I think it was Paige’s time to go weeks ago. How can the audience judge if she has a good voice if she screws up every performance? Maybe Tim’s performance was corny (and his voice sounds lame) but at least he was mostly on key last night. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not impressed by him or most of the other contestants for that matter, but I wasn’t cringing through any performance but her’s. Good riddance, Paige!

getbacktowork

Posted at 8:17 PM on March 25, 2010

ps- i agree with you on katie. she’s not my type of performer, but she’s cute and she’s growing on me. she really is “coachable” and makes progress every week by listening to what they tell her. she’s just probably too young and/or vanilla to connect on any emotional level to any song. but, i still like her. she’s rightfully there, unlike tim urban. ugh. thank goodness i don’t care about that tour. i can’t even make it through his tv performances. they’re painful. to think he beat out lambert, who was MORE cute, and of course more talented- is just flat out foolish. seriously, he better never cut his hair b/c his face ain’t all that and his singing is worse.

getbacktowork

Posted at 8:12 PM on March 25, 2010

paige’s voice is so above and beyond many of their voices, however, she sucked at the competition, chose ridiculous songs, and performed for sh!t. go back to last night’s final performance she did, and watch her singing that one- where she was INCREDIBLE. even randy has his hands in the air clearly aggravated and asking what i was asking, ‘why the f- didn’t she sing like that for the competition’!!! she has a good voice, but she wasn’t gonna make it. she has no idea what kind of an artist she wants to be and good singing isn’t enough. tim urban, however, is just pathetic. i hate kara, but at least she finally said outloud the whole problem with that show- that the tween vote is so powerful and blind. (something to the effect that the young girls may like that sliding and bs, but it wasn’t good.) in any case, paige is better than tim, but frankly, she was more frustrating to watch b/c she actually has talent. he has none, i expect nothing of him, and i fast forward through his performances.

NANLU

Posted at 5:59 PM on March 25, 2010

Time for her to go and Tim next……..

scarla

Posted at 5:28 PM on March 25, 2010

Laura,
I know it ‘was against all odds’, but I was hoping for a mass elimination last night. Save THE SCREAMER and Bowersox for the finale and give the rest of us that enjoy a good singing competition 4 extra weeks of GLEE !!!!!!!!!! Since that ain’t happenin’…….definitely ditch Tim with his Disney-Do!