Move over, Jersey Shore, watch my new favorite Jersey girls from the Style Network’s Jerseylicious give me a totally tan-tastic makeover!
Have you caught a glimpse of the craziness that is the Style Network’s new show, Jerseylicious yet? If you have, you’ll understand why I was so excited for three of its stars, Alexa Prisco, Briella Calafiore and Olivia Blois Sharpe to pay me a visit and transform me from a flat-haired, no makeup wearing, pale girl into a teased tresses, smoky eyed, bronzed Jersey goddess.
Alexa, a makeup artist known as New Jersey’s Glam Fairy, brought two of her helper fairies and Jerseylicious co-stars, makeup artist Olivia and hair stylist Briella along with her to help in my total overhaul. Let me tell you, these girls worked a miracle. Just wait till you see them whip me into smoky eyed perfection!
Having only watched them on TV doing their thing at the Gatsby Salon, I’m not going to lie, I was a little nervous about what to expect from them. Olivia and Alexa are portrayed as bitchy rivals on the show. In real life, they respect eachother’s work and get along really, really well. (Olivia is even working as a glam fairy for Alexa now!) We’re led to believe that BFFs Briella and Olivia are total airheads. But, in person, they’re totally sweet and hilarious. Let me tell you, I have not laughed so much at work as I did the two hours these girls were in the office. And yes, it really did take me almost an hour and a half to be madeover. It’s not easy work being a glammed out Jersey girl!
So, what did I learn from my transformation?
- Never walk around midtown Manhattan at lunch hour in the winter with a smoky eye, shimmery bronzer and teased hair if you don’t want to be stared at.
- Jersey girls know how to get attention, and it’s kind of amazing.
- Don’t believe what you see on TV. Alexa, Olivia and Briella are all really talented, super friendly and absolutely hysterical.
- With enough bronzer in the hollows of your cheeks, everyone can have fierce cheekbones.
- With the right amount of makeup and hairspray I can look like Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez’s New Jersey love child.
Watch the video and tell me what you think of my new Jerseylicious look!
- Marta Topran