Do you think it’s fair Sandra won’t be able to legally claim the kids she treated like her own?
If Sandra Bullock divorces Jesse James, the Oscar-winning actress will lose more than just her husband — she’ll also lose the step-daughter she’s come to love as her own. Despite reports claiming Sandra is seeking custody of Jesse’s six-year-old daughter Sunny, a lawyer tells HollywoodLife.com no judge will let that happen.
“[Sandra] has no right to custody of that child,” Los Angeles-based attorney Steve Cron explains. “No matter how close the relationship, she’s not the mother. She’s not going to get custody of that child no matter what she tries to do.”
It was said earlier today, March 23, that Sandra, 45, would seek custodial rights on the grounds that Jesse’s ex-wife, porn star Janine Lindemulder, is an unfit mother and Jesse, 40, is an adulterer. However, California law doesn’t automatically deem adulterers like Jesse unfit for parenting, as HollyScoop also found.
“They would have to determine if he is an unfit parent — and you have to show a lot, not just infidelity,” Cron says. “Then the court would determine the remedy. For example, does he need parenting classes, etc.? They do whatever they can to keep the child with the parent.”
Sorry, Sandra! You’ll have to convince Jesse to let you visit Sunny, which we’re sure you’ll do, and often. You’re a good person — and a good parent.
Do you think Sandra should be allowed to have custody of her step-daughter? Why?
Read More on the upsetting and tragic Jesse James’ Cheating Scandal:
- Hey BFFs — What A Burn! Watch Sandra Bullock Gush Over Jesse James!
- Shock! Sandra Bullock Moves Out! Is Her Marriage Over?
- Does Jesse James Have a Type … Tattooed? And Is Ink-Free Sandra The Odd Woman Out?
- EXCLUSIVE! The Day After The Oscars, Jesse James’ Alleged Mistress Complained About A Lack Of Sex
- Sandra Bullock Heartbroken! Will She Still Fight For Jesse James To Win Custody Of His Little Girl?
- Jesse James Made Shocking Accusations of Violence Against His Ex-Wife!