Oscar-winning actress Sandra Bullock is putting the wheels in motion for a Hollywood divorce from her husband of five years, Jesse James.
TMZ reports that Lance Spiegel, who handled divorces for Charlie Sheen and Heather Locklear, is likely going to rep Sandra in her legal battle.
Jesse has also contacted several lawyers, but TMZ says he “will not be initiating the divorce.”
And a friend of Sandra’s dishes to Fox News, “It’s unlikely that [she] will take Jesse back. This is going to be a lot for her to overcome.”
Bullock, 45, has been holed up in Austin, Texas, since news broke last week that Jesse was having an alleged affair with tattooed stripper Michelle “Bombshell” McGee. The news of her husbands infidelity came on the heels of her Best Actress Oscar for her performance in The Blind Side after five years of marriage to James.
“Sandra is a strong woman, but this is such a mess for her,” her pal said. Sandra has contradicted reports that she is filing for divorce — but she has already cancelled promotional events for her film, including a premiere in London, and one in Berlin. —Corynne Steindler
Read more on the upsetting and tragic Jesse James’ cheating scandal:
- Watch Out, Jesse! Sandra Said: ‘If I Were Elin … I Would Have Hit a Lot More Than She Did … I’d Get the Baseball Bat!’
- Shock! Sandra Bullock Moves Out! Is Her Marriage Over?
- Does Jesse James Have a Type … Tattooed? And Is Ink-Free Sandra The Odd Woman Out?
- EXCLUSIVE! The Day After The Oscars, Jesse James’ Alleged Mistress Complained About A Lack Of Sex
- Sandra Bullock Heartbroken! Will She Still Fight For Jesse James To Win Custody Of His Little Girl?
- Hey, Sandra! An Image Expert Urges You To Come Out Of Hiding & Show Your Face!