Johnny Depp Isn't Interested In Women With Implants

Sun, March 21, 2010 4:34pm EDT by 14 Comments
Courtesy of Walt Disney Pictures

Courtesy of Walt Disney Pictures

If you want to be in the next Pirates movie, you’d better be all natural!

Wow, here’s a refreshing change! Disney recently sent out a casting notice for female roles in the upcoming fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and it distinctly states: “Must have real breasts. Do not submit if you have implants.” The New York Post reports that actresses will be put to a “jiggle” test, and they’ll immediately be sent packing if their artificial bust doesn’t bounce.

The fourth installment in the Pirates series, titled On Stranger Tides. And even though fan favorites Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley won’t be reprising their roles, there will still be plenty to look forward to. Penélope Cruz is joining the franchise as the daughter of the legendary Blackbeard (Ian McShane) — and Jack Sparrow’s love interest!

Get More on Everyone’s Favorite Bad Boy:

1. ‘Alice in Wonderland’s $200+ Million Weekend: Biggest 3-D Opening Ever!
  2. Johnny Depp Goes From Boho Beatnik to Distinguished Gentleman!

mimi

Posted at 10:50 AM on March 22, 2010

you cannot compare with a natural healthy look to all plastic and fake – look……it is really 2 diferent looks…….mimi

mimi

Posted at 10:49 AM on March 22, 2010

i just think they are trying to say:” no pamela anderson or heidi freitag styles…..no abnormalities…they are looking for…natural beauties thats all……tired of not natural looks, and it is not sexy at all…..

Caz

Posted at 10:30 AM on March 22, 2010

So, I still have a chance with Johnny, I’m as natural as the day I was born.

The only thing I’ve lost is my vermiform appendix, (oh yes & my innocence.)

I’M ALL YOURS JOHNNY.

lu

Posted at 9:16 AM on March 22, 2010

First, Johnny Depp would not be the one to be asking for this, it would be Disney and Disney would know that they were asking for any manner of problems by stipulating that there would be a jiggle test. The whole things is stupid. I could see them wanting more natural women, but that’s about it.

TK

Posted at 5:12 AM on March 22, 2010

Makes sense… implants are so obvious and women didn’t have them in the time of Blackbeard… The jiggle test story is probably made up.

Miss M.

Posted at 5:00 AM on March 22, 2010

How stupid, this seems degrading to all women auditioning to have to be put through some kind of jiggle test! Implants: some women have them, some women don’t. They are all still human beings and deserve respect!

john

Posted at 9:53 PM on March 21, 2010

welcome to our online store,we have payment by paypal, now pls copy and open this address——– shoptrade.us

Suprchica

Posted at 7:55 PM on March 21, 2010

Hey, this is just a casting call for a movie, they’re not saying that all the women should feel bad for having implants!!! Please read & understand the article before feeling attacked. If you’re NOT applying for a role in the movie, don’t feel offended.

kmack

Posted at 4:01 AM on March 22, 2010

Seriously??

I have no intention of auditioning for this movie. I do not have implants. But I am a woman living in the world so this issue effects me. Hollywood sets a standard for how we all view eachother. Therefore if you’re a woman this issue applies to you as well. If you think you’re immune to the influence of media ideals then I don’t know where you’ve been living for the past century. If a woman wants to enhance her apperance with breast augmentation (for cosmetic reasons or necessity of mental health) its none of my business. Nor is it anyone else’s. I don’t know about you but I am sick and tired of fickle people dictating what’s OK and what’s not OK for a woman to do with her body.

I do have a very close relitave who struggled with breast cancer and I mean no disrespect to anyone who has suffered such trauma. I think it is your right to take advantage of the medical technology that exists without being judged.

Lisa

Posted at 7:30 PM on March 21, 2010

I am a breast cancer survivor who has had a double mastectomy with implant reconstruction. Thanks for trying to make females like myself, who have gone through hell regarding our self-esteem, feel even worse. I sincerely hope no one you love gets breast cancer and feels like they are “not perfect enough” while battling for their lives. But the odds are that you will. I hope then that you understand the pain you have caused. Shame on you!

kmack

Posted at 5:31 PM on March 21, 2010

Johnny Depp and Disney should mind their own business. An insecure woman has the right to conform to our culture’s impossible standards of beauty if she so desires. Now, Disney, who is a major contributor to said impossible standards has changed its mind about how a woman’s body should look and the rest of the world has to follow suit. Because everybody knows (and this is especialy true in Hollywood) that as a woman you’d better look the way the media tells you to look otherwise, you’re useless.

John Kaye

Posted at 5:01 PM on March 21, 2010

Here, here !!!! Glad to see Disney and Sparrow/Depp are out for the real thing. Who ever invented implants should be shot! I prefer real women all the way. God gave you what you got because that’s the way he intended you to be.

VoV

Posted at 5:08 PM on March 21, 2010

Surely not in all cases … women who have mastectomies done should be ENCOURAGED to have breast implants if it helps their psychological recovery.

letourneau

Posted at 7:34 AM on March 22, 2010

joonny’s a bit old to get picky,ive never seen him do a convincing love scene yet, i think he has a problem