What did you learn after a relationship ended? Did you become more easy going and patient like Gabrielle?
Listen up ladies — Gabrielle Union has some relationship tips for you! Gabrielle, who currently stars as Zoey Andata on ABC’s FlashForward was married for almost five years to former NFL running back Chris Howard and she has one word of advice for you: CHILL! Gabrielle and Chris divorced in 2006, and in hindsight she says she might have been a little too nit picky when it came to things like leaving the toilet seat up. She sat down with Honeymag.com to discuss the new season of FlashForward, her marriage, her future, and much more!
Check out what Gabrielle had to say!
- On The New Season of FlashForward: “Zoey kind of becomes unhinged. Zoey goes off on everyone — Courtney’s [B. Vance] character, Joe’s [Fiennes] character. She tries to save her man by any means necessary. She’s convinced it’s not looking good for him and she’s gonna do whatever she can to save him. I always joke if I had this kind of passion and conviction when I was married, maybe I wouldn’t be divorced! The way Zoey is with this man, and they’re not even married yet, the level of dedication is insane.”
- On What She Learned From Her Marriage: “That you can’t sweat the small stuff. I spent so much of my marriage upset. Things like the toilet seat being up or down shouldn’t define your day. You put so much on every little thing. You look at your parents like they were infallible and perfect and you realize now that they made a lot of mistakes and they’re just people. I’m giving the men in my life the same consideration. They’re just human.”
- On If She Would Want To See Into Her Future: “Hell, yes! I have bills. I want to know if I’m going to be able to pay them. In Janet’s flash forward she sees herself having this baby and she never even thought about children. I don’t think about children. I’m 37 and I don’t think about wanting kids at all or look at babies and go ‘Ooh!’ I have more of a chance of adopting animals on the street.”
- On What She Considers Her Best Features: “My teeth. I thank my orthodontist. My eyes, my laugh, my generosity. For lack of a better word, my fellowship. I love bringing people together. I love connecting with people.”
Read More on Gabrielle Union & Other Failed Relationships:
- EXCLUSIVE! Things Are Heating Up Between Gabrielle Union and Miami Heat Player Dwayne Wade
- Kate Winslet & Sam Mendes Split: Why Do So Many Hollywood Marriages Fail? Experts Explain
- Ryan Phillippe Asked Abbie Cornish to Move Out!
- Jamie Kennedy Gets Lucky on St. Patrick’s Day – While Jennifer Love Hewitt Moves On With Help From Her BFFs