Hey Jennifer Aniston & Gerard Butler! You Need To Get Your Stories Straight!

Wed, March 17, 2010 4:44pm EDT by 8 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

The status of their relationship that isn’t the only thing that’s confusing about Jennifer Aniston and Gerard Butler! First they’re together, then they’re friends, then they’re making out in the kitchen at the golden globes, then they’re friends again in Cabo … and then they’re all touchy-feely on the red carpet!

We don’t know about you, but our heads are spinning! And for good reason. Jen and Gerard are having a really hard time keeping their stories straight!  Check out these examples of Jen & Gerrys classic “He Said/She Said” quotes and tell us if you can figure out what’s going on with them!

On Their W Magazine Shoot:

Jen: “That was one of the most uncomfortable positions to be completely honest. My leg on the left was asleep. Gerry’s right foot is sound asleep, the pain expression on my face is kind of real.”

Gerry: “We have a natural chemistry. You can see it in our magazine shoot and the film, we have a great time together.”

On Gerard’s Sweet Tooth:

Jen: “He likes sweets. Its really kind of cute. Its cake and he gets so excited, you know? At the end of the day I see Angie his assistant walking by with a cupcake and I go ‘Wait a minute, where is that cupcake going?’ I put a note in it saying ‘Are you sure you want to eat me?’ and we never saw the cupcake again!”

Gerry: “I’m known as the Cupcake King. She loves to bake too, and she thought it was fun to send me cupcakes — until she realized it was a problem and then she stopped.”

On Gerard’s Temperament:

Jen: “He’s extremely lovely and fun loving person.”

Gerry: “I’m paranoid … I am slightly addicted to anxiety.”

For More on Jen & Gerard’s ‘Love Affair':

1. ‘BOUNTY HUNTER’ NYC PREMIERE!  Gerard On What Makes Jen Sexy – She’s ‘Just So Alive!’
  2. Gerard Butler & Jennifer Aniston Get Touchy Feely at ‘The Bounty Hunter’ Premiere & After Party!
  1. Jennifer Aniston Takes NYC By Storm For Some Serious ‘Bounty Hunter’ Promoting!
  2. Gerard Butler, You’re A Red Carpet Repeat Offender! We’re On To Your Signature Clutch!

20cujo

Posted at 7:20 PM on March 17, 2010

I just don,t get it people,all the pretty women in Hollywood and this, is all you see.what,s up with that.

Jenardiston FTW

Posted at 6:12 PM on March 17, 2010

If they are not hooking up they should get to it already . I mean come on there’s no denying their chemistry plus he just said she met his mom and his mom LOVES her already and wants her to come to Scotland. He’s mom probably thinks she’s wifey material. I love Jen and I love Gerard. They look really happy when they are around eachother. They would make a beautiful pair. Hope they get together…soon.
More power to you, Jenardiston.

Sam

Posted at 6:08 PM on March 17, 2010

So funny. It was Hollywoodlife that kept saying they’re dating!!! Now you’re backtracking. Pathetic.

Corynne

Posted at 8:18 PM on March 17, 2010

we are?

Erin

Posted at 5:52 PM on March 17, 2010

These really aren’t contradictory. Jen was speaking specifically about that one pose, and Gerard was talking about the shoot more generally. And it’s entirely possible that Jen can see Gerard as happy-go-lucky and he keeps his anxiety to himself, that’s not really contradictory as they would have different perspectives on that.

Helena

Posted at 5:21 PM on March 17, 2010

I don’t know what’s going on, but they look like they could be lifetime mates.

Village

Posted at 5:16 PM on March 17, 2010

They are friends with benefits, when it’s conVENient.

Corynne

Posted at 5:46 PM on March 17, 2010

Village – we at HollywoodLife all totally agree! They are total friends w. benefits!