EXCLUSIVE! Says Edie Falco: James Gandolfini Would Only Make 'The Sopranos' Movie If I Played Tony!

Tue, March 16, 2010 1:41pm EST by 52 Comments

What would you do to see the Sopranos movie get made?

As all Sopranos die-hards are well aware, each and every former cast member has agreed to make a Sopranos movie…except one very important person: Mr. Tony Soprano himself. Luckily, his co-star and former on-screen wife, Edie Falco, has hatched a brilliant plan to get James Gandolfini to jump on board, and shared her genius idea with HollywoodLife.com exclusively.

“There’s nothing that guy needs. There’s nothing he wants. I think he’s very happy,” Edie, 46, told us at the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences’ Evening with Nurse Jackie in North Hollywood March 15.

She added, “I got nothing to offer him except that if I could play Tony. He might do it if I played Tony and he played Carmela.”

Hear that, Mr. Gandolfini? The offer is out on the table — so put your best dress on, because your fans demand it!

Are you just dying to see the Sopranos movie get green-lit?

Get more on Edie Falco:

1. Hey Golden Globes! Thanks For Making Us Glee-ful By Giving Our Fave Show Four Big Noms!
  2. Julianne Moore Or Edie Falco? Who Wore It Better At The SAG Awards?

jack

Posted at 1:43 PM on March 2, 2013

There should or could be a Soprano the early years

Dave

Posted at 9:52 AM on July 5, 2012

The end was pretty clear: he got killed.

Kyle

Posted at 10:52 PM on August 28, 2012

he didn’t get killed. WE the viewer/fan did.

adam

Posted at 11:28 PM on April 5, 2012

If the man doesn’t want to do it because he doesn’t need anything.. maybe he should take a look at how he got that way the fans. We made the show and watched and he got paid. Hmmm what could he give us? A real end maybe.

bobby camio

Posted at 5:36 PM on November 10, 2012

Unfortunatly as with most actor’s, they get their heads up their butt and think they don’t need anyone anymore. James got too big for his britches and put many a person’s out of work. Shame on the egotistical butt-hole

John P

Posted at 7:38 PM on March 29, 2012

I’m a huge fan of the sopranos and why not carry on with another series, give the fans what they want.

tonymontanna

Posted at 6:04 AM on December 10, 2011

THEY SHOULD GIVE HIM AM OFFER HE CANT REFUSE!

WILLIAM

Posted at 12:35 AM on March 6, 2012

This movie needs to be made. With an all star cast from top to bottom, why not. Just make it damnit, please!

Jack

Posted at 11:06 PM on December 1, 2011

I don’t think they should make a movie out of the Sopranos. If they are to make any more of the greatest show ever made, they should continue in the same manner as what made it so great. Maybe another 2 part season. I would love to see that. If that is not going to happen, they should leave well enough alone. The Sopranos is the very best show to ever be on television! Bar none! Love or hate the ending, its the best ending I have ever seen! I own the box set and watch it more than I watch anything. I would love more Sopranos, but I would only want to see it done as it was originally done. Masterful work!

Tone

Posted at 7:46 PM on November 3, 2011

MAKE A Soprano Movei PLease!!!!

DANIEL

Posted at 1:05 PM on May 18, 2011

please make a soprano movie

Babyliston

Posted at 4:05 PM on April 20, 2011

Thats exactly what I said but i’m ensueing a possible lawsuit.