Can you imagine not being able to save someone you loved?
The 911 call Corey Haim‘s mother made right before her son’s sudden death March 10 has now been obtained, reports Entertainment Tonight.
The 38-year-old iconic ’80s star had been staying with his mother, Judy, who placed the emergency call early Wednesday morning. She reportedly tells the operator her “son is dead” and “not breathing,” adding that she doesn’t “know what’s wrong.”
When the operator tells Judy to give Corey chest compressions, she tells him, “I don’t know what I’m doing. I’m pressing, I’m pressing — but he’s not moving.”
Corey was still alive when the ambulance arrived at the Oakwood apartments around 1 A.M., but was pronounced dead upon arrival at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Burbank, Calif.
Although Corey had been in and out of rehab more than 15 times in his life, TMZ reported the LA County Coroner’s Office found he had an enlarged heart and pulmonary congestion, which caused water to become trapped in his lungs and could have led to his death.
- EXCLUSIVE! ‘Two Coreys’ Exec. Producer: Corey Was ‘Facing His Demons To Better His Craft’
- Corey Feldman Remembers His Best Friend: Corey Haim Was ‘A Wonderful, Beautiful, Tormented Soul’
- A Look Back At The Ladies Who Loved Corey Haim
- Haunting Video of Corey Haim — He Says, ‘I’m Going To Die’
- EXCLUSIVE! Corey Haim’s Neighbor: ‘He Looked Alive When He Was Wheeled Out’
- Remembering Corey — A Look Back At Actor Corey Haim In Photos & Video