Poor R-Patz! 'Remember Me' Is Bombing At The Box Office This Weekend!

Sun, March 14, 2010 1:43pm EDT by 17 Comments
Courtesy of Summit Entertainment

Courtesy of Summit Entertainment

What happened, BFFs? Why didn’t you see Remember Me?

What a bummer! We thought that with huge hits like Twilight and New Moon under his belt, Robert Pattinson would be box-office king once again with Remember Me… but an estimate for the weekend reveals the movie isn’t doing so well. According to a report from Reuters, Remember Me has taken in $8.3 million so far (not including Sunday), which puts the movie in fourth place for the weekend.

Alice in Wonderland is once again sitting pretty at No. 1 with $62 million, while Matt Damon‘s Green Zone is taking second place with $14.5 million. Even the comedy She’s Out of My League is beating R-Patz’s new drama with $9.6 million!

Talk to us, BFFs! Why didn’t you check out R-Patz in Remember Me this weekend?

1. WATCH!  Robert Pattinson’s New Role – Weather Man?
  2. Meet Our Latest HollyHunk Kevin Zegers – The Next Robert Pattinson-in-Training!
  3. Robert Pattinson Had to Miss Kristen Stewart’s Big Premiere of ‘The Runaways!’
  4. Here It Is!  The Full ‘Eclipse’ Trailer!  Who’s Hotter – Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner?
  5. Breaking News! Kristen Stewart Walks The Red Carpet For Robert Pattinson At ‘Remember Me’ Premiere!

jaye

Posted at 8:09 PM on May 3, 2010

All movies do not die the opening weekend. Some people are just plain dumb. Remember Me has more than made it’s production budget. It made money. The Runaways on the other hand is probably going to DVD. I don’t see a whole lot of interest developing the longer it just lingers out in no man’s land. They really didn’t promote this movie well. The Runaways cost 10 million to make not 3. The Twilight fans for the most part are in la la fantasy land and prefer to think of the actors as Bella and Edward rather than people who can do other things. The problem with calling a movie a bomb is the U.S. market has instilled in people that if a movie makes less than 100 million in the U.S. market it’s not successful; that is a load of crap. Any movie that makes money is successful; that’s evident by the fact that these studios keep giving roles to people who couldn’t pull in 100 million in the U.S market if their lives depended on it. Money is money whether it’s the U.S. market or foreign. Remember me has a $16 million budget according to box office mojo and has made over 46 million worldwide and all the figures aren’t in yet.

epatzr

Posted at 2:43 AM on March 27, 2010

I noticed in these comments that the people who haven’t seen the movie are very negative about it and not really having an opinion that is knowledgeable because they have not witnessed. Of those people who have seen it, I have not heard one negative comment. I have seen it 3 times and loved it totally and plan to see it again. Do yourself a favour, go see this movie and you will be very happy you did. Its warm, emotional, real and just plain good. The actors do amazing performances. Such talent all in one movie. And of course Rob did such a good job.

Valerie

Posted at 8:08 PM on March 15, 2010

It bombed big time. Summit was expecting an easy $25-30 million at minimum. Everyone in the industry knows it. When they checked out Rob’s IMDB starmeter for the week and saw that he wasn’t in the top 10 and that he nor this movie were getting significant buzz on Twitter, they came out with that $8-10 million crap. Some of you are in denial. This movie played wide (2200 screens is wide), had a budget of $16 million and another $10 million or more was likely spent on marketing. Most indie films play at around 10 theaters and only go wide if there’s an audience. They also usually cost $10 million or less. This movie will probably make around $3 million this weekend, so it’s doubtful that it will make it’s budget domestically. They can only hope it does well overseas. I’m going with a group of 12 friends to see “The Runaways”. Even though it’s only in 10 cities, I think it can beat $3 million so I declare Kristen the winner. Maybe she or Anna Kendrick will invite him as their date to a future Oscar night because he surely won’t be nominated. Also, shame on the writer of “Remember Me” for exploiting a tragedy and its victims. The real hate should be towards him.

vickithreedogcat

Posted at 5:35 PM on March 15, 2010

I’m still deciding if I want to go see it or wait for it to come out on DVD. It’s a girly flick, my husband won’t go see it that is for sure. He can’t stand any of the Twilight movies.

Maxi

Posted at 2:41 PM on March 15, 2010

I haven’t seen it and won’t see it. I just don’t like the actress Emily deravin they should have picked a better leading lady. She is so boring.

Joni

Posted at 10:12 AM on March 15, 2010

I thought Roberts movie was fabulous and can he act
It is ashame that people can not see what a remarkable
actor he is.I hope he doesn’t get discouraged about what the
press is saying because what do they know anyway.

debbie

Posted at 12:08 AM on March 15, 2010

I did go see it .And going again tonight SO dont know what your saying IT WAS A VERY GOOD MOVIE and im not the only one who thinks that there is A LOT of people who has said it was good Robert Pattinson is a very GOOD actor.HE is #2 in box office( # 2 ) I think that is very good .

Guest

Posted at 9:18 PM on March 14, 2010

Perhaps you should talk about Matt Damon’s movies bombing. I am not a fan of Robert, however Matt’s movies always bomb except the Bourne series. His movie cost 100 million and took in 14 million. All of Matt’s movies bomb big time and no one says a word? What gives? I am so tired of this guy being so big and not deserving his money.

mike

Posted at 5:41 PM on March 14, 2010

Proof that people like Edward, not Robert Pattinson.

rsd

Posted at 5:04 PM on March 14, 2010

I went to see the movie twice. The theater was packed. It is a low budget film and it is playing in fewer theaters. It met the expectations, so I don’t think that qualifies as “bombed.” Hollywood Life: statistics must be based on certain fundamentals. Divide each movie gross $$ by the number of theaters it is playing in + take away some for the higher rates charged by IMAX and 3D theaters. It’s simple math, and YOU bombed!

THC

Posted at 9:11 PM on March 14, 2010

Since when is $16 Million “low-budget”. Low-budget is Kristen Stewart movies that are made for like $3 Million only. That’s low-budget, and those only end up been seen in 9 theaters. This movie was shown in 2,200 theaters, that’s a LOT. And based on the per-theater-attendance lots of theaters were half empty. YOU do the math. This was a bomb. Sorry to break the news to you honey.

becca

Posted at 4:54 PM on March 14, 2010

I THINK IT IS SO SAD THAT TWILIGHT FANS DIDN’T SUPPORT THIS MOVIE! THE TWILIGHT CURSE…ONLY WANT TO SEE HIM AS EDWARD? Loved the movie! saw it 3 times. Will go see many more times insupport of Rob. Think I’ll skip on seeing the last installments of Twilight. I love the books and Rob. but hate the fame game. I now think most twihards are shallow and selfish!!!

Autumn

Posted at 4:48 PM on March 14, 2010

I was wondering the same thing, where are your BFFs? I’ve been to see “Remember Me” 1 1/2 times. A friend of mines had to rushed to ER right in the middle of the movie. After getting her help, I returned to the theater to see the entire movie. I’m going back to see the movie again. I loved it. I laughed, got angry, enjoyed the love, and cried. All I can say is, when dealing with young people the meaning of the movie may have been more than they can handle, and Alice is more their speed. Maturity raises up it’s ugly head. LOL I loved the movie. The end was a tear jerker that brought back painful memories, but sometimes so is life.

Amy

Posted at 3:43 PM on March 14, 2010

Sensationalist much?

It’s a low budget ($16 million) film. Summit expected it to make $8 – $10 million this weekend. It’s within its range. Plus, it was shown in just about 2200 screens nationwide.

I know this is Hollywood Life, and that no one should expect a lot of journalistic integrity from you.. but seriously, do some research.

To Amy

Posted at 9:18 PM on March 14, 2010

1) $16 Million is NOT low-budge, $3Million is low-budget.

2) Are you kidding me, you think 2,200 theaters is small? The average film gets seen in theaters much, much, much less. Only movies expected to make like $15-$20 Million get shown in theater counts that high. Remember Me under performed.

3) Summit said they expected only $8-10 Million from an actor who comes from a billion dollar franchaise? Have you ever heard of the word “spin”? That’s what both you and Summit are doing right now. Trying to spin the story from reality.

ruz bradley

Posted at 3:19 PM on March 14, 2010

First of all, we had a storm and lots us of lost our electricity. It issn’t Rpattz fault if the writing is not good. He just wants to work and it’s only a film. deCaprio made a bomb after Titanic and he’s still going strong. Courage, Rob!!

MrsPattinson

Posted at 2:37 PM on March 14, 2010

Um… i DID see it! And it was AMAZING!!! Can’t believe more ppl havent seen it! U guyz r MISSING OOOUT!!!