How gorgeous did Sandra Bullock look clutching her golden Oscar?
Sandra Bullock couldn’t have looked more beautiful accepting her Oscar on Mar. 7. The second she walked onto the red carpet her bright lips stood out and signaled that she was there to win it. “We really were not going to go with color,” says Sandra’s makeup artist Angela Levin. “But we were just hanging out and I was showing her the colors Chanel had sent me and I’m like ‘look at what a gorgeous red!’ Next thing I know, Sandra puts it on her lips and goes ‘this is awesome.’ And that’s what it ended up being!” Luckily for Sandra, this last minute decision was a total knockout. “I wanted to do a special, memorable look,” Angela says. “I wanted her to look like a movie star because I believed tonight was her night.”
- For Sandra’s lips, Angela used Chanel Rouge Coco #22 Paris in a dabbing motion on her lips. “It’s a fabulous color – a red with pink in it. I went for glamour but with a modern twist to it. I didn’t do a lip liner,” Angela says. “I wanted the lip to look like she just put it on herself. I left it kind of dewy.”
- For anyone who has ever struggled to complement a bold lipstick to their cheeks, Angela has an amazing trick. “I took the lipstick and I put a little bit of it on my finger and put it on her cheek and made that her blush color as well,” Angela says. “I wanted Sandra’s cheeks to be kind of strong. It’s just beautiful.”
- Angela usually concentrates on Sandra’s eyes but opted for a more muted eye to complement the gorgeous pinkish red lipstick. “I didn’t do traditional eyeliner. I did a very soft lining around her eye,” Angela says. “I used a grey satiny eye shadow on the outer corner of her eyes and a brown color to soften around the top and bottom lids. I just shaped the eyebrow a little bit.”
- “I hardly ever use waterproof mascara but tonight I said ‘I’m going to use waterproof mascara just in case,’” Angela says. Good thing considering we spotted Sandra tearing up during her acceptance speech! “I just did one coat and then brushed her eyelashes out.”
- “To warm everything up and make it sort of fabulous, I used my favorite bronzer Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel in Desert Corail. I just used a big brush and ran it all over Sandra’s face just to warm everything up and make it healthy and gorgeous,” Angela says. – Marta Topran