Want to know how Molly stayed gorgeous while saying ‘I do’ in the rain? Celeb makeup artist Mally Roncal spills her Bachelor wedding beauty secrets!
The Bachelor stars Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney planned a fairy tale wedding that you’ll all be able to see on ABC on Monday, Mar. 8. Little did they know that a huge rain storm would pour all over their outdoor Palos Verde, CA wedding! But, thanks to celebrity makeup artist Mally Roncal, Molly stayed looking gorgeous through ‘I do.’ “We were not worried about the rain at all because everything Mally Beauty makes is totally bullet proof,” Mally says. After the downpour, Molly and her bridesmaids only needed a quick dry down. “We had white towels and we patted their faces dry and they went out to the reception,” Mally says. Their makeup was totally in place! They did, however need to get their hair redone.
Molly gave Mally full control of her wedding day look. “I wanted to give Molly a look of a classic bride but with a modern, sexy twist,” she says. “What that meant was a very pretty, soft eye. A lot of beautiful lashes, very glowing healthy skin and a soft nude kissable lip.” Mally gifted the newlywed with all of the products she used. “I gave her the whole thing and she was so happy. She was like ‘now I can recreate my wedding look every single day.’”
Here’s how Mally got Molly wedding day perfect!
- To create a perfect canvas for makeup on Molly’s face, Mally prepped her skin with Mally Beauty Perfect Prep Eye Primer and Mally Beauty Poreless Perfection Face Primer. “I love to use these on every celebrity client and everyone I do,” Mally says.
- Mally Beauty Cancellation Concealer System came next. “Molly looked pretty good for a bride that was up the night before but obviously everyone can use a little brightening underneath the eyes,” Mally says.
- “A little secret was I set it with my Visible Skin Adjustable Coverage Foundation which really gives great coverage as well without looking too heavy but its almost a great insurance that your foundation is going to stay put especially during an outdoor wedding. I didn’t use any powder. I don’t really like regular translusent setting powder, I find they make you look very grey especially in pictures,” Mally says.
- “As a base for her eye shadow to make them really sparkle, I used a shadow called Twlight from the Mally Beauty “Mally’s Secrets” 9pc Collection that I have in my line that really helps the lids look soft and really smooth. I curled the lashes and used a waterproof eyeliner in black velvet,” Mally says. “Molly liked my waterproof eyeliner because she really liked the super black payoff and the fact that its waterproof really helped. I used it in the inner rim of the eye as well as the outer lashes.” Mally finished off her lids with a set of false lashes that she adhered with waterproof glue.
- For Molly’s rosy wedding cheeks, Mally used a combination of cream and powder blushes. “This really helps it to be bullet proof,” Mally says.
- Mally gave Molly a few pointers on keeping her lips pretty throughout the ceremony. “I told her, ‘it’s kind of nice not to full on make-out at your wedding day.’ She definitely agreed they were going to do a nice kiss,” Mally says. “I also used a special lip gloss from the Mally Beauty “Mally’s Secrets” 9pc Collection that I make called high shine liquid lip stick, it has a primer a full color lipstick and a lip gloss all in one so it really helps it to last a long time,” Mally says. - Marta Topran