Meryl Streep, I Really Want 2010 To Be Your Oscar Year!

Thu, March 4, 2010 2:28pm EDT by 8 Comments
Getty Images

Getty Images

Some people still think of Meryl Streep as a big Oscar winner — but I think of her as the Susan Lucci of The Academy Awards! Year after year, Meryl’s name gets called as a nominee, and over and over, the cameras pan to her, as she claps gracefully while another actress accepts her golden statue.

I’ve had enough! Do I think Meryl REALLY deserves to win for her performance as Julia Child in Julie & Julia? Not particularly. But for all the movies I DO think she deserved the win for: Out of AfricaAdaptation, and The Devil Wears Prada, I really think Meryl deserves to finally win her Oscar!

Did you know she has been nominated for an Academy Award 16 times, but only won TWICE? And every time I mention, “Meryl Streep never wins an Oscar!” someone inevitably starts going off about Kramer V. Kramer.  Yeah, that was in 1979! I wasn’t even born yet! Maybe people think  Meryl is a big Oscar winner because she’s been nominated SO many times … but as long as I’ve been around, she’s been sidelined.

Meryl’s an actress who has influenced those of us born in the ’80s as much as she did those born in the ’60s! And I want to see Meryl win one of these things before she is too old to walk up on the stage and accept! Academy, if you’re listening, the “Meryl for Oscars 2010″ campaign has officially begun!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com in Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

orlando gold buyer

Posted at 11:12 AM on April 12, 2012

You realize therefore considerably relating to this matter, produced me in my opinion consider it from numerous numerous angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be fascinated except it’s one thing to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs nice. All the time handle it up!

Numidia!

Posted at 1:18 PM on March 5, 2010

This is completely true!! I agree 1000%

Meryl finally deserves her Oscar!!

It’s Time!!!! She’s the Best actress in all the World!!!!

Meryl I love you honey!!!

vip

Posted at 12:56 PM on March 5, 2010

it is a real shame that Meryl hasn’t been given her 3rd Oscar. If sh loses out again, I will seriously sue the Academy.

Mickey

Posted at 11:18 PM on March 4, 2010

“So really, someone else can take it this year.”

Absolutely not… and especially not Sandra Bullock.

Roxanne

Posted at 8:50 PM on March 4, 2010

I’ve been out there on the LA Times as one of her many fans, saying my bit and hoping against all hopem that finally justice will be done this year and continue for la Streep.

But it seems so overwhelming of late, this Oscar, mediocre and mediocrity patting each other on the back at the expense of greatness.

Over the years Meryl’s Oscars have been given to many. Let’s hope 2010 isn’t one of them…

Chin up Born-80′s Meryl fan, from a Born 60′s Meryl’s fan. We do transcend the generations, sweetheart, we really do, testimony to the genious of the Greatest Actress Of All Times!

Chin up, whatever happens… this weekend.

karen

Posted at 3:17 PM on March 4, 2010

i really hope meryl wins this year. she is really one of the best EVER and only have two oscars….

a little bit late ;) but i really hope it!

Corynne

Posted at 4:29 PM on March 4, 2010

haha, I know! my passion for this didn’t really kick in until this morning for some reason, or I would have written it earlier! but it hit me like a tidal wave: MERYL HAS TO WIN!

Jess

Posted at 2:50 PM on March 4, 2010

She’s won twice and nominated 16 times…I think Meryl knows that’s an accomplishment in itself. It’s not like she’s never won, like Susan Lucci’s case. So really, someone else can take it this year.