‘American Idol’ Recap: I’m Pretty Upset. That Was Two Hours Of My Life I'll Never Get Back!

Wed, March 3, 2010 1:13pm EST by 8 Comments

Based on last night’s performances, do you think any of the top 10 guys have a shot in heck of winning Idol this year?

Wow. After last week’s all-around dismal performances, I didn’t think American Idol could get any worse. And then it did. Pretty much all of the top 10 guys — excluding Big Mike and mullet boy Alex Lambert (his video is above) — were brutal last night.

To their credit, the boys had to sing a night earlier than anticipated because one of the top female contestants, Crystal Bowersox, was too ill to perform. Nevertheless, not even time could have helped these guys — they made the wrong song choices (Aaron Kelly, why did you sing ‘My Girl?!’), were pitchy (Tim Urban, we’re talking about you!) and downright boring (sorry, Casey James).

Even my beloved, reformed gangster Andrew Garcia, sucked with his rendition of James Morrison‘s ‘Save Yourself.’ Like the judges, I’m starting to wonder if he’ll ever be able to achieve the level of brilliance he displayed during Hollywood week with his cover of Paula Abdul‘s ‘Straight Up.’ If he wants to wow the world next week, Andrew should let loose his inner Michael Jackson like he did in this video.

As for the others, they need suggestions, too. What would you have the guys sing next week? Do YOU think there is any hope for the top ten guys?

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

joe2

Posted at 3:00 PM on March 4, 2010

I think there is hope for some of the guys. Many of them have great voices, they are picking the wrong songs. Not sure what I’ve have them singing, but I feel at this point they need to know what their strong suit is. Like the judges keep saying, “show us what kind of recording artist you would be”… These guys are all over the map. C’mon, it’s really not like they’ve just started singing.

tellmemore

Posted at 2:52 PM on March 4, 2010

The girls were way better than the boys last night. Crystal is my top pick.

Ashlee

Posted at 12:35 AM on March 4, 2010

I have to admit, the only person I will buy from Itunes is Alex. I could listen to him ALL day. And Lee too. I’ll buy his as well!

simonsays

Posted at 9:34 PM on March 3, 2010

oh. and casey james totally has an attitude now. maybe he got knocked down a peg or more last night.

simonsays

Posted at 9:32 PM on March 3, 2010

lets hope the girls are better than the guys last night. even simon seems like he is over the whole thing. things better get better or else this show is done for.

yeahright

Posted at 7:06 PM on March 3, 2010

They were all pretty terrible with the exception of big Mike.

scarla

Posted at 3:56 PM on March 3, 2010

Kirstin,
American Idol has hit a new low. Those pathetic ‘green bananas’ (thank you Ellen) have no chance of winning anything except a Justin Bieber look-a-like contest.
Teen Idol….I’ll pass. This is what I gave up Lost for !

Stacy P

Posted at 3:26 PM on March 3, 2010

love this season but am totaly in love with Adam. Check this out I just found a new video of him.