Jay Leno Starts Tonight! Will You Watch Sarah Palin, Adam Lambert, and Meredith Vieira This Week?

Mon, March 1, 2010 5:25pm EDT by 34 Comments

030110_jayleno_544

Tonight’s the night: Jay is back at the helm of the Tonight Show. Are you going to watch?

It’s back to work for Jay Leno! Tonight he’s hosting the Tonight Show for the first time since May 29, 2009, and it marks his return to late-night TV after Conan O’Brien was forced off the show in January. Will it be back to business-as-usual at NBC? Tune in at 11:35 pm to find out!

Special guests tonight are Jamie Foxx, Olympian Lindsey Vonn, and singer-songwriter Brad Paisley.

The rest of the week is loaded with ratings-grabbing celebs: Tuesday Mar. 2 is Sarah Palin, Shaun White and Adam Lambert. Wednesday Mar. 3 is our favorite fist-pumpers from the Jersey Shore plus Avril Lavigne, and Thurs. Mar. 4 features Matthew McConaughey and Brett Favre. Leno finishes off the week with Morgan Freeman and Meredith Vieira.

While we are interested in what Jay is going to say tonight, we are REALLY looking forward to Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35 am — our fave heartthrob vampire Robert Pattinson is on tonight!

Are you going to watch Jay’s return to late night, or are you still on Team Conan?

Read more about Jay Leno:

1. Hollywood Is Team Conan! And So Is HollywoodLife.com!!
  2. NBC’s Shocking Decision! Reports Say Jay Leno Pushes Out Conan O’Brien & Takes Back ‘The Tonight Show!’
  3. Leno VS Conan — It’s A Late Night War Of Words! Who Do You Think Is Winning?
  4. Conan Throws Down the Gauntlet: If You Move Me to 12:05, I’m Outta Here!
  5. Jay Leno, Conan O’Brien, Jimmy Fallon — You Made Great Comedy Last Night Out of NBC’s Errors!

els

Posted at 12:25 PM on March 2, 2010

Yes, I will watch because of Adam Lambert.

Deb

Posted at 12:06 PM on March 2, 2010

Wouldn’t miss Adam for anything, guess I will just have to suffer through Sarah Palin so I don’t miss him-at least she is not the vp with a chance to become pres.

momshell

Posted at 11:55 AM on March 2, 2010

I’ll be watching Adam Lambert and whoever invites him to their shows.

Halola

Posted at 11:51 AM on March 2, 2010

I will only watch the one and ONLY one the Amazing Adam Lambert.

Julie

Posted at 11:45 AM on March 2, 2010

Can’t wait to see Adam!

number8gurl

Posted at 11:10 AM on March 2, 2010

Wow. Same as everyone else. I will only be watching to see Adam. I don’t watch much television anyway but I always try to tune in if Adam is going to be on…whatever show it is! I loved the chemistry between Adam and Jay when he was on the Jay Leno Show back in December. It was awesome! And YES to anyone who hasn’t seen the acoustic Whole Lotta Love from the Indio concert this past weekend you should definitely check it out. He was amazing!

willamp

Posted at 11:09 AM on March 2, 2010

Only watching to see Adam Lambert. I am definitely Team Conan!

Dawn

Posted at 11:02 AM on March 2, 2010

Anything that Adam is scheduled to appear on, I’ll ABSOLUTELY be watching it!!!!!!

Kayanga

Posted at 10:40 AM on March 2, 2010

I will only watch when Adam is on, after that… no.

Michelle

Posted at 9:56 AM on March 2, 2010

I will WATCH when Lambert is on!!! But after that…NO!

IMM

Posted at 9:32 AM on March 2, 2010

As others have said, I watch late night based on guest list mostly. I’m very interested in Lambert, think Shaun White it a cool talented dude, and Sarah Palin needs to be kept an eye on too IMO (and not for good reasons), so I’m happy to tune in. Did anyone notice last night that Leno returned to the format of having guests sit on the couch throughout the other guests, and then after the musical guest, Brad Paisley, both guests, Foxx & Vonn, walked over WITH Jay at the end to shake hands w/ Paisley. If that format holds true for tonight, we’ll get to see possibly a brief interaction between Palin & Lambert. I’m not a Palin hater, but w/ all the bullying stories in the news lately, maybe Lambert’s “make love not war” mentality is what we need more off and Palin’s message is what we need less of.

MaryL

Posted at 9:29 AM on March 2, 2010

I will definitely tune in to watch Adam Lambert. I watch every show that he is on – even when he was on The View. He’s the most amazing performer I have EVER seen. We love you Adam!

Karin

Posted at 8:35 AM on March 2, 2010

Honestly, I watch late shows based on the guests. When Adam Lambert is on a show, I tune in to whatever show that is! Thanks Jay!

Jada

Posted at 8:27 AM on March 2, 2010

I only want to see Adam.

Diana

Posted at 6:37 AM on March 2, 2010

I commend Jay for having the good sense to have Adam Lambert as a guest. I usually don’t watch the show, but will definitely tune in to see Adam. In case you haven’t noticed, Adam’s fans are extremely loyal. We love the guy!

Deb

Posted at 4:07 AM on March 2, 2010

hey, i’ve always like jay leno! i think he has a warm personality and he’s really fun. i feel bad for all the bashing he’s been getting regarding conan (really like him too)…but the show must go on! that being said…way to come back…with ADAM LAMBERT!! WOOO HOOOOO!!! i’ll watch ANY show to catch a glimpse of that beautiful man….aaahhhhhh!!!

Tagrid

Posted at 3:55 AM on March 2, 2010

Sure, I’ll watch Leno – EVERY TIME HE HAS ADAM ON – but ONLY if Adam is on. Looking forward to seeing Shaun White too – odd having Palin on with Adam and Shaun. Wondering how that will be “handled.”

sylvia

Posted at 3:15 AM on March 2, 2010

I’ve never tuned in but since Adam Lambert is going to be on I will definitely tune in…what an articulate young man he is and a sensational singer.

ianaleah

Posted at 3:00 AM on March 2, 2010

We’ll watch Tuesday to see Adam Lambert, definitely.

terie

Posted at 2:55 AM on March 2, 2010

Jay & ADAM seemed to hit it off quite nicely when ADAM was a guest. I will DEFINITELY watch to see & hear ADAM sing. Saw his Whole Lotta Love on Youtube that he performed ACOUSTICALLY at his SOLD OUT first concert at Fantasy Springs Resort & Casino and it was GENIUS! I’ll watch ANY program that ADAM is on!!!!

Dark Willow

Posted at 2:26 AM on March 2, 2010

Love Jay cause he loves Adam, will def. watch because of the amazing Adam Lambert.

Emily

Posted at 2:22 AM on March 2, 2010

jay is fun most of the time- definitely watch adam lambert, he is amazing- check out the youtubes of his fantasy spring concert, His acoustic, yes acoustic Whole lotta Love is unbelievable. Will not watch sarah Palin, she’s brainless, thank goodness for dvds.

kumulus

Posted at 1:52 AM on March 2, 2010

I have always watched Leno, and will def continue doing so. And can’t wait to see Adam!! Thanks for having him on again!!

Winter

Posted at 1:42 AM on March 2, 2010

Can’t wait to watch Leno but only because he had such great rapport with Adam Lambert. Those two kicked back like old buddies and it was so hilarious when Leno made Adam Lambert blush! Leno and Lambert all the way. I’m going to record it so I don’t have to listen to Palin.

Nina

Posted at 1:33 AM on March 2, 2010

Normally wouldn’t have watched Leno (or Conan) in either time slot, but since Adam is on…however, I’ll pass on the Palin part. Thank the tech gods for DVRs. Craig Ferguson is far more entertaining than both Leno and O’Brien anyway. Can’t wait for Adam to be on his show.