BACHELOR SHOCKER! Jake PROPOSES to Vixen Vienna! Ali is the New Bachelorette!

Mon, March 1, 2010 10:17pm EST by 16 Comments
ABC (2)

ABC (2)

Do you think Jake Pavelka made a major mistake?

Could this be the most shocking conclusion to ABC’s The Bachelor ever? On tonight’s tension-taut finale, Jake Pavelka broke 23 hearts — or more like 23 MILLION — when he actually chose to propose to Vienna Girardi over Tenley Molzhan.

That’s Vienna, of course, the Florida vixen whose unsavory past became a gossip cottage industry unto itself!

How did it all go down? First, Jake had to let go of Tenley. “I love that we have the same morals, the same values and the same temperment. Just your positivity, you’re just perfect — but I don’t know what it is, something just doesn’t feel right,” Jake told Tenley as he dumped her.

And Jake wasn’t above a bit of misdirection at the moment of maximum suspense. He left us thinking he might dump Vienna too when he returned a promise ring she’d just given him … only to replace it with the engagement ring. Oh. Em. Jesus Christ, Jake.

“I think you’re an amazing woman, absolutely amazing,” he told Vienna. “I love you. I love you with everything that I am.”

And then he got down on one knee, and asked her to marry him. “Oh my God,” said Vienna. “Yes, yes.” Cue “On the Wings of Love”

And is Bachelor reject Ali Fedotowsky, 25, the next to find true love? She’ll sure be trying as the new Bachelorette … stay tuned!

(polls)

Get More on The Bachelor:

1. Do You Think Rozlyn Papa Was Attacked On The Bachelor Girls Tell All Episode?
  2. Bachelor Lorenzo — Vienna’s Vixen Ways Don’t Matter, Love Has the Ability to Change People!
  3. Rozlyn Papa’s Accusers Have Made Contradicting Claims! Were They Lying Then … Or Now?

yelley

Posted at 7:13 AM on March 6, 2010

YES, he made the right decision. Ali was a real manipulating, hateful, jealous B! I’m glad he didn’t let her come back because the BS she told him that if she didn’t leave the Show, she would lose her job was a BIG LIE!! Making her the next Bachelorette is a BIG MISTAKE!! I certanily won’t be watching the Show with Ali on it. Tenley was just too annoying with that Whiney voice and she was also a HATER of Vienna’s, just like the rest of the girls. I’m happy that Jake did not listen to them and chose Vienna instead. They said on the After The Rose Ceremony Show that they have been together for 3 months. That’s because the Show is taped much sooner than we see it on TV. I’m happy for them and I hope he and Vienna make it and eventually become happily married. If it doesn’t work out, so what? It won’t be the first time an engagement was broken and it won’t be the last!

Karen

Posted at 3:47 PM on March 5, 2010

Vienna is disgusting – She looks and acts like a man — Perhaps Jake likes that type and good for him — I really believe that if that other girl who slept with “the Producer” did not get canned, she would have been Jakes chioce — Jake probably likes the slutty type of girl — He should put that Vienna on a wire when he travels for work — Or she will be the yellow star of Texas — Not sure if anyone saw the spring break pics published recently — Her tongue and “coconuts” were hanging out in mostly every picture — I AM DONE WITH THE BACHELOR FOR GOOD — And I have watched it from the start –

Angie

Posted at 1:52 PM on March 4, 2010

I agree one hundred percent with the choice Jake made and I saw it coming during the last three shows. Tenley had no chance at all I mean look at her she is to perfect and that is scary. I’ve been marreied for 14 years and I think is due to the realism about me and just like Vienna I will tell people what I really think about them. One think I know for sure is like we all know people just can’t take the truth. When someone tells them they will more likely be hated on. So good job Jake on your choice its all about been real. Something nowadays people are missing.

Lilac

Posted at 7:32 AM on March 4, 2010

I knew when it was down to the last 4 girls that he was in love with Vienna. I could see it and feel it. Jake and Vienna if you read this, I am very happy for you and I know that you are truly in love. Tenley did not create that spark in him at all. When Jake was with Vienna he lit up like a Christmas tree and so did she. I think the girls didnt like her in the house because they knew on some level that she was the match for Jake and didnt want to admit it. I feel alot of people are judging Vienna without even knowing her and that is not right. She seems like a wonderful person. I do not like how they picked Ali to be the new Bacherlorette, I agree with some others who think that they need to pick someone new. Ali couldn’t leave her job for Jake, but has all the time in the world to tape this show, seems a little whacked to me. Good luck Jake and Vienna, I wish you both many blessings and joy!

lisa

Posted at 5:02 AM on March 4, 2010

I feel like if jake went with his heart then thats all that matters and nobody should put vienna down in the first place because nobody even knows her jake knows her more then any of us it was his choice. so i feel like if you cant even give them support then dont even say anything i hope jake and vienna the best and i know if they get married they will love it because i know i love it.

Vera

Posted at 10:35 PM on March 3, 2010

I think he did is something about her that I’m not sure I don’t know we see what is going to happen….

getbacktowork

Posted at 2:44 PM on March 2, 2010

this wasn’t shocking at all except to people who were blinded by ali and had some odd obsession with taking vienna down. it was clear from the beginning that jake and vienna had something he didn’t have with any of the other girls, including ali. as vienna said, she’s not perfect, but they clicked. she was so sweet, and i loved when the daughter in laws cried and accepted her, and the mom apologized to her for jumping to conclusions and not giving her a chance! i mean, who could top tenley as a person- nobody, including ali- but, jake felt best and like himself with vienna, and that’s what counts. very happy for them!

Debbie

Posted at 1:07 PM on March 3, 2010

DITTO!!!!!! :)

getbacktowork

Posted at 2:35 PM on March 2, 2010

yay jake and vienna

mimi

Posted at 12:47 PM on March 2, 2010

jake is happy thats whats counts……mimi

Not Jake

Posted at 10:26 PM on March 1, 2010

Absolutely the worst Bachelor ever! I will find something else next season…I wasted sooooooo much time watching.

Cat

Posted at 3:15 PM on March 2, 2010

This was definitely the worst bachelor. He claims he has morals and then gets rid of Corrie the same day she said she was a virgin. Here I was watching this with my teenage daughter and saying how important it is to stay a virgin – then he dumps her. That was real nice! Then he picks Vienna who is very immature and self-centered. The truth will come out eventually and they will not last and he will see how she really is. Jake was obviously not using his “brain” on this pick.

Debbie

Posted at 1:06 PM on March 3, 2010

no ALI will be the worst BATCHELORETTE and doesn’t DESERVE to be there! She was a B** , mean and hateful and a LIAR FAKE just like Vienna SAID!
All of the sudden she’s “available” to be the batchelorette?? What happened to that IMPORTANT JOB she had???
What a JOKE!
I will NOT watch! She makes me SICK!
WHY don’t they pick someone NEW!

Sue

Posted at 7:03 PM on March 3, 2010

What a JOKE!
I will NOT watch! She makes me SICK!
WHY don’t they pick someone NEW!

I agree with Debbie.
I am not watching.

kristi

Posted at 1:36 AM on March 4, 2010

I know right what happened to Ali having to pick between her job & Jake and her “job” was more important cause she would’ve been fired if she didn’t go back but now all of a sudden she has time to do a whole show again…lol what nonsense!

Chanel

Posted at 11:55 AM on March 6, 2010

I agree with you! I can’t believe the network chose Ali
over Tenli. Ali appears to be unkind and lacking an interesting personality. I am disappointed that they didn’t choose someone better!