Scott-Vincent Borba spills his secrets about how celebs like Ashley Greene get their skin glowing in just seven days!
The final countdown to Oscars has begun! With just one week to go, it’s time for you to take some serious care of your skin. No one wants to be caught on the Oscar red carpet with a blemish or non-luminous skin! Scott-Vincent Borba, celebrity skincare guru and founder of Borba cosmeceuticals tells you what he tells his clients like Ashley Greene to do seven days before a big event!
- “This day is the most important, which is why the program starts seven days before your event. Day one will start with a mini-fast, consume no more than 1,000 calories . On the first day, you want to exfoliate twice, once in the morning, and once at night. This will jump-start your skin by sloughing off all the buildup and excess oils your skin has secreted, and trigger your skin to start creating new cells. Drink no less than 64 ounces of water. The water will help to flush your body and supply moisture to your cells. A total of one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil should be consumed. Food high in vitamins A, C, and E should be eaten to load the body with anti-oxidants. ”
- “Day two is a day for repair. 60 grams of protein should be eaten on this day (egg whites, skinless chicken breast, tofu + almonds) to give the body essential amino acids it needs to repair skin cells. Another 60-64 ounces of water should be drunk as well as a tablespoon of EVOO. From this point forward, avoid saturated fats and greasy/fried foods. ”
- “Day three will follow the same water and olive oil routine as day two, but will limit calorie intake to no more than 1,000 calories. Foods high in vitamins A, C, and E should be consumed. ”
- “Today we want to spot-treat all the problem areas including blemishes, sun spots and deep wrinkles. Blemishes can be targeted by a trip to the esthetician for extractions. Sun spots are slightly more tricky, but can be managed by products with high amounts of kojic acid. Finally, for deep wrinkles, nothing plumps them better than Borba Advanced Aging Deep Wrinkle Serum. Drinking 64 ounces of water and one tablespoon olive oil should continue. Your diet should be high in omega-3’s (salmon) to help power-pack your body with antioxidants so the spot treatments work. ”
- “Continue using the spot-treatment method. 60 ounces of water and one tbsp olive oil should continue. Foods high in A, C, and E should be consumed.”
- “Continue using the spot-treatment method. 60 ounces of water and one tbsp olive oil should continue. Foods high in A, C, and E should be consumed. A light exfoliation in the morning should take place.”
- “Continue using the spot-treatment method. 60 ounces of water and one tbsp olive oil should continue. Foods high in A, C, and E should be consumed. Your skin should be looking flawless and red carpet ready!” – Marta Topran