Lady Gaga's Ex Told Her She'd Fail! We Bet He Feels Stupid!

Thu, February 25, 2010 1:32pm EDT by 7 Comments

022510_lady_gaga_cosmo

Have YOU ever had an ex tell you that you’d fail?

The next time someone tells you they don’t believe in you, do what Lady Gaga did — prove them wrong! Gaga tells the March 2010 issue of Cosmopolitan magazine that one of her ex-boyfriends told her she’d never be famous or successful. “I had a boyfriend who told me I’d never succeed, never be nominated for a Grammy, never have a hit song and that he hoped I’d fail,” she says. “I said to him, ‘Someday, when we’re not together, you won’t be able to order a cup of coffee at the f***ing deli without hearing or seeing me.'” Those words became a reality and after six Grammy nominations, two wins and countless hit songs, this guy is definitely eating his words.

“I ate sh** for so long, being told I didn’t fit the mold and that I was ‘too pop’ or ‘too theater,” she said. “I’ve always been delusionally ambitious to the point  where people don’t understand me.”

And Gaga’s not the first big star to have a negative ex in her life. Mad Men‘s January Jones shared a similar story in the Nov. 2009 issue of GQ magazine. “The guy I was dating when I first got to L.A. was not supportive of my acting,” she said. “He was like, ‘I don’t think you’re going to be good at this. So f**k you! He only has nice things to say now. If anything, I should thank him. Because the minute you tell me I can’t do something, that’s when I’m most motivated.”

Have you ever had an ex do this to you? We want to know!

Luis

Posted at 3:28 PM on February 17, 2012

Keep up the fsatnatic piece of work, I read few blog posts on this website and I believe that your weblog is really interesting and holds lots of wonderful info .

Craig Eliot

Posted at 5:20 PM on February 25, 2010

She’s not a good singer. So in that sense—no matter how many awards she wins—her ex was actually right.

kayla

Posted at 2:00 PM on February 25, 2010

i think its ridiculous how she speaks about how “confident” and “liberated” she is. but confident and liberated women don’t need to take their clothes off all the time to make a point rather than letting their talent do it for them. confident and liberated women don’t usually date guys like that either. someone doesn’t seem so confident to me.

disco

Posted at 2:46 PM on February 25, 2010

Sometimes they are wolves in sheep clothing and you don’t find out until too late. THEN you dump their asses.

Taking your clothes off is part of the hollywood game. Don’t hate the player, hate the game

kayla

Posted at 3:25 PM on February 25, 2010

maybe so. and i do hate the game. but a woman who preaches how women shouldn’t be judged for looks should stop running her mouth and preaching it if she’s going to play the game as well.

sunbeam

Posted at 4:56 PM on February 25, 2010

Ouch. I don’t know, she seems pretty in charge to me. Not like a lot of other celebrities these days, male and female, who seem like sexually provocative puppets desperate for P.R. At least she has an artistic approach and an actual perspective. Let’s not confuse the Kardashians with an artist who is commenting on fame culture.

Cat

Posted at 5:03 PM on February 25, 2010

Wow, hostile much? I’m not even particularly a fan of Lady Gaga, but it’s a shame when women who aren’t afraid of embracing their sexuality are automatically accused of not being “liberated”. Are you kidding?