Does this PETA ad featuring the hunky Twilight star inspire YOU to adopt a pet?
Twilight‘s Kellan Lutz has teamed up with animal rights activist group PETA for its new campaign “Adopt, Don’t Buy”, and is encouraging each of his fans to adopt an animal in need — just like he did with his best friend, mixed breed puppy Kola.
“For the fans of Twilight that are out there who have so much love, give that love you have for these books and these characters to a pet if you don’t have one,” Kellan, 24, pleads in his PETA video.
The heartthrob — who plays vampire Emmett Cullen in the Twilight films — remembers when he first laid eyes on Kola at an animal shelter: it was puppy love at first sight. “Something spoke to me. She wanted a home,” he says. “I think she felt that I was the right owner for her. From that day on, I loved her. Kola is my best friend.”
And one very lucky dog, we might add.
Have YOU ever adopted a pet in need?
Get More on the Twilight crew:
- EXCLUSIVE! Dakota Fanning: I’m Still Figuring Myself Out!
- EXCLUSIVE! Joan Jett Tells Us Kristen Stewart Is ‘Down To Earth, Authentic & Warm!’
- We Called It! Kristen Stewart & Dakota Fanning Joined Joan Jett On Stage Last Night!
- Kristen Stewart Lands in Park City, Utah to Tear Up the Sundance Film Festival!
- Will Kristen Stewart Turn Up at Pal Joan Jett’s Sundance Film Festival Show This Saturday?
- FIRST LOOK: Are You Ready For Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning’s Girl-on-Girl Action in ‘The Runaways?’
- ‘The Runaways’ Trailer Is Here! Krist