Chris Brown On Tiger Woods: 'I Support Him'

Wed, February 24, 2010 1:58pm EST by 19 Comments
Getty Images (2)

Getty Images (2)

It figures that Chris – NOT the world’s leading expert on public image, FYI – is telling you to stop hating on adulterous golf pro Tiger Woods

Chris Brown has had his fair share of public scrutiny after getting served with five years of probation for his 2009 domestic assault of then-girlfriend Rihanna, so of course he’s siding with another wrong-doing public figure. The 20-year-old rapper told a radio show Feb. 24, he sympathizes with Tiger Woods‘ struggle to rebuild his reputation and thinks the world should leave the golf pro alone.

“I think, even with me, I do music, I sing songs, I’m an entertainer, I’m a performer, but people make mistakes,” Chris said in an interview on the radio show ‘Mojo in the Morning‘ Feb. 24. “So my hat is off to him — I support him, I hope he gets back on the field and does his thing, cause he is the best at it.”

Even though their scandals vary drastically in severity — Chris pleaded guilty to felony assault, while Tiger, 34, can’t be legally charged for cheating on his wife with an alleged 15 women — the abusive boyfriend compared his plight in the public eye to the pro-golfer’s.

“Whatever his personal life is – and I think this goes for me and him — his personal life is his personal life,” Chris explained.

Read More About Tiger Woods:

1. ‘Tiger’s Body Language Was Robotic and Contrived!’ An Expert Tells HollywoodLife.com
  2. INSTANT POLL! Would You Forgive Tiger if You Were Elin?
  3. Bonnie Says: Tiger Why Did You Blame The Press?

PYT

Posted at 9:47 AM on April 20, 2010

I think Chris Brown was wrong to do that, matter of fact nobody should be putting a title on Chris Brown, because everybody has made mistakes, I’m not saying its all right for him to do that. There is alot of tiger woods out there. I’m not on neither side, i’m just saying nobody cannot critisize without looking in the mirrior,i know for a fact that i’m not perfect.

josey

Posted at 3:28 PM on February 26, 2010

well ilove tiger woods and he just made a typical mystake chris brown,the same also SO GET OFF THEIR JOC GOSH

mimi

Posted at 11:59 AM on February 26, 2010

karma will come to you both, just wait………….mimi…….

LOUISE

Posted at 9:54 AM on February 25, 2010

CHRIS BROWN????
YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A LOW DOWN SO CALLED MUSICAN –BUT YOU ARE A WOMAN BEATER, YOUR SUPPORT OR YOUR OPINION DOES NOT MEAN CRAMP
TIGER IS A “HE WHORE” –NOT A WOMAN BEATER,LIKE YOU THAT IS 2 THING’S. NOT EXCUSING TIGER HE HURT,ELIN,KIDS,FAMILY,FAN’S
………BY CHASING AND SCREWING THOSE PIG’S- THEY KNOW HE WWAS MARRIED-WITH KID’S– SAME ON HIM—

CHRIS– YOU BODILY HURT A WOMAN, A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN .YOU SHOULD HAVE HIT A MAN- A MAN WOULD HAVE KICKED THAT ASS?? YOU LOW DOWN CHICKEN SH__T– YOU ARE SAME AS OJ.

luke

Posted at 8:53 AM on February 25, 2010

poor idiot!

dah

Posted at 8:43 AM on February 25, 2010

Chris Brown is someone you would want in your corner

if you are in a boxing match with a chick.

that guy is a bigger douche’ bag than Tiger.

Todd

Posted at 2:15 AM on February 25, 2010

Seriously? How slanted can you sleazy mud-slingers be? You sought CHRIS BROWN’S opinion of Tiger Woods? Simply by choosing Chris Brown, you have openly projected your bias. Why not ask a mass murder what they think about Mr. Woods, I’m sure that won’t influence public opinion either.

jose'

Posted at 1:07 AM on February 25, 2010

support is good, and if Chris Brown supports him..ummmm.so do I.

tim

Posted at 9:47 PM on February 24, 2010

LMAO!! Chris Brown is a 20 year old PUNK!!

Brown would do well to continue to stay out of the spotlite…LMAO again!!

Tiger’s gotit bad enough than to have this egocentric Dick Brown trying to rescue Tiger’s image!!!

If this is Tiger’s gang, then he’s gotit alot worse than expected!!!

Tim Smith

anbieb

Posted at 10:00 PM on February 24, 2010

WOW Tim it is so easy to judge when you are on the outside lokking in. If you ever make a mistake and hurt someone weather on purpose or in error, I pray you love ones will forgive you. keep living young man keep living and you will see what I mean

Pitch Blease!

Posted at 2:47 AM on February 25, 2010

People like these lowlifes are only sorry they got caught. If these women didn’t come forward (Tiger’s hos) he would continue to be a cheating douchebag. And Chris Brown hasn’t given a real apology yet (youtube doesn’t count you ass!) and not to mention, by the way he acts and from his new cd, he’s feeling like he’s completely innocent and everyone keeps blaming him.

amy

Posted at 9:28 PM on February 24, 2010

of course he supports him! Lowlifes have to stick together right? both of them are jerks!

Big Jim

Posted at 8:33 PM on February 24, 2010

I think the time has come to leave Tiger alone. He has admitted his mistake, more than suffered the consequences, and is now in the process of self and family healing. I give him much respect for facing the public and acknowledging what has happened. I may be only a lone person in america, but I personally feel Tiger has more than paid for his mistake. And, like myself and so many others who have made both big and small errors, we wish to look in the future to find resolution, and not in the past to find judgement. Tiger Wood’s final chapter in history has yet to be written. I believe his best is yet to come.

Annie

Posted at 7:00 PM on February 24, 2010

He made a lot of sense and is right. Even if I dislike Chris, I would have to agree on that. What’s going on between Tiger and his wife is theirs not ours. He cheated on his wife not us, we weren’t married to him. It’s his personal life.

too sexy

Posted at 2:44 PM on February 24, 2010

wow you guys are serious i cant believe you take this little interview twist everything chris says and make a big deal out if it smh
and yes i agree with him its his personal business he doesnt owe us the public anything….
leave chris bown alone et it go its 2010

Chris B 4eva

Posted at 2:19 PM on February 24, 2010

Why only take part of what Chris said and run with it.I listened to this interview and this is exactly why he didnt want to really comment on Tiger. He said as soon as he would say something about Tiger it would be blown up and taken too far. He didnt say anything wrong and im glad he kept his response simple. The kid is learning how the business work. Good for u Chris. He’s been in good spirits lately so im really happy for him. 2010 is looking good for you Chris. P.S. his new mixtape has been steady going strong since Valentine’s Day. His album Graffiti is still getting play too.

anbieb

Posted at 9:56 PM on February 24, 2010

I think CB is right about it being Tiger’s personal life, This should be between his wife and Tiger. The media is very cold, one day you are on top of the world, but the next they will eat you alive. Everybody needs a 2nd chance we all make mistakes, just so happens The Wood’s issues are on the front page. I don’t like what Chris Brown did, but even he deserves a 2nd chance.

frank

Posted at 10:04 PM on February 24, 2010

Looks like Chris Brown is looking to get a meal ticket in Tiger. Tiger thinks that the low life punk is sympathetic to him so they become friends. Then Chris hits him up with his ideas. Funding needed. Tiger got the cash. I think Tiger will come through this ok. Chris Brown is and will always be a loser.

RealTalk

Posted at 10:49 PM on February 24, 2010

Ok..this is ridic..they are both human and being that you will make mistakes, everyone makes mistakes and/or have demons that they must fight with. So all of you commenting negatively, think about that…I’m sure you have a dirty little secret you don’t want out. The issue with society is they view these celebrities as perfect, they are not. They are also NOT ROLE MODELS. They are human beings whom have selected entertainment in some form as their career. Therefore, they are scrutinized more than the rest of us. Chris did a good job at voicing his view on the situation. NO ONE IS PERFECT AND JUST BECAUSE U BELIEVE THAT DOESN’T MAKE YOU A BAD PERSON. Their personal life is thier own and their entitled to live it for them and that’s what it boils down to.