Brad & Angelina: Don't Your Kids Need School, Playdates & Routine – Not Traipsing Around the World?

Tue, February 23, 2010 7:49pm EDT by 25 Comments
Loading video...

Last week the Brangie brood was in Venice; this week they’re in Paris- but don’t kids need some stability and routine, as well as love?

Hey Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie — we know you’re loving, attentive  parents to your adorable six-pack. But, don’t your children need to have friends, school and stable — surroundings in their lives, especially as they get older? Going to the Superbowl and film premiers is pretty heady stuff for 8 year-old Maddox, but I bet he’d trade red carpets for a room to call his own, a chance to be on a soccer team and some regular playmates of his own age. Any mom like me knows that kids need regular schedules, naps and playmates besides their siblings, to be at their best. I hate to imagine the sib fighting that goes on with the Brangelina brood, cooped up in hotel rooms and private airplanes. What do you think BFFs? Watch my video and tell me what you think!

Email me! | Follow Hollywoodlife.com on Twitter | Become a Facebook fan

Read More About the Jolie-Pitts:

1. Daddy Brad Pitt’s little Thumbsuckers!
  2. Will The Real Knox Jolie-Pitt Please Stand Up?
  3. Baby Knox, You Look Just Like Your Dad Brad 2.0! And Shiloh’s Dressed Like a Boy Again!

Posted at 7:52 PM on February 26, 2010

Finally someone said the obvious about their kids’ frenetic lifestyle. If you’re going to have kids, you might have to adjust your own lifestyle to fit their needs…

getbacktowork

Posted at 4:36 PM on February 25, 2010

i agree that routine is best, so say all the experts. but, i also think that you shouldn’t have to be the cleavers to be allowed to have kids. they happen to have unique careers and are doing their best to make it all work for all of their brood and have the family together as much as possible. i’m sure they have their own specific routine that just isn’t like the rest of us are able to have. i think the kids always look peaceful and well-adjusted, so i am guessing they’ve got as good a chance as any kid has, to say the least.

terrix2000

Posted at 3:59 PM on February 25, 2010

Thank you LooLa! You said it all. Bonnie, you are becoming more and more annoying with each rant you give. You ask me what I think, I think you need to stop talking trash about Hollywood stars who do their best with what is given to them, including people like you who have no clue what their life is truly like. You are an uncreditable source of Hollywood news who needs to go away. My guess is, you are jealous, which shows in your vindictive reports.

LooLa

Posted at 12:03 PM on February 25, 2010

Are you serious Bonnie? Were you socialized? Routines, friends, school and community activities with no globe-trotting? It worked wonders for you didn’t it? Also super for Redmond O’Neal, Cameron Douglas and Paris Hilton wouldn’t you say? As for you, Bonnie apparently it turned you into a “Mom” who holds up photos of 3, 5, and 8 year children, not your own, to pick apart on the internet for a living. This after running two major sleazoid publications where IIRC you allowed invasive long lens photos of Maddox Jolie-Pitts 5th birthday party to be published, where he was PLAYING WITH OTHER CHILDREN. Swell, just swell. How are you going to explain what you do for a living to your kids?

Why would Brad and Angie allow their kids to be filmed playing with their friends or going to school (which they do in L.A.). As much as we see them we don’t see them much in Los Angeles when they are there. We don’t see their family dinners, Angie at pre-natal check-ups, yoga, lunching with her friends (yes, she has many friends) and other routine day-to-day stuff. I suppose you think the Jolie-Pitt kids have never been to the dentist since you have no photos to pick apart. It is bad enough when people like that other parent in the girls’ dance class call paparazzi and make comments to the rags about Zahara and Shiloh for publication. Do you think the girls were able to go back for the remaining 9 classes? And for what? Seeing her words in print.

What really do you haters expect of the Jolie-Pitts? Do you think they should demand parents sign confidentiality agreements so their kids can have a more normal life? GMAFB!!! Failing that why wouldn’t they want their kids with them while they work? If we were to see photos of your children as they were hunted by paparazzi what would we think Bonnie? Would your kids look freaked out like Kingston Rossdale or Suri Cruise or calm and composed like the Jolie-Pitt kids. If sucking their thumbs helps them deal with insane big people with cameras I say go for it.

Angie & Brad are doing the best they can in an impossible situation that people like you, Bonnie Fuller have exploited for five years. And may I say the photos of those little girls shopping with their Dad in Paris make me think they are incredibly well-behaved!! So after all what Brad and Angie are supposed to produce are healthy, well-adjusted, productive ADULTS in the end. If either of them is the example they are doing extremely well.

Kelly

Posted at 4:58 PM on February 26, 2010

Couldn’t have said it better myself LooLa! Bonnie, you need to get off your high horse and look within yourself instead of constantly bashing celebrities. And might I add, you are a horrible writer, you need to learn to spell (or at least use spell check) and you have no place in the world of journalism of any kind.

Anak

Posted at 11:51 AM on February 25, 2010

And they also need better clothes! OMG they are using trash!

Chrissy

Posted at 10:39 AM on February 25, 2010

I think every family does what works for them. I think its wonderful that these children get to experience a lot of different things that most people will never do in their lifetime. I was a “well traveled” child and I carry those experiences with me for the rest of my life. Angelina is a mom she knows whats best for her children I’m pretty sure they hang out with other kids.

Alexsmom

Posted at 10:08 AM on February 25, 2010

Leave that family alone! I think its a better idea they get home schooled. Kids are cruel to one another for no reason! So lets send them to school where they will be stared at and pointed at and a host of other things that will happen to them because their parents are who they are. If i had the choice to send my son to public school to get picked on by others so he can have your warped version of normality or get one on one schooled and go travel the world, Sign me up for global adventure !!! Its people like you who press their unwanted opinions of what is right for children that rip familys apart.

GoopyDrawers

Posted at 3:11 AM on February 25, 2010

B.S. Bonnie!! You should talk. You have been trashing these kids’ Mum on one tabloid or another for the last 5 years. You don’t know anything about these kids. Two years ago you were giving Jane Pitt high fives in that tabloid rag you “edited” for keeping Angelina away from Missouri and her family celebrations. How was that good for the Jolie-Pitt kids? How is seeing their Mum being cut down and de-humanized on the cover of a rag at the corner store good for them? Or on the internet?

The Jolie-Pitts have a routine. It just isn’t your routine. How do you know they don’t have playmates and school and activities? And if they don’t why would Angelina and Brad let their kids out in the world the way the media treats them? As Brad says the most important thing for them is to be together as a loving family.

pkz

Posted at 12:33 AM on February 25, 2010

I actually heard an interview with Brad once and he said the children are enrolled in an International School and they are all learning English and each of their languages….I think that just because the children aren’t photographed with other non celebrity children that doesn’t mean the older kids don’t have playdates have you ever heard of Army Brats? plus they have eachother…anyway all celebrity children either get raised by nannies or travel around the world with their parents

Mom

Posted at 11:30 AM on February 24, 2010

Perhaps they have a routine that you are unaware of. Just because it does not fit your definition of what is “normal” does not mean it is wrong. I personally think our school systems are severely lacking. One on one attention and following your own interests in education is far superior to the memorize and regurgitate approach. I believe they are trying to raise their children as citizens of the world and they will be better for it. I also admire their commitment to being with their children. In terms of socialization, school offers a rather unusual version of what to expect in real life.

Violet

Posted at 12:07 PM on February 24, 2010

Couldn’t agree with you more ‘Mom’ – thanks so much for your post.
-Violet

JJ

Posted at 11:03 PM on February 24, 2010

I know right?! I mean Bonnie seriously can’t be expectin’ for those kids to go to public school and somehow NOT get mobbed?

Violet

Posted at 11:23 AM on February 24, 2010

I think its wonderful that the children are getting the experience of travel. Seeing different parts of the world and understanding different cultures will open up their minds far more then any play dates ever could… If I had the means to do so, I would want to give my children experiential learning also. There will always be problems that come along with being a celebrity and having that recognition…I believe that will be their primary challenge…keeping the children ‘grounded’ while all eyes are on their every move.

mimi

Posted at 11:02 AM on February 24, 2010

and about thumbsucking??….dont worry, they do what their smaller siblings does, they will grow out of it, we dont see grown women sucking their thumbs in public…or do you?????…..mimi again..

mimi

Posted at 10:55 AM on February 24, 2010

I am sure that the kids will go to school when it is possible but for now its all right as it is…..there is also securety reasons……I would not let them out of my sight…and travelling , why not …life is to explore and the kids are very very lucky that they can do that with their parents……and dont go so hard on bonnie , she just want to hear your voice?

Lynn

Posted at 9:39 AM on February 24, 2010

playdates?? are you kidding? they have 6 kids at home they don’t need playdates. Homeschooling is great not just for rich and famous people but for regular people. There are so many benefits.
These kids can’t go to school with regular kids. They are receiving a better education already then you will ever be able to afford to give your kids. Don’t hate because you are jealous Bonnie.

andrew

Posted at 8:12 AM on February 24, 2010

Bonnie Fuller don’t you need to get a life of your own? Have you ever been in a family with lots of brothers and sisters. Life for them is a playdate everyday. And why not worry about your education? You don’t seem to have any! Did yourmother give you the education of minding other peoples biz everyday? wow wow wow

Amber

Posted at 1:20 AM on February 24, 2010

I am not wealthy but I homeschool my children and we are constantly on the road doing road trips. We are also planning our trip on our sailboat that will send us around the world. My kids are normal, healthy, and happy! They do not need to be a school or even the same area to be happy. My kids socialize with kids and adults from all over. I think it is great that Brad and Angelina’s children get to experience life around the world. What an experience! It is excellent and they are great parents. I think it shows how close they are since they take the kids everywhere with them. They all love spending time together.

Adrienne

Posted at 11:57 PM on February 23, 2010

They shouldn’t keep taking their kids all around the world. They should keep them in one place.

liza

Posted at 7:34 PM on February 24, 2010

Like keeping them in the box like what your Mom did to you? What Brad and Angelina are doing is best for their kids.

JJ

Posted at 11:06 PM on February 24, 2010

Yea! You move to Venice sit for three months you finally get settled in and the annouce “We’re moving again!”

sara

Posted at 10:56 PM on February 23, 2010

Zahara is sucking her thumb at 5? It caused speech and dental problems for my friend. Maybe she has anxiety over something? I think the family will eventually settle down somewhere, the only question is where.

get a life

Posted at 9:47 PM on February 23, 2010

Bonnie, leave them alone cause they know best and who are you talking about thier parenting skill.
Take care yours and talk about something eles cause brad and angelina does not care what you think.
Brad and Angelina is only reason why you are in a job cause nobody cares about other celebrities.
Get a life !

laura.dec@verizon.net

Posted at 8:40 PM on February 23, 2010

Only time will tell how the turn out. But I think routine is key is raising children.